California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Should I sell my IS350 or keep it?

Old 06-05-2007 | 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by estukaye,Jun 5 2007, 09:07 AM
The FIT won't get you that much better milege. I was in the same position and was going to buy a VW TDI to save gas, but the reliability issues steered me away. I do like the diesel powerband though. Totally different from the S.

I get around 25mpg these days which is not too bad. I have a 40 mile round trip commute to work.

Im holding off till they bring diesels over here. Can't wait till we see a Turbo diesel Prius with Li-ions...100mpg fo sho.
i don't know if it's because the way i drive, i do get pretty good gas mileage on the IS than the S. I normally fill up 14.5 gal. and 400 miles per tank. sometime I get even up to 420 miles per tank. I know Fit will give you around 30-35 so 7 miles approx. will not make a big different.
Old 06-05-2007 | 09:15 AM

i say sell it. It's not only about the mileage(they're probably not much different like others have said) but you'll be saving money because you're monthly will be cheaper(unless your IS is paid off then i'd rethink things), gas is cheaper(i'm pretty sure you have to use 91 in the IS), and we forget, INSURANCE. Insuring the Fit will definately be cheaper than insuring the IS. Sell it now before it depreciates more and use that money you save elsewhere. My $0.02.

And i agree with Kel...the only realy luxury you need on a commute is AC(maybe cruise control and a decent stereo). Besides, if the Fit isn't comfortable enough, I'm sure there's still other cars within the same price range that might be more comfortable.
Old 06-05-2007 | 09:17 AM

David, I would sell it bro. Just get an older model Civic HX and you are good to go. Putting that many miles a day on the car will depreciate the IS350 real quick. If you want a Prius, I can sell you mine 56MPG son!!!
Old 06-05-2007 | 09:18 AM

The gas mileage is a big deal. The IS needs Premium and the Fit doesn't.
Old 06-05-2007 | 09:24 AM

Since you're averaging such good fuel economy on the IS, I figure with your conservative driving style, it won't make much of a difference driving the Fit since you're not flooring it everywhere. You may even see 40mpg on average since I am guessing you're on the freeway most of the time. The Fit has a/c, power everything, and a decent sound system so it may be a good move. For me, I'd have a HARD time giving up the IS since I love the little luxury features and the styling of the car just kills the Fit every which way. But saving on the gas, car insurance, and maintenance with the Fit might just make it a better idea.
Old 06-05-2007 | 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by DouglaS2000,Jun 5 2007, 09:24 AM
Since you're averaging such good fuel economy on the IS, I figure with your conservative driving style, it won't make much of a difference driving the Fit since you're not flooring it everywhere. You may even see 40mpg on average since I am guessing you're on the freeway most of the time. The Fit has a/c, power everything, and a decent sound system so it may be a good move. For me, I'd have a HARD time giving up the IS since I love the little luxury features and the styling of the car just kills the Fit every which way. But saving on the gas, car insurance, and maintenance with the Fit might just make it a better idea.
I know the main thing I won
Old 06-05-2007 | 10:20 AM

it sounds like most of you guys that replied would probably sell it
Old 06-05-2007 | 12:29 PM

pfft.. i put 95 miles per day on my s2k. aint no thing mang.
Old 06-05-2007 | 12:33 PM

sell it and get as much as u can and then buy something cheaper...use as a daily

and extra cash can be donated to Desmond.Inc LOL
Old 06-05-2007 | 02:03 PM

i don't mind driving the IS that much. My concern is that right now i can still get a lot of money back and by something cheap to commute for now. If later my job ends up around where i live maybe i can buy another lexury car. It feels that i'm putting the mileage on this car way too fast and feels like i won't be able to keep the car for a long time.

Quick Reply: Should I sell my IS350 or keep it?