California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners
View Poll Results: Should same sex marriage be allowed?
Yes
57.85%
No
42.15%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Same Sex Marriage

Old 05-16-2008, 02:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah. It's definitely not a choice.

Little story:
Back when I was bartending in Florida. I worked a couple nights a week at a gay nightclub. This was in a relatively small city that has a large redneck population. For anyone that disagrees that Florida is "southern", they're wrong. Heheh.
Anyway, it's pretty common to get yelled at while walking to work from the parking lot and called things, etc. The rednecks HATE gays. They hate them violently.
One night, a redneck walks in and sits at my bar. He orders a michelob light and says, "This is a fag bar?"
"Yes."
"Are you a fag?" he says.
"No."
I'm thinking this guy's gonna start causing trouble because usually people walk right back out the second they realize the nature of the place. He stayed on his stool. He also couldn't have been more than 160 pounds, which would be trouble for him since a good percentage of the gay guys that come to this place are big hulking mofos.
Then he says, "How can you stand all these faggots?"
I say, "It's good money and there are a lot less jerks here than there are at regular clubs. It's not so bad."
He just sits quietly and orders more beer. He stays pretty quiet and doesn't speak to anyone for hours as the place fills up and, for the life of me, I can't figure out what he's still doing there. After a bit he says, "Excuse me. I have to go to the bathroom."
So, he gets up and disappears. I don't see him again after that (which was fine since we don't keep tabs) and figured he probably left. Awhile later, though, my manager comes to me chuckling and says, "Did you see the redneck in the bathroom?"
I was like "No..."
He says, "There's this dude offering blow jobs to every guy that goes in there."
"Jesus."
"Yeah. There he is."
Turns out it was the same guy that was at my bar. He leaves, but the thought struck me the guy was totally gay, but he's acting out in the worst way possible. Now I'm thinking he has to go back to his gay hating family and his gay hating friends and has to pretend he hates gays too or else who knows what they'd do to hm.

Sucks.
Old 05-16-2008, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by Wolfgang,May 16 2008, 03:05 PM
Yeah. It's definitely not a choice.

Little story:
Back when I was bartending in Florida. I worked a couple nights a week at a gay nightclub. This was in a relatively small city that has a large redneck population. For anyone that disagrees that Florida is "southern", they're wrong. Heheh.
Anyway, it's pretty common to get yelled at while walking to work from the parking lot and called things, etc. The rednecks HATE gays. They hate them violently.
One night, a redneck walks in and sits at my bar. He orders a michelob light and says, "This is a fag bar?"
"Yes."
"Are you a fag?" he says.
"No."
I'm thinking this guy's gonna start causing trouble because usually people walk right back out the second they realize the nature of the place. He stayed on his stool. He also couldn't have been more than 160 pounds, which would be trouble for him since a good percentage of the gay guys that come to this place are big hulking mofos.
Then he says, "How can you stand all these faggots?"
I say, "It's good money and there are a lot less jerks here than there are at regular clubs. It's not so bad."
He just sits quietly and orders more beer. He stays pretty quiet and doesn't speak to anyone for hours as the place fills up and, for the life of me, I can't figure out what he's still doing there. After a bit he says, "Excuse me. I have to go to the bathroom."
So, he gets up and disappears. I don't see him again after that (which was fine since we don't keep tabs) and figured he probably left. Awhile later, though, my manager comes to me chuckling and says, "Did you see the redneck in the bathroom?"
I was like "No..."
He says, "There's this dude offering blow jobs to every guy that goes in there."
"Jesus."
"Yeah. There he is."
Turns out it was the same guy that was at my bar. He leaves, but the thought struck me the guy was totally gay, but he's acting out in the worst way possible. Now I'm thinking he has to go back to his gay hating family and his gay hating friends and has to pretend he hates gays too or else who knows what they'd do to hm.

Sucks.
Wow, that is sad that he is like that.....but I understand it.

This is why I said that it is time to stop treating them like lepers....and I stand by that comment....

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by smirfs2k05,May 16 2008, 03:00 PM
Man zack first your a racist now your discriminate gays.. tsk tsk

BAN HIM BAN HIM =]
Man, he has two things to not like about you

Originally Posted by S2PIDSTYLE,May 16 2008, 02:59 PM
There is alot of talk about design here when it comes to human beings. As i sit here and think of all the differences that we have when it comes to

Skin color
Hair color
Height
and even F'ing blood type

I dont understand why all the people who believe in "God" cannot believe that "God" makes alot of things and humans different, and that you should be accepting of them all.

Lets not forget about these things to (or does the bible say to turn a blind on on these as well?):
Bible does explicitely state that homosexuality is a sin.

