California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Questioning My Faith

Old 05-14-2007, 02:33 PM
Community Organizer

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

I still don't understand how some father/paster can marry and have kids, and some can't...

and I still don't understand, that "those who believe in me, shall live forever and ever". Does this mean, you can sin as much as you like, but have the faith in believing in JC and still accend into heaven?

What is Purgatory?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by vonHultgren,May 14 2007, 03:28 PM
I beg to differ.

say that Black is faster because of the heat inversion that is created from the black paint on hot days causes the airstream around the car to be farther than other colors...thus limiting friction =faster car. Therefore making the choice of Berlina is an obvious one. Now on colder days I could see the Silverstone being at least equal.

That is whay there are more Silverstones on the East and Mid-west than say in sun shiny states.

Actually, my good man, this IS on topic in a way.

You are obviously intelligent and scientific, as evidenced by your eloquent, though somewhat misguided, color response.

Could this scientific nature of yours be a cause for the doubts? As I posted, that is what at least contributed to mine......
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by klee1113,May 14 2007, 03:31 PM
i can't believe i didnt say this earlier..

maybe MICHIGAN needs to pray some more when they play USC....

(Sorry I can't help it)

N. Dame needs to pray harder.
Old 05-14-2007, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by klee1113,May 14 2007, 02:31 PM
i can't believe i didnt say this earlier..

maybe MICHIGAN needs to pray some more when they play USC....
Ahhh...now that is just right at the ol' Wolverine sport cup.

I am sure I am going to hear from you on this for the upcoming season.

Old 05-14-2007, 02:35 PM
Community Organizer

Why do some PRAY to Mary, and believes that Mary has POWERS b/c she is a bearer of JC, and some don't see mary as anything magical, but just the mother of JC.

Old 05-14-2007, 02:35 PM

well, I gave my life to Christ at a Billy Graham crusade when I was 10. I didn't really know what I was doing then. My parents are Christians so I grew up going to church. I just accepted things as true.

In college, I began to question my beliefs, could not verify which religion is true, and dropped into a life of hedonism. Few years out of college, I experienced some things that brought me to accept Christ again and repent of my sins. I became a pretty hardcore "Jesus freak" but then after a few years, I did things that made me distance myself in my relationship with God.

Currently, I'm on spiritual holidays. Questions as to if this whole thing is real pop up in my head too. Certain things however, remind me that there is an "Intelligent Designer." And I think, like someone posted before, that when things are good, you kinda forget where you came from and the tendency is to slack.

The talk of commandments reminds of the greatest one, which is love the Lord... and secondly to love your neighbor. I know to do the best thing would be try to build up my relationship with God again, seek Him out, in prayer, praise, etc.

It's been a good topic. I'm surprised to see so many spiritual responses from members here!
Old 05-14-2007, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by Back-cracker,May 14 2007, 03:31 PM
There is a different interpretation for all JC and it's "holy" book.

R. Cats- Confess to the Father
Christian- Confess to directly to JC

That is ONLY 1 example. If there is only 1 JESUS Christ, 1 man, shouldn't the rules to "JC religions" be all the same?

I'm confused.

BC
This is part of the problem for me.....HUMANS!!!!

Each religious group has its own self-serving rules and regs.

Tracey started out Episcopalian, but is now MUCH more into Taoism. She is the one who got me thinking as well.......
Old 05-14-2007, 02:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Back-cracker,May 14 2007, 02:33 PM

(Sorry I can't help it)

they even have a TOUCHDOWN JESUS... BC you need to add that to your list of JC's...
Old 05-14-2007, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by Back-cracker,May 14 2007, 02:33 PM

(Sorry I can't help it)

You too?.......

Man I cannot wait for the upcoming season....hope it is as fun as last years!!!!!
We all had a good time on-line...and stay out of my Wolverine posts that will be coming.

Old 05-14-2007, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by Back-cracker,May 14 2007, 03:33 PM
I still don't understand how some father/paster can marry and have kids, and some can't...

and I still don't understand, that "those who believe in me, shall live forever and ever". Does this mean, you can sin as much as you like, but have the faith in believing in JC and still accend into heaven?

What is Purgatory?
Theoretically, you can sin as much as you like as long as you are truly sorry, go to confession, and say a few prayers........ Can you tell I have trouble with that too??

Purgatory I never could understand.....are they seriously telling us an omniscient, omnipresent God can't decide where we belong so he throws us into Limbo???

Quick Reply: Questioning My Faith