California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Question about HTC Droid Incredible

Old 06-12-2010, 12:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about HTC Droid Incredible

So i've never had a smart phone before. I don't even have txt messaging on my phone and all my friends hate me for it. I never really understood the reason for it and still don't, but people at work are starting to make fun of me...so I guess it's time to get a smart phone if people twice my age are telling me I'm behind the times...

so check it, I went and looked at the phone and it's really hard to pick the right things when browsing or to use the onscreen keyboard for me. My fingers are just too big. Do you think I'll get used to this or I should look at other phones? I was sort of looking forward to finally having a bad ass phone...what do you guys think? Thanks!
Old 06-12-2010, 01:38 AM

Don't get a smart phone if you don't need it. If you don't surf the web or other things internet related no need to pay extra for a data plan you will not be using.
Old 06-12-2010, 01:38 AM

texxt messagging is overrtarted aslso, dont getas tthe smarttphone. i ahave hgaigantic hadsnd too and all dday I acidenitly mashr tooo many keys whwsen i am typping evenm on myt comptuar and its drioves me crazyzz i Tink a sMartphone would make itto wrose
Old 06-12-2010, 01:40 AM

Originally Posted by tedtedted,Jun 12 2010, 02:38 AM
texxt messagging is overrtarted aslso, dont getas tthe smarttphone. i ahave hgaigantic hadsnd too and all dday I acidenitly mashr tooo many keys whwsen i am typping evenm on myt comptuar and its drioves me crazyzz i Tink a sMartphone would make itto wrose
You typing on your smart phone?
Old 06-12-2010, 08:09 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

you are going to end up spending about 30-40 per month for service and 30 for data. if you could live without it, I wouldn't get it. if you have a family line, and your service is 10 bucks a month from a family line, the. it's fine
Old 06-12-2010, 08:37 AM

small fingers ftmfw
Old 06-12-2010, 08:41 AM

If you don't use texting or email or web... you don't need it..

but, if you get one, you'll start using all those things a lot more.

I'm 6'2 and have big hands, I have no problem using my blackberry storm with the touch screen. I've used the incredible at the store and other people's smartphones as well... you get used to typing pretty fast... it's all good just a learning curve
Old 06-12-2010, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by jabbarahm,Jun 12 2010, 12:56 AM
So i've never had a smart phone before. I don't even have txt messaging on my phone and all my friends hate me for it. I never really understood the reason for it and still don't, but people at work are starting to make fun of me...so I guess it's time to get a smart phone if people twice my age are telling me I'm behind the times...

so check it, I went and looked at the phone and it's really hard to pick the right things when browsing or to use the onscreen keyboard for me. My fingers are just too big. Do you think I'll get used to this or I should look at other phones? I was sort of looking forward to finally having a bad ass phone...what do you guys think? Thanks!
You need the Droid from motorola. It has a full keyboard so txting will be easy.

Pm me if you want, i own a Verizon store
Old 06-12-2010, 10:06 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by SOHCmyDOHC,Jun 12 2010, 01:40 AM
You typing on your smart phone?
lol that was great.

to the OP: i was in your position once... i never thought i could justify having unlimited text, unlimited data, but man, once you get started and see the utility of having information at your fingertips... its easy to start depending on it! haha

also, text messaging is very useful when you need to tell someone something really quick/short such as a reminder or to double check on things, very casual way of communication.

as for the big fingers thing... you get used to it. iphones also kinda tailor/calibrate its screens towards its individual users so you may want to check those out too.
Old 06-13-2010, 06:02 AM

Htc evo is gigantic. Probably better for your big hands. Same OS, More or less.

Quick Reply: Question about HTC Droid Incredible