California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Organizing group to go to Fast Lane Racing School

Old 01-11-2010, 06:03 PM

Received 207 Likes on 108 Posts
Default Organizing group to go to Fast Lane Racing School

Hi all.

I am organizing a group to attend the Fast Lane Racing School Two Day Performance Driving course on February 13-14. For a group of 5 or more, we get a discount of 10%. If we get a big enough group, I can likely negotiate a better discount. You can drive one of the school cars (the ones they use for the Pro/Celebrity race at the Long Beach Grand Prix) or your own. You can also choose to use the school car most of the course and take your own out for one or two sessions (providing it passes tech inspection). This two day class utilizes the Streets of Willow which is a tight, challenging course and will seriously test your ability to handle your car. Some of the skills you will learn will be proper line through a corner, threshold braking, heel and toe downshifting, vehicle dynamics and the impact of weight transfer on the handling of your car, as well as throttle steering. Oh, and on the skid pad they teach you how to do bootleg turns and lots of fun stuff too. Wanna get into a four wheel drift without risking serious damage to life, limb, and vehicle? This is the place to try it.

Our deadline to commit is January 23. Please PM so I can make arrangements with Fast Lane. You will be paying Fast Lane directly, but I am organizing the group so we get a good discount for signing up together. Fast Lane has offered to provide our group with a special direct link for payment on their site once we have our numbers solidified.

If you are unfamiliar with Fast Lane, here is their web site. http://raceschool.com They know what they are doing and put a big emphasis on seat time on the track. If you are worried you don't know enough to take this course, do not worry! They teach you what you need to know on Day 1. It's a great, cost effective alternative to places like Bondurant school or the like. And you don't even need to drive to Phoenix!

So bring your S or drive the school cars. Either way! Have a blast and celebrate the New Year right!

It's 2010: Drive it like you mean it!

Executive Summary:
Who: You!
What: FastLane Racing School 2 Day course either in your car or theirs. www.raceschool.com
When: Saturday, February 13 Thru Sunday, February 14
Where: Willow Springs Raceway in scenic Rosamond, CA (Lancaster)
How: Balls out fast.
How much: $1695 (school car) or $950 (your car). We get a 10% group discount for 5 or more attendees!
Why: Why the heck not????

PM me or post here by January 23 if you are seriously interested.

Disclaimer: I am not in any way associated with the Fast Lane School. I'm just a fellow S owner (and I'm going to Homecoming!!) with an interest in getting some track time with like-minded enthusiasts. I have attended Fast Lane previously and highly recommend their courses.
Old 01-11-2010, 09:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

these are a lot of fun... too bad i have a lot of money i have to spend these next 2 months..
Old 01-11-2010, 10:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wish I had the $ for this
Old 01-11-2010, 10:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd totally take this over Urasawa
Old 01-11-2010, 10:07 PM

So that's what all those celicas were there for last time I went to willow springs. I was wondering why they had like 30+ race car looking celicas all parked together not being used.
Old 01-11-2010, 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by Whitefire818,Jan 11 2010, 11:07 PM
So that's what all those celicas were there for last time I went to willow springs. I was wondering why they had like 30+ race car looking celicas all parked together not being used.
they are used for other things like pacecars and whatnot...

i actually learned how to drive in one of those cars when i was 12.
Old 01-12-2010, 04:03 AM

damn, if i didnt just get into a house id be all over this...
Old 01-12-2010, 12:15 PM

Would make a great valentine's day gift!
Old 01-12-2010, 01:16 PM

Yes, it *would* make a great Valentine's Day gift, wouldn't it?

I've had a few requests about where I got my prices from. I realize the Fast Lane web site seems to have some conflicting info.

I got the prices I listed from the 2010 schedule PDF found here:
http://raceschool.com/documents/FASTLANE20...ule12-15-09.pdf

But this has prompted me to send a confirmation email to Fast Lane just to make sure I haven't made any mistakes. If I have made a mistake and the prices are different, I'll post an update here.
Old 01-12-2010, 02:15 PM

Well.... this is interesting! If anyone out there is still sitting the fence, perhaps you should think again.

Someone had brought to my attention the numbers I was quoting were different from what was on the Fast Lane web site. So I doublechecked, and sure enough, they had conflicting information on the Fast Lane site. I had been working from a PDF that, although it listed the 2010 schedule, it apparently still had 2009 pricing on it and I never noticed.

After emailing Fast Lane and discussing the situation, they have said they will honor the following prices just for us for the 2 Day High Performance Course:

$1695 if using the school cars
$990 in your own car
AND we still get the 10% discount for 5 or more attendees.

Now, folks, they normally charge 1795 for the course in the school cars!! So if we have 5 or more people, the cost of the course will be $269 less than if you just went on your own. That's a very good deal and worth thinking twice about.

Quick Reply: Organizing group to go to Fast Lane Racing School