California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Seeking car storage on the West side of LA

Old 07-06-2013, 08:23 PM

Received 207 Likes on 108 Posts
Default Seeking car storage on the West side of LA

Does anyone have any direct experience with any car storage places on the west side of LA? Ideally I'm looking for as close to the Santa Monica area as possible.

I am doing research myself through the usual paths (craigslist, westsiderentals, yelp, and old-fashioned google searches), but I am also asking here if anyone has any firsthand information on places they may have used -- positive or otherwise.

I'm picking up a third vehicle next week and only have immediate space for two. So I need to park/store one securely.

I have come across at least two really good looking storage places specializing in vehicles, but the locations aren't ideal for me.

By the way, anyone located near Pasadena, if you need a storage place for a car, I found one that is just incredible complete with live webcams so you can see your car in their facility any time of the day! If it weren't nearly an hour from my home, I would be all over this place.
Old 07-06-2013, 08:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whats the name of that place in Pasadena? I have a company car and my S i would like to have cameras on the s
Old 07-06-2013, 08:59 PM

PM sent
Old 07-07-2013, 07:48 AM

I was looking into something similar a few months ago and had a hard time finding much. The only thing I really found was this place that always posts on craigslist (and I wasn't really a fan of how they "stack" the cars):

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst...911830447.html

What kind of car are you picking up if you don't mind me asking?
Old 07-07-2013, 01:41 PM

^^ Yeah, I've tried to call the folks running that advertisement on three different occasions (they post that ad several times a week too!), I always get voicemail and they never return my calls. As much as I like the convenience factor of the location, I worry about a group that doesn't return calls and so I'm hesitant to want to put a car with them. I mean, makes me wonder if I would have the same amount of trouble getting a hold of them to get my car out when I want it, you know?

I have a deposit down on an '05 Lotus Elise. Long story, but basically we are just waiting on some paperwork to clear and then we can complete the deal. I am crossing my fingers that it will happen sometime this week.

And I am pretty sure I will *not* be taking it on the EOM drive in July since I won't be familiar enough with the car yet to feel comfortable leading anyone while I'm driving it. And besides that, British cars are notorious for having really crappy air conditioning if you are even lucky enough to get one that functions at all. LOL. So July in an Elise for an all day drive is probably a terrible idea.
Old 07-07-2013, 03:16 PM

Finally!!
Old 07-07-2013, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by Martin LA
Finally!!
Yup. Takes patience and time to find a decent example that isn't exorbitantly overpriced and is local. Because of wanting to use my credit union for funding (great interest rates) I had to meet a few extra requirements such as it had to be a California titled car and it would be easiest if it was local to LA, unless I found some fluke great deal at a dealership (but still in state). Lemme tell ya, I went to see several examples that were just god-awful. The one I'm getting is no garage queen, but it's a decent example so I'm happy. And the seller not only came down in price but was willing to jump through some DMV hoops to help make it happen. It's the last of the DMV hoops that we are getting through right now.
Old 07-08-2013, 08:30 PM

bring it out in july! do it! if you are worried about not being familiar you could always trail instead of lead, and if you are worried about heat you can get one of those car fans..........
Old 07-09-2013, 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by Silver5656
bring it out in july! do it! if you are worried about not being familiar you could always trail instead of lead,...
LOL! You know that probably wouldn't be the wisest choice. It's summertime and if we get more than 20 cars, we need three groups with a confident lead car for each one. Besides, a friend of mine said she wants to ride shotgun with me this month and I'm sure she would be more comfortable in the S.

Now, August.... :-D
Old 07-09-2013, 04:57 PM

nothing fun ever comes from wise decisions.......

Quick Reply: Seeking car storage on the West side of LA