California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners
View Poll Results: Should same sex marriage be allowed?
Yes
57.85%
No
42.15%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Same Sex Marriage

Old 05-16-2008, 12:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=ESCALVANTE,May 16 2008, 01:28 PM] Let's not get the Bible involved in this.
Old 05-16-2008, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by hapybrian,May 16 2008, 01:34 PM
Brother's marrying sisters?
Dad's marrying daughters?

Where do you draw the line?
Only in Arkansas..........

No, some common sense needs to prevail there......

Old 05-16-2008, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by Nicotunes,May 16 2008, 01:34 PM
I am not sure you can leave it out, since it is true that THAT is where much of the opposition is from.......

Old 05-16-2008, 12:37 PM

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Nicotunes,May 16 2008, 12:30 PM
Excellent point, David!!!

People need to realize that homosexuality has been around since the dawn of time.

It's time to stop treating them like lepers.

(Leper reference intentional....)

I see where you guys are coming from but:
Would you be okay with your three year old son being exposed to guys kissing/huggin/grabbing each other?
Would it be right for your 4 year-old daughter to witness two butch females lip locking at Disneyland?

Reason I ask this is because I understand we are adults and can handling anything. But, children develop according to what they are exposed to. Would a "Gay World" be something you are okay with exposing your children to? Or, would it not matter because he are either born gay or you're not?

???????????
Old 05-16-2008, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by leets,May 16 2008, 01:32 PM

Especially since we live in a country that was meant to have a government that was independent of the church.

... although I sometimes get the impression I'm the only one who actually paid attention to my nation's history.
I read those same history books, and actually paid some attention to the fact brought to light.

Seems to me that a majority of them spoke of the evils of hate and the separation of people for differences in a very negative light. Funny how we can all be taught the same things in school about the history of hate, but have such different views when it comes to a modern day version of an age old problem
Old 05-16-2008, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by ESCALVANTE,May 16 2008, 01:37 PM

Would you be okay with your three year old son being exposed to guys kissing/huggin/grabbing each other?
Would it be right for your 4 year-old daughter to witness two butch females lip locking at Disneyland?

Reason I ask this is because I understand we are adults and can handling anything. But, children develop according to what they are exposed to. Would a "Gay World" be something you are okay with exposing your children to? Or, would it not matter because he are either born gay or you're not?

???????????
You only view that as a bad thing because of opposition to homosexuality. You dont have a problem with the kid seeing the kissing and loving interaction between heterosexual couples right?

If homosexuals were accepted, you wouldn't have a problem with them seeing that as well.

One step further, how many of these people commenting against it have:

A) played "touch the little boy there" with a young alter boy

B) hoped to high holly hell they could have some fun with 2 women and would not have minded those girls touching each other.
Old 05-16-2008, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by S2PIDSTYLE,May 16 2008, 01:24 PM
You cannot count adoption and artificial insemination in this equation either, because neither of those would abide by the laws of the bible either.
So according to the Bible, adoption is forbidden? Jesus himself was adopted by his father Joseph after he learned that he wasn't the father.

What I am trying to argue is that kids need both a mother and a father figure growing up. Yes it is unfortunate when people divorce, or they leave their family. However what kind of emotional effects would the child have beeing raised by 2 gay people?

P.S. I stated I didn't wanna involve religion into this debate, however, your facts are a bit off.
Old 05-16-2008, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by ESCALVANTE,May 16 2008, 01:37 PM

???????????
Come on now

Just because they can get married, it does NOT mean they will suddenly be f*****g on the Tilt A Whirl!!!!!

I do not want to see heteros sucking face in public either!!!!!!!
Old 05-16-2008, 12:45 PM

I don't see why gay marriage shouldn't be allowed just for the fact that there are so many straight couples out there that don't even cherish their vows.
Old 05-16-2008, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by Currahee474,May 16 2008, 01:42 PM
Jesus himself was adopted by his father Joseph after he learned that he wasn't the father.
WTF?????? What religion are you?

Quick Reply: Same Sex Marriage