California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Scott Peterson is GUILTY of MURDER #1

Old 11-12-2004, 12:19 PM
Community Organizer

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Scott Peterson is GUILTY of MURDER #1

He's guilty. Now the appeals. (This should be messy) They are going mention about the jury change. 3 times.

BC
Old 11-12-2004, 12:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I must be living in a hole... but who's Scott Peterson... i'm gonna go on a search!
Old 11-12-2004, 01:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Back-cracker,Nov 12 2004, 02:19 PM
He's guilty. Now the appeals. (This should be messy) They are going mention about the jury change. 3 times.

BC
Mike, it is incorrect to call it a jury change per se. Things happen and that is why they have alternate jurors. The alternates experience everything that the 12 jurors do, so there is no difference in the decision making process (setting aside inherent biases etc.). In theory, every juror is evaluating the same evidence in the same objective manner.

There will be a long appeals process, but he will still be rotting in jail. I am GLAD that they nailed his a$$ to the wall.

Ryan
Old 11-12-2004, 01:31 PM

They are so going to Fry his a$$ and I believe he deserves it. I think he thought he was going to OJ his way out of it!

When Mrs. Oatnet called me with the news, she had it on the TV, I asked her if she could hear a sound like bacon frying or did they grant him an appeal?
Old 11-12-2004, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by oatnet,Nov 12 2004, 03:31 PM
When Mrs. Oatnet called me with the news, she had it on the TV, I asked her if she could hear a sound like bacon frying or did they grant him an appeal?
Old 11-12-2004, 01:37 PM

JUSTICE PREVAILS!!
Old 11-12-2004, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by CrAzYNeSs,Nov 12 2004, 01:31 PM
I must be living in a hole... but who's Scott Peterson... i'm gonna go on a search!
lmao!!!11! this is the funniest joke I've heard all year...
Old 11-12-2004, 02:36 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I hate to sound like the spoilsport here...

I don't have all that much a problem with the convictions, but the call for the death penalty seems a bit extreme considering the fact that the trial was all based on circumstantial evidence combined with Scott being a two-timing sleazeball.

I'd settle for life w/o parole. And for those that know me and my political leanings, that is a very unusual position for me to take. Then again, I never put much weight on circumstantial evidence in any case.

Any physical evidence linking him to the murders and I'd be with the rest of the crowd carrying torches and pitchforks.
Old 11-12-2004, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by rworne,Nov 12 2004, 03:36 PM
I hate to sound like the spoilsport here...

I don't have all that much a problem with the convictions, but the call for the death penalty seems a bit extreme considering the fact that the trial was all based on circumstantial evidence combined with Scott being a two-timing sleazeball.

I'd settle for life w/o parole. And for those that know me and my political leanings, that is a very unusual position for me to take. Then again, I never put much weight on circumstantial evidence in any case.

Any physical evidence linking him to the murders and I'd be with the rest of the crowd carrying torches and pitchforks.
I would have to agree w/ you on this one... pattern of behavior shows that he's a cheater not a killer, circumstantial evidence does point in his direction but its not like clearcut, not clear cut as OJ's dna evidence. So based on that the death sentence is a bit much i think...

but then again its just my opinion i might be wrong
Old 11-12-2004, 05:02 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Well, what matters to me is that if there's going to be a death penalty case, it needs to be clear-cut.

In this case they have a motive, but no cause of death, no time of death, and no physical evidence. Just a string of coincidences that look really bad for the Scottster.

Now about the second charge for the fetus? Don't even get me started. Either it's a lump of flesh or a human being. You can't have it both ways. Yes that opinion sucks, but it's fair.

Quick Reply: Scott Peterson is GUILTY of MURDER #1