California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

San Diego Miramar speed circuit/go-carts

Old 07-17-2003 | 01:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default San Diego Miramar speed circuit/go-carts

Wondering if anyone in San Diego has gone here. Track record is 33.448 and I can't seem to beat it. My best time is 34.550. If nobody knows about this new track check it out at www.miramarspeedcircuit.com. If you have a better time than mines, please give me a few tips on how to break my best lap. Thanks
Old 07-17-2003 | 04:08 PM

Haven't been there and don't have a kart yet. If you ever want anyone to come along with you for some ride time I'd be happy to check it out. I've been dying to get into karting out here but haven't found any places close to SD.
Jason
Old 07-17-2003 | 06:34 PM

Cool, well you don't need to bring a cart since they supply you with one. They are pretty fast and alittle tail happy like our S2000 but thats all part of the fun.

If you want just PM me your # and I will give you a call anytime I head there. Ususally I'm there on weekends if I'm not busy, but I try to aleast make it there once a week. This track is kind of expensive but the fun you get out of it is well worth it.

So knowbody has a better lap time than me?
Old 07-17-2003 | 07:50 PM

I just found out about it last night and will be heading over there this weekend or early next week. I'm glad I don't have a drive an hour to dromo1 anymore. Now I only need to drive 5 mins .

Kevin
Old 07-17-2003 | 08:34 PM
Ray

I didn't even know there was a go-kart track in Miramar.

I was thinking about going to Amago soon, but this is a lot cheaper.
http://www.go-karting.com/

How many laps do you get and how fast is the track?
Old 07-19-2003 | 08:42 PM

I usually average about 15-16 laps depending on traffic. Traffic sucks because it affects your lap times alot.

Today I went and my race had slight traffic which was 6 cars. This time I managed a best lap time of 34.059. I will soon have best lap time there which is 33.1XX(I forgot).

See you guys there!
Old 07-20-2003 | 11:50 PM

I went today and got a 35.6xx. Not bad for the first time. I love this track, its like twice the size of Dromo1 and the carts seem alot faster. Also for the track record I hear its now 32.8xx set by some guy who works there. Liemoanh did you buy the membership?

kevin
Old 07-21-2003 | 04:55 PM

Not bad at all, considering it's your first time. So how many cars where running when you raced?

I knew that one of the workers got the 32.8xx but it was not documented on time slips. Also when you get to run an hour straight your bound to hit 32's. I have gone 3 times and probably will go this week.

Yes I've been a member ever since it's been opened. It helped because I got the membership when it was $30.00 now it's $50.00 (rip off).

There is also a league that is starting up and it should begin on the 7/29. If your interested just ask the teller for more info.

See you guys there!
Old 07-21-2003 | 05:16 PM

Liemoanh, when are you going again? My office is right by there and pass by it all the time and never knew what it was all about. I checked out the website and looks like fun.
Old 07-21-2003 | 05:42 PM

Hey, hows it going French3sd! Are you the guy who came to the last San Diego meet in Otay with your son? Does Redbull ring a bell? If so, then I sorry for taking your cooler. I had to since you never made it back to pick it up. I will bring it back for you next time we meet.

I'm probably going to go sometime this weekend, but I have to check with Jehman since hes also interested in going. If anyone is interested in having a little Carting action than we should meet up.

See you there!

Quick Reply: San Diego Miramar speed circuit/go-carts