And for the record, I gave several gay friends. Not descriminating against anyone. Just stating my opinion on gay marraige.
Old 05-16-2008, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by Nicotunes,May 16 2008, 02:03 PM
I contend that that is either hypocritical or discriminatory.
It's OK for YOU to be naturally attracted to a particular sex, but not for gays to be.
See my point?
I don't see your point, Mike...

It's neither hypocritical not discriminatory.

Hypocritical is if I say, "you shouldn't lie" and then I go around
lying. Discriminatory is if I say, "I am not going to treat you the
same because you're funny looking" or something. In the end,
I am not all that concerned about HOW homosexuality is
here today, but more on how we as humans deal with it. I don't
think rejecting a person is right, regardless of their beliefs (or
lack thereof), or sexual orientation. I do, however, belief in the
principle of heterosexual families, and I am willing to say that I
don't believe God intended for same-sex marriage to exist.
That's just my belief.

Also, going back to genetic:
I'm commenting on how genes are propagated through procreation
and how genes that are not passed down will die off. It's a biological
statement, and not one of judgment or anything like that.

So, if homosexuality is purely genetic, how is it that there are any left?
Old 05-16-2008, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by Currahee474,May 16 2008, 03:13 PM
Bible does explicitely state that homosexuality is a sin.

And for the record, I gave several gay friends. Not descriminating against anyone. Just stating my opinion on gay marraige.
The Bible was written by MEN with THEIR OWN AGENDAS, both religious and political.

(caps for emphasis, Zack, not anger )
Old 05-16-2008, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by Nicotunes,May 16 2008, 02:54 PM
Ordinarily, no, that is true.

I am not saying being gay is "normal" (whatever that is). I am just saying that I believe they are not gay by choice but by DNA, brain chemical, whatever.

Did they CHOOSE that brain chemical, e.g.? Of course not.

You might as well say that 70% of the population CHOOSES to be lactose intolerant, since they are missing the lactase enzyme.

I was arguing the fact that you were saying they are born that way. I'm saying it could happen after birth, but I don't believe they are BORN gay. Something must have been triggered in the brain after birth. (I'm no scientest though)
Old 05-16-2008, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by hapybrian,May 16 2008, 03:15 PM
I don't see your point, Mike...

It's neither hypocritical not discriminatory.

Hypocritical is if I say, "you shouldn't lie" and then I go around
lying. Discriminatory is if I say, "I am not going to treat you the
same because you're funny looking" or something. In the end,
I am not all that concerned about HOW homosexuality is
here today, but more on how we as humans deal with it. I don't
think rejecting a person is right, regardless of their beliefs (or
lack thereof), or sexual orientation. I do, however, belief in the
principle of heterosexual families, and I am willing to say that I
don't believe God intended for same-sex marriage to exist.
That's just my belief.

Also, going back to genetic:
I'm commenting on how genes are propagated through procreation
and how genes that are not passed down will die off. It's a biological
statement, and not one of judgment or anything like that.

So, if homosexuality is purely genetic, how is it that there are any left?
NOTHING genetic is given to EVERYONE is the family.....ever hear of recessive genes??

What's OK or understandable or acceptable for you is not OK or understandable or acceptable for them....So what do you call that??
Old 05-16-2008, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Currahee474,May 16 2008, 03:19 PM
I was arguing the fact that you were saying they are born that way. I'm saying it could happen after birth, but I don't believe they are BORN gay. Something must have been triggered in the brain after birth. (I'm no scientest though)
I am not a scientist either.....

I was actually saying that they have no CHOICE in the matter. So do you now agree with that possibility??
Old 05-16-2008, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by Nicotunes,May 16 2008, 02:16 PM
The Bible was written by MEN with THEIR OWN AGENDAS, both religious and political.
The Bible may have been PENNED by men, but it was through the Spirit of God that the words were written. The Bible is not a novel, to just be read casually, or have verses plucked out on their own. You have to read it in depth.

I once heard a great analogy, that I think hits home a point about Scripture that I really take to heart.

There are holographs that are created by shining a laser on a surface and etching an image into it. Afterward, if you look at the surface under natural light, you see nothing but the blank surface. Only by shining another laser on the surface are you able to see the image that was originally created. With the Bible, if you merely read with a man's eyes, and a closed heart, you will get nothing but the black outlines of letters, forming words that have no meaning for you. But if you are in a prayerful mode, and the Spirit of God shines on the words you read, then you will get the message God intended for you to see.

Waving your hand with the "written by men" argument, so as to somehow dismiss all Bible believers is not really productive....

Quick Reply: Same Sex Marriage