California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Red Light Ticket!

Old 01-19-2011, 02:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Red Light Ticket!

my wife recently got a red light ticket and it is EXPENSIVE!!!! $486!!! anyways my bro told me that only bout 25% of the tickets get paid and the reason for that is that they dont issue warrents for those tix...my questios are how true is this?? and what other kind of conquences might come with not paying this ticket?? please enlighten.... thanks
Old 01-19-2011, 02:23 PM

your license can get suspended, you can't renew your vehicle registration with outstanding tickets, failure to appear will be on your record + fine and worst case is they can issue a warrant for your arrest. $486 is alot but if you think about it, having it on your record, along with failure to appear and license suspension is going to mess up your insurance rates, so in the long run your going to be paying alot more...

Friend just got a red light ticket 3 weeks ago in Santa Ana, same cost. He tried to go to court to ask the judge to lower the fee since he was currently unemployed and will be deployed in March. Judge said no and that they offer installment options for payment of the fine if he couldn't pay the full amount.
Old 01-19-2011, 02:37 PM

yeah i was kinda thinking thinking the same thing... thats pretty cool they let ur buddy off with payments...might jus do that if possiable...

my mom got a camera ticket for making a right turn on a red at a "no right turn on red " light... came out to bout same price....she asked for payments and they said NO......watch out for those too!!!
Old 01-19-2011, 03:17 PM
viK

I was told by a academy teacher that u can ask to speak with ur accuser , which I was told they won't fly the person over from the company that runs the red light camera which is based in Arizona so ticket would be thrown out. Forgot which amendment this falls under
Old 01-19-2011, 03:34 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Shouldn't be that hard to get out of this given the right circumstances.

Start here:
Did they send the ticket to YOU or HER? Are you CLEARLY shown in the photo?
Old 01-19-2011, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by viK,Jan 19 2011, 05:17 PM
I was told by a academy teacher that u can ask to speak with ur accuser , which I was told they won't fly the person over from the company that runs the red light camera which is based in Arizona so ticket would be thrown out. Forgot which amendment this falls under
6th.

Nice tactic!
Old 01-19-2011, 06:58 PM

my friend got the same ticket, he did research on it and found that if you go to the city that it was taken in and ask the police department all you need to do is pull there chain a bit. the photos in those tickets are not very clear, what he did was he asked for a clearer photo because many people drive his car his *dad, brothers, freinds. they all drive and he wants to make sure who it was so they can pay it. the officer tried to say oh you dont know who drives at this time etc trying to get it out of him but in the end after 10min he came back and signed off the ticket. There was no video, or clearer photo and they couldn't prove he was the one driving, he drove home with his 400 dollars. I say fight it at the station, going to court is the wrong approach.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:31 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Fight it the right way. I won my case through trial my declaration and a lawyer buddy's actual case file. The deal between the light tracking company and the city is completely illegal. That's the case.

Blurry photos are a maybe. When I got my ticket, it was 100% clear that it was me. The only other person it could have been would be my dad 35 years ago. Vik's case is more similar to the right way to fight it.

Funny how there's been an exponential increase in "I got a red light ticket!" threads since Scary Jerry was elected and California's -$25 Billion bank account became world news. All it takes to increase citations is to change 3.5 seconds for a yellow in a 40mph to 3.0 seconds (CA's legal yellow light minimum for any speed).

Stay informed http://www.highwayrobbery.net
Old 01-19-2011, 10:38 PM

My dad had his picture taken as well, but right before he went through the intersection he pulled down his hat and blocked his face. Then he went to court and asked if they were 100% sure it was him driving and the dropped the ticket lol
Old 01-21-2011, 01:05 PM

well they sent the ticket to me but we got it changed to her name....in the photo its pretty cleat its her....datdude1119 ...LOL thats thinking!!! shes also thinking she doesnt wanna fight it....i say F*** that FIGHT IT!!!

Quick Reply: Red Light Ticket!