California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Should I sell my IS350 or keep it?

Old 06-05-2007 | 08:06 AM

I mean... it's nice driving a lexus in southern CA especiall i'm driving that much. I did just bought a condo and i guess this is what started to make me think. Selling the IS will differently give me some breeze with mortgage. I guess I don't know how i'll feel drving a FIT for 100 miles everyday. I do sometime borrow my parent's mpv because they only drive like 10 miles a week and I didn't like it much. It's a gas killer.
Old 06-05-2007 | 08:09 AM

Maybe you could rent a Fit or similar car for a week to see how you would feel driving the car for 100 miles a day.

The need to save money when you have a mortgage makes sense though. You just need to realize there's a big difference in a FIT and IS.
Old 06-05-2007 | 08:11 AM

I mean... it's nice driving a lexus in southern CA especiall i'm driving that much. I did just bought a condo and i guess this is what started to make me think. Selling the IS will differently give me some breeze with mortgage. I guess I don't know how i'll feel drving a FIT for 100 miles everyday. I do sometime borrow my parent's mpv because they only drive like 10 miles a week and I didn't like it much. It's a gas killer.
yeah... maybe try test drive a fit and get a sense of it. If you can handle the commute in a lesser car, it makes more sense financially, but is it going to make your commute miserable? also keep in mind that you're gonna lose $ anyways since you'd sell it used. Conversely, buying down your mrtgage is always a good thing (hope you're putting in one extra payment a year?!?), and/or investing for the long run (contributing to your IRA, or just stocks). I see it always a balance... enjoying today but also being ready for tomorrow.
Old 06-05-2007 | 08:17 AM

just remember what your main priorities are. you'll figure it out david.
Old 06-05-2007 | 08:35 AM
Community Organizer

Why do't you call me, show me your new house, make me dinner, and we can talk about it.
Old 06-05-2007 | 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by Back-cracker,Jun 5 2007, 08:35 AM
Why do't you call me, show me your new house, make me dinner, and we can talk about it.
we'll do. i have class on week day that's why. maybe this weekend.
Old 06-05-2007 | 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by psychophd,Jun 5 2007, 08:11 AM
yeah... maybe try test drive a fit and get a sense of it. If you can handle the commute in a lesser car, it makes more sense financially, but is it going to make your commute miserable? also keep in mind that you're gonna lose $ anyways since you'd sell it used. Conversely, buying down your mrtgage is always a good thing (hope you're putting in one extra payment a year?!?), and/or investing for the long run (contributing to your IRA, or just stocks). I see it always a balance... enjoying today but also being ready for tomorrow.
all i can say is that my IS is in a almost perfect condition. I am very surprise that I kstill kept it that way after all the driving. I know I'll lose money on the IS now but in long run i'll probably lose not that much in comparison. I will differently go test out the FIT again and see if I can really handle the driving style that I already have. Also, if i want to buy a Fit it will probably be a used one around 12k. There will be no rush buying a FIT. I'll sell the IS first before I make any move.
Old 06-05-2007 | 08:57 AM
Kel

Sell it. The only luxury you need is AC.
Old 06-05-2007 | 09:07 AM

The FIT won't get you that much better milege. I was in the same position and was going to buy a VW TDI to save gas, but the reliability issues steered me away. I do like the diesel powerband though. Totally different from the S.

I get around 25mpg these days which is not too bad. I have a 40 mile round trip commute to work.

Im holding off till they bring diesels over here. Can't wait till we see a Turbo diesel Prius with Li-ions...100mpg fo sho.

Old 06-05-2007 | 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by HunterEz,Jun 5 2007, 08:57 AM
Sell it. The only luxury you need is AC.
AC huh? I don't even use that LOL

Quick Reply: Should I sell my IS350 or keep it?