California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Photo Camera red light ticket...

Old 05-21-2009, 10:37 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Photo Camera red light ticket...

So, About 3 weeks ago, I ran a red light (making left turn) and the camera went FLASH

Yep, it was my own wrong doing... I know it, and completely stupid of me.

Anyways, I still haven't gotten anything in the mail. How long does it take? Im thinking I should have gotten it by now since it has been 3 wks.

Also, I have heard in the past that those things cant really hold up in court. Since there was technically no officer making an arrest/ ticket... how can they even prove that the ticket/ documents they sent you even reached me? what if it was "lost in the mail"

Im new to this, so I dont know the protocol.
Old 05-21-2009, 10:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you can fight it, but if you lose you pay double
Old 05-21-2009, 10:46 AM
Banned

WTF? Really thats crap.

How long did it take for you to get your notice in the mail?

Thanks for your response, nonetheless
Old 05-21-2009, 10:49 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you should have it in 2 weeks... but if you didnt get one you probably wont get one.... they probably didnt get a good photo of your face or your license plate....

1. remember if you know your passing through a camera light make sure to cover your face.. (if they cant get your face they wont send you a ticket..)

Old 05-21-2009, 10:58 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by jdmgpw04,May 21 2009, 10:49 AM
you should have it in 2 weeks... but if you didnt get one you probably wont get one.... they probably didnt get a good photo of your face or your license plate....

1. remember if you know your passing through a camera light make sure to cover your face.. (if they cant get your face they wont send you a ticket..)
I heard that the face rule doesn't apply anymore... Since the state is in a bad financial situation, they dont really care. I also heard that if you say someone else was driving your car now, that they dont care about that either, and you will still get fined

I know when it went FLASH , I had my sun visor down and my windows are tinted limo black...

My guess is, that with that combination they might have not gotten a clear shot of my face

Hope your right I heard the ticket is over $300 now, and depending on what speed your going you might even get a speeding ticket too
Old 05-21-2009, 11:01 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I love these cameras..... proven to INCREASE the amount of accidents and generate money.

Mafias do the same thing.
Old 05-21-2009, 11:40 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Eryozgatliyan,May 21 2009, 10:58 AM
I heard that the face rule doesn't apply anymore... Since the state is in a bad financial situation, they dont really care. I also heard that if you say someone else was driving your car now, that they dont care about that either, and you will still get fined

I know when it went FLASH , I had my sun visor down and my windows are tinted limo black...

My guess is, that with that combination they might have not gotten a clear shot of my face

Hope your right I heard the ticket is over $300 now, and depending on what speed your going you might even get a speeding ticket too
no thats not true. if the license or face is not clear enough for them they cant give you a ticket..... so just hope that they didnt get you...

btw you might want to find out. theres a website you can check if you got a ticket or not. sorry im not sure the WWW.

and yea the ticket is at $380 depending on your location....
Old 05-21-2009, 11:57 AM

Dealer paper plates FTMW...!

toHn
Old 05-21-2009, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. Eryozgatliyan,May 21 2009, 10:46 AM
WTF? Really thats crap.

How long did it take for you to get your notice in the mail?

Thanks for your response, nonetheless
yeah it is crap, took about a week to get the ticket in the mail. my uncle is the one that tried to fight it in court, he got flashed for rolling right turn. judge told him that if he lost the case the fine would be doubled.

good luck!

oh and on the face thing, it doesn't matter, the ticket is sent to the registered owner of the car. then the owner has an option of paying it off himself or passing it over to whoever's face is on the picture, for example...i was using my dad's camry when it happened so he signed it off to me and i pay for ticket.
Old 05-21-2009, 12:09 PM

http://lasuperiorcourt.org/Traffic/index.asp?RT=EX

Click the link in the 2nd paragraph and search by DL. Tickets appear there within 21 days.

Quick Reply: Photo Camera red light ticket...