California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Parking Violations!

Old 03-13-2008, 03:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got a no front license plate while my car sat in a Metrolink (communter train) parking lot.
And my car was covered.

Dumb-arse meter-maid must have lifted the cover, placed the ticket and put the cover back on. I didn't even see it till I got back in my car to drive off.

What kind of world do we live in when a person who is using public transportation with his car parked under a car cover gets a ticket.
Old 03-13-2008, 03:36 PM
AP2

two in the same morning :eee3: sorry to hear
Old 03-13-2008, 03:36 PM

with parking violations I believe you can just pay the fine for no front plate instead of getting it corrected.

it's like 10 bucks if you fix it and get it signed off, or 30ish if you just pay it. I paid the 30 cause I'm lazy.
Old 03-13-2008, 03:38 PM

I got three of these an all need to be corrected.

It was no problem though, I just would back it into a spot where the cop at the front desk could see it and they would just look out the door and sign it without getting up.

The cops always appreciated that one.
Old 03-13-2008, 03:42 PM

do you guys know where i can go to get this correction for glendale and los angeles county? i dont want to pay the entire $65
Old 03-13-2008, 04:15 PM

I got a parking ticket about a week ago and it was the biggest BS.
I got to the parking spot and when I went to the meter to put in some coins, it was out of order (I took a real good look to make sure that it was). So I just left and went to get some food from across the street.
While I was sitting down having my food, I saw that a meter maid was standing next to my car writing a ticket. I got out there and asked her why she's writing me a ticket since the meter is broke.
She told me that it's not broke so I took another look at it and it was working!!!
I swear that it said error and the light was blinking when I got there.
The meter must have reset itself or something.
BS
Old 03-13-2008, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by TailSlide,Mar 13 2008, 04:15 PM
I got to the parking spot and when I went to the meter to put in some coins, it was out of order (I took a real good look to make sure that it was). So I just left and went to get some food from across the street.
While I was sitting down having my food, I saw that a meter maid was standing next to my car writing a ticket. I got out there and asked her why she's writing me a ticket since the meter is broke.
She told me that it's not broke so I took another look at it and it was working!!!
BS
Correct me if Im wrong but I believe its illegal to park at a meter thats broken.
Old 03-13-2008, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by TailSlide,Mar 13 2008, 04:15 PM
BS
I live in downtown LA and that always happens either the bums come by clearing the jam which fixes the "FAIL" ...ive gotten more then 5 tickets for the same reason. Ive gotten over 15 tickets living in downtown in 6months i hate both bums and meter maids with a passion.

and its not illegal to park on a broken meter you are just responsible to cover it up notifying them its broken well thats what the meter maid told me.

o yea and you can also fight the ticket if it the first one you ever disputed then 99.9% chance you will win but the second one i highly doubt you will win on that one...
Old 03-13-2008, 05:21 PM

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Eryozgatliyan,Mar 13 2008, 02:57 PM
I got a parking violation once, as I was looking at it the meter maid drove up and asked me if it was my car. I said yes, then he took the ticket away and said have a nice day.

I was so happy that day, it made me think that meter maids are not as bad as people make them out to be.

Anyways, the following year, I go to pay my registration and come to find out the meter maid never voided it and it quadrupled
this is hilarious.

sorry to hear. i would sued them in small claims court.
Old 03-14-2008, 09:15 AM

ya I loved how my S looked w/o a front plate. After hearing alot about people getting busted for this, I chose to put on a custom plate

Quick Reply: Parking Violations!