California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Should I sell my IS350 or keep it?

Old 06-05-2007 | 02:13 PM

If you can afford a second cheap commuter car (you don't need much) you will probably lose the least amount of money as an older car, such as a Honda, will not depreciate as much. I have bought and sold several different Hondas and I have not lost money since I was patient enough to find a good deal. If you look around and are patient you should be able to find a deal on a cheap commuter car such as a Civic HB/Coupe/Integra/etc. for $3-7k depending on the year you want. I personally am partial to the 96+ Civic HBs as they have a lot more room in the interior and they are generally in a lot better condition than the 92-95s.

If you end up working closer to home, you can resell the used car much easier without losing money as compared to selling your relatively new IS, buying a relatively new/brand new FIT, selling the fit, and then buying another luxury car again. You will hit depreciation x3.

On a side note, your insurance can actually go down overall or at worst, you will be paying a few more hundred bucks a year to insure a second car. Ask your broker if you get a multi-car discount.
Old 06-05-2007 | 02:16 PM

sell it so you can get that 60" DLP HDTV!
Old 06-05-2007 | 02:23 PM

Sell it and get something so you can live within your means.
Easy.

Peace David

von
Old 06-05-2007 | 02:35 PM

you'll lose a chuck selling it now, well, see if is there is250 owner wanna go upgrade.

if you sell it straight out, you'll lose a good bit and i doubt the extra money from the sale after buying a fit will be much.(not to mention the mark up and initial lose for the fit)

i'd keep if i were you

100 miles is not that bad, it's aroun 75-80 a day for me, at least 75
Old 06-05-2007 | 02:39 PM

Pull out the odometer sensor and buy a potable GPS to tell u how fast ur going
Old 06-05-2007 | 02:40 PM

buying a big tv huh paul?

did you just wake up or something??
Old 06-05-2007 | 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by vonHultgren,Jun 5 2007, 02:23 PM
Sell it and get something so you can live within your means.
Easy.

Peace David

von
that's what i had in mind
Old 06-05-2007 | 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by OC S2K,Jun 5 2007, 02:13 PM
If you can afford a second cheap commuter car (you don't need much) you will probably lose the least amount of money as an older car, such as a Honda, will not depreciate as much. I have bought and sold several different Hondas and I have not lost money since I was patient enough to find a good deal. If you look around and are patient you should be able to find a deal on a cheap commuter car such as a Civic HB/Coupe/Integra/etc. for $3-7k depending on the year you want. I personally am partial to the 96+ Civic HBs as they have a lot more room in the interior and they are generally in a lot better condition than the 92-95s.

If you end up working closer to home, you can resell the used car much easier without losing money as compared to selling your relatively new IS, buying a relatively new/brand new FIT, selling the fit, and then buying another luxury car again. You will hit depreciation x3.

On a side note, your insurance can actually go down overall or at worst, you will be paying a few more hundred bucks a year to insure a second car. Ask your broker if you get a multi-car discount.
very good tips. I already have multi car discount. I wonder if FIT's insurance will be lowered than the IS.... IS is actually pretty good. With my record I'm paying 560 for half year Farmers full coverage so... it coulbe be better.

I don't know if i want to buy civic. I want something different. I wanted a fit before buying the IS but the fit had an mark up and there wasn't much around to pic up one. but of course you get what you pay for and IS will differently be a better choic. i just dont' want to regret in 3 years my IS will be around 100k miles... by then what will it worth?
Old 06-05-2007 | 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by iam7head,Jun 5 2007, 02:35 PM
you'll lose a chuck selling it now, well, see if is there is250 owner wanna go upgrade.

if you sell it straight out, you'll lose a good bit and i doubt the extra money from the sale after buying a fit will be much.(not to mention the mark up and initial lose for the fit)

i'd keep if i were you

100 miles is not that bad, it's aroun 75-80 a day for me, at least 75
My girl has IS250. I was thinking about tell her to sell hers and keep mine since I have a navi and she doesn't. IS350 are harder to find now at the dealer so the price should be still good to sell. My problem with this is we are not married and I do not want to share car with her. If we are married then for sure her car gotta go...
Old 06-05-2007 | 03:10 PM

I am the opposite with most.

When I had to commute to work in the past, my 2000 Monaco Blue NSX-T made it more bearable for me. Now that I do not have to commute as far, a 2007 Honda Civic hybrid is my daily work car now for a 15 mile commute. It should have been the other way around I know but I did not mind driving that NSX in 405 traffic at 5 pm. Basically, traffic was bearable when you are driving a car you love to drive.

Tan

Quick Reply: Should I sell my IS350 or keep it?