California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

(Semi-Drama) Dont you just hate it when....

Old 12-10-2007, 01:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 05TurboS2k,Dec 10 2007, 01:56 PM
man the more you talk the more i can tell u can't drive.

your lack of self confidence in ur skills is yours alone. Fact is a few people on here can actually drive, if you can't you should sharpen your skills in a safe place rather then act like everyone's as talentless and inexperienced as you are. But hey thats just imo. There's a few people on here who I

i dont believe in a jinx.

i take every situation as it comes.

Old 12-10-2007, 03:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

English is a hard language to master....
Old 12-10-2007, 04:07 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

perhaps im in a bad mood due to some moronic driver i bumped into on the way home just now who did a slight hit and run ATTEMPT on my truck... but....

internet/forum english isn't really english

unless your on the english.com forum...which im not a part of because that'd be weak sauce. Also, i'd agree english is a hard language to master, the exceptions are almost unlimited, oppose to say a phonetic language such as Japanese where your biggest annoyances are homonyms like you'll find with the words.... chopstick, bridge, edge...can't remember the fourth if there is one. In any case that'd be correct, and its a well known fact that English is indeed a very hard language to master.

THX CAPT. OBVIOUS

Keep in mind here I was personally attacked in this thread, and did not engage this argument in this manner first.

<ENTER CAR FORUM>
Old 12-10-2007, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by 05TurboS2k,Dec 10 2007, 12:15 PM
lol agreeeeed.

i've been street racing since age 16, never had a close call...never had a legal problem.

im not sure what people are talking about when they say "alll the wreckless people street racing causing deaths"

how many people honestly die annually from street racing??? VERY FEW

every "street race related" u hear about is publicized making it seem worse then it is...even so its few and far between, not worth even worrying about IMO. Not only that but they love to make it "racing" when really it was just 2 or 3 morons with no experience driving fast.

honestly how stupid do u have to me to loose a race that doesn't even have any corners!!!! LOL its a joke, as are the people who crash doing it. A street race doesn't even touch the limits I've raced at on a track, I don't think twice about doing it and it doesn't raise my heart rate these days. Only prob is moronic drivers trying it who can't handle a car.

However i have had complete dipshits in things like lowered S10's flying through traffic weaving to the limit of the vehicle and watched them BARELY miss cars over and over ...im sure if they were pulled over it'd be "street racing" or if they crashed due to " im a dumb **** and can't drive" that'd be called "street racing" as well.
You're kidding I hope.
Old 12-10-2007, 04:22 PM

on none of the above was I kidding.
I was speaking with a retired PD officer just a few moments ago who confirmed mostly the same, he said it really depends on the area. In general he said the problems are either in canyon (unsafe roads) roads or in busy streets. Neither of these are reasonable places to actually race imo but he said it is indeed rare for accidents out on open roads. ....sorta backs up what i said i guess.

I truly can't say I've ever even had a near close call. I've been in the car with someone while they did, and since HATE driving with drivers who don't know their limits.

However even when im "street racing" I stay well within my own limits, I feel the biggest threat is what italia mentioned. The other driver or just people not paying attention who are driving in other lanes etc. However taking this into consideration I don't race where I feel theres a potential for someone to make a mistake but instead I EXPECT them to make a mistake.

It's the same way I ride a street bike. When I look ahead at a car trying to cut someone off but its clear they are running short of space. I expect them to do the stupid thing, try, fail, swerve the opposite direction etc. Everyone who I'm next to I EXPECT to cut me off at any moment. I try to ride as though i'm INVISIBLE...rather the INVINCIBLE. Thus far in life it's seemed to have kept me safe. I've had no major accidents, only a parking lot ooopsies once.

LASTLY on this topic......

If you TRULY NEVER street race your car, or break any laws.... WHY DO U OWN AN S2000????? Go get a civic. Unless your someone who does a track day every weekend what in the hell is the point. So you can talk about how cool u are or show ur car off? For the ladies for what? I bought this car to haul ass 24/7. It's not luxurious, its not comfortable, the gas millage isn't good, it isn't safe, it isn't much of anything else then a cheap street legal toy. I think MOST everyone on here can admit they've all had their moment of "street racing" that doesn't mean we have to do 155mph in a 20mph zone but... i think most of u get the point here.

for me it is: safer then a street bike and still fairly fast.
thats all. It keeps me off my bike which statistically more dangerous riding very safe then if i street race the car 24/7.

...oh and miata's kick ass, anyone who's driven a track ready miata even with a $1,300 turbo kit would be lying if they said it wasn't a damn blast! it's a lot of car for the money.
Old 12-10-2007, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by 05TurboS2k,Dec 10 2007, 05:07 PM
...Keep in mind here I was personally attacked in this thread, and did not engage this argument in this manner first. ...
When you put yourself out there, like you do often, on controversial subjects, for good or bad reasons, you need to EXPECT those kind of attacks.
Old 12-10-2007, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by Timphan84,Dec 9 2007, 09:32 PM
street racing IS dumb...i would never ever do it again. I got caught 4 years ago and it wasnt cheap... After all the reckless drivers out there killing people for street racing...its a sad thing to see. =/ But miatas are not the Shit....they suck.
Street racing is only dumb for those ppl who do it in the wrong places and race recklessly but that is just my opinion i rarely race on the streets

As for miatas yea there slow but they are a great car wouldnt want one personally but they get a

P.S watch out for ones with motor swaps or turbos
Old 12-10-2007, 04:45 PM

patrick.......fair enough. and yes i do that often.

and lazy jet....much agree.
Old 12-10-2007, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by 05TurboS2k,Dec 10 2007, 06:22 PM
If you TRULY NEVER street race your car, or break any laws.... WHY DO U OWN AN S2000????? Go get a civic. Unless your someone who does a track day every weekend what in the hell is the point. So you can talk about how cool u are or show ur car off? For the ladies for what? I bought this car to haul ass 24/7. It's not luxurious, its not comfortable, the gas millage isn't good, it isn't safe,
I bought mine because I was hoping to meet Jennifer Love Hewitt somehow.

Actually, the s2000 is a very safe car.
Old 12-10-2007, 05:08 PM

4/5 and 5/5 on most ratings.....

however i dont go by ratings TOO strongly...

imagine F250 meets S2000........ sure on its own into a wall its safe...but against any decent sized truck......god id be scared.

Quick Reply: (Semi-Drama) Dont you just hate it when....