California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

payment from overseas for an item

Old 07-14-2008, 11:10 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well they will have your bank account number, but without your social security number i don't really know what they can do. many companies that do international business publicy post their bank information on their websites. for example the jdm companies that i buy from, you can go onto their website and see their bank name, branch, account number and swift code. i have yet to run into a case of fraud and have not heard of it as well. is it possible, i'm certain it is somehow...but highly unlikely imo. if you are concerned i would speak directly to your bank and see what their security policy is and what is needed to access your account outside of your bank account number.
Old 07-14-2008, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by silver j,Jul 14 2008, 11:10 AM
well they will have your bank account number, but without your social security number i don't really know what they can do. many companies that do international business publicy post their bank information on their websites. for example the jdm companies that i buy from, you can go onto their website and see their bank name, branch, account number and swift code. i have yet to run into a case of fraud and have not heard of it as well. is it possible, i'm certain it is somehow...but highly unlikely imo. if you are concerned i would speak directly to your bank and see what their security policy is and what is needed to access your account outside of your bank account number.
cool thanks!
Old 07-14-2008, 11:41 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by silver j,Jul 14 2008, 12:10 PM
Never give anyone your bank account number. Not going to post why on a public forum. Different for corporations such as the exporters another poster commented on because they can setup their accounts differently.
Old 07-14-2008, 11:43 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Get a Bank Check drafted in U.S. Dollars. The check should be drawn on a recognizable Australian bank. Then wait at least 5 business days for the check to clear. You can call your bank to see when it actually clears.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by carrera4,Jul 14 2008, 11:43 AM
Get a Bank Check drafted in U.S. Dollars. The check should be drawn on a recognizable Australian bank. Then wait at least 5 business days for the check to clear. You can call your bank to see when it actually clears.
Thanks! this is the route I've chosen to take.
Old 07-15-2008, 01:22 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by carrera4,Jul 14 2008, 12:41 PM
Never give anyone your bank account number. Not going to post why on a public forum. Different for corporations such as the exporters another poster commented on because they can setup their accounts differently.
can you pm me the reasoning? i'm just curious for my own information.