California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

santa monica honda can do spark plug TSB

Old 08-12-2002, 04:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kuni,let me know how that goes because I'll be ready for my 7,500 mile service in a few weeks and want the spark plug fix done at the same time....I also go to Miller Honda.
Old 08-12-2002, 07:48 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

chris-
any service advisor can help, but raghu handled mine. i called first to find out if they knew of the TSB (recall) and he said they did and had the parts. actually i spoke to someone else first, but the guy i spoke to was not in on saturdays, so he transferred me to raghu (pronounced "ragu").

kuni-
it was just an expensive oil & lube!!
according to the service manual they check lots of things and lube a few (inspect brakes, tierods, steering gearbox, rackboots, suspension, driveshaft, brake hoses, etc.)
they did handle my car very well...
all other hondas were handled the same, but on mine they put a rag down before they put the magnetic magnet on the trunk (no marks left) and parked it in a place by its self.
by the way, the 7500 mile service is just an oil change- $100 is a lot for that... but then so is $200 a lot for an oil change and inspection!!!
Old 08-12-2002, 08:34 AM

wanabe,

hey thanks again for the info! yeah im about to hit 15,000 probably next month and am just looking around for a dealership that will take care of my car. yeah ill contact the dealership and set up my appointment probably sometime next month then. oh yeah ill definitely let you know how the window thing turns out then.

chris
Old 08-12-2002, 12:27 PM
bjl

I have always had great things to say about SM Honda until the last time I took it in for an oil change. They told me that from now on, oil changes would be $50 because they had to use a different oil. When I told them that I don't use synthetic, my service advisor said it didn't matter they still had to use "special" oil that costs them $6/quart. Since when does regular 10w-30 cost $6/quart???? I know I won't be back for oil changes at that price...maybe I'll go back for the spark plug TSB though.
Old 08-12-2002, 06:16 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

maybe santa monica has too much business now!
they were real busy when i was there...
Old 08-13-2002, 03:52 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by kuni
[B]I am taking my car to Mike Miller on Tuesday to have this work done.
Old 08-14-2002, 03:56 PM

OK,I took my car in for the plug recall today and heres what was discovered,also let me give a little history and time line to help others with the "should I get this done right now "question.My S is a 2002 that I purchased new in October of last year and currently have 6,900 miles on her.All plugs were found to be loose with one starting to "back out" was the term the tech used.(sorry but I forgot to ask if the real loose plug was for the #4 cyl)So my suggestion is to get in ASAP and have this taken care of.....good luck to all.
Old 08-14-2002, 05:46 PM

I received my notice from AHC today 8/14 and will be taking my S to the dealer sometime in the next 3 weeks! Gardena Honda is the nearest dealer to me and so far I have heard nothing but good things about them when it comes to customer service. Can anyones else verify?
Old 08-20-2002, 11:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I called Kolbe Honda on Reseda Blvd a couple of days ago to take my car in on a Saturday so they can do the recall, the stupid lady on the phone said that they don't do any warranty work on Saturdays I've always heard their service sucked but this is really stupid. What is so hard about changing spark plugs on a Saturday??
Old 08-21-2002, 10:05 PM

Have not been able to post for a while now, but my other car was in the shop for warranty work, so I had to wait to get this done. Will be bringing my car in next week to Miller.

Quick Reply: santa monica honda can do spark plug TSB