California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

OMG! carnegie ins sucks

Old 06-26-2007, 04:13 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by edirtaynine,Jun 26 2007, 04:11 PM
i understand what you mean, but at the same time, honestly, that was uncalled for.

on a side related note, one of my customers got side swiped by a car with 3 hispanic gangsters. it was their fault because they crossed over into his lane (from the opposite direction). they jumped him in the middle of the street and the cops came. the cops then proceeded to arrest everybody, including my customer. . those guys had no licenses, registrations, insurance.
WOW, are you serious? that bites big time. You get your property ruined, and embarrassed in the street for their fault.
Old 06-26-2007, 04:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SS2000GT,Jun 26 2007, 04:13 PM
WOW, are you serious? that bites big time. You get your property ruined, and embarrassed in the street for their fault.
yeah i didnt get it either. i couldnt see the point/purpose of having to arrest BOTH parties and impound BOTH cars.... the accident happened around 2am on a small two lane street, so there werent really anybody around i guess (other than the residents on that street). my customer doesnt speak english that well either, so maybe that contributed to the situation somehow?
Old 06-26-2007, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by edirtaynine,Jun 26 2007, 03:53 PM
your explanation confuses me.

how much is your deductible?

what are his coverage limits for property damage liability? CA state minimum is $5,000 for property damage. is your damage estimate over that? if it is, your two choices are to make a claim under your Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist property damage coverage OR take that guy to a small claims court (which will probably not be worth the time and effort).

rental car coverage, if being covered by the other party's insurance does come out of their Property Damage liability coverage... so yeah, in theory, it is true that if you try and take out a more expensive rental car, you're reducing the amount of coverage available from their Property Damage limits.

if youre making a claim through your own insurance, in order for them to try and get reimbursement money from the other party, your damages have to come out to more than your deductible. that way your ins.co. will pay the extra difference to you and try to get their money back from the other party's ins.co AND as well as your deductible. if it comes out to less than your deductible, unfortunately YOU have to then pay it first and send that bill to the other party's ins.co and wait for them to pay you back.

make sense?
well if it is at his fault i would rather make a claim to his insurance and that is what i did

i just dont like the fact that my insurance knows about the accident that i didnt cause at my fault even though they require you to do so...
Old 06-26-2007, 04:33 PM

first, you need to hire shaddy korean lawyer.

second, take your car to your preferred bodyshop & have them fix your vehicle under your insurance policy.
your vehicle will be repaired using your insurance policy without a penny out of your pucket.

third, make an appointment to chiropractor thru your lawyer. they'll set you up w/ some shaddy place to get some massage.

in the end, your lawyer will get you some $$$ to spend on your s2k.
Old 06-26-2007, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by Ooalloems2koO,Jun 26 2007, 04:29 PM
well if it is at his fault i would rather make a claim to his insurance and that is what i did

i just dont like the fact that my insurance knows about the accident that i didnt cause at my fault even though they require you to do so...
if it is his fault, then you did right by making a claim against his insurance company...but like i explained before, if he has insufficient coverage, that's whats going to happen.

i dont fully understand your last sentence. you dont like the fact that your insurance company knows about the accident? or you dont like the fact that who requires you to do so? (and do so what?)

just FYI, even if it's not your fault in an accident, it is always safe/better to let your own insurance company to know about the accident. that way, your insurance company will have documentation to provide proof that they deemed the accident as not your fault instead of an "undetermined" fault accident..... which by default becomes YOUR fault.

you want a new insurance agent?
Old 06-26-2007, 04:51 PM

btw, was your (baby)mugen exhaust damaged from the accident?
Old 06-26-2007, 04:55 PM

btw, if you want an attorney, let me know. i'll hook you up with some of the personal injury lawyers that i work with.
Old 06-26-2007, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by Ooalloems2koO