California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

sad day...another thief going through another soft top...

Old 03-18-2011, 10:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by the s2k dude
if you still owe money on your car.. your insurance will not let you replace with a hardtop. The car will have to be put back to original condition. If its paid off.. the insurance will cut you a check and you can do what you want with it..

if you indeed still have a lienholder and you happen to have a buddy who works/owns a body shop.. you might be able to talk them into putting the money towards the hardtop. if you insurance is strict.. they may ask to see the vehicle to confirm the repair was done right. if you went ahead with the hardtop, then your screwd and the shop will get in trouble.

i actually had the insurance talk to american honda to swap out the front bumper.. they actually gave them the go ahead to swap it out with an aftermarket.

I have AAA.. its the best insurance on the market in my opinion. might be a little more expensive but the benefits and security are more than worth the extra dough. Im my experience.. there hasnt been ANY other insuarnace to beat what I pay for what I have.
Thank you Justin for all the info. Unfortunately there is a lien holder and on top i have a insurance called Safeco not AAA lol. So i guess that check will be cut to me & the shop. I do have a buddy that has a shop but i dont want to risk his business for my hardtop. I guess my only hope is to convince the insurance convince american honda for a hardtop.

I wish this nightmare would be over. They didnt take the seats but they did take my amp but the funny part is they didnt take the subs/box where the amp was mounted. Stole my car manuals, sunglasses, ipod, shift knob, lotion?, wheel lock key, even my medical recommendation and few other stuff

Thanks everyone for your comments.
Old 03-18-2011, 02:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

is there any shops you guys can recommend me for all the insurance work? for soft top and some paint damage on the quarter panel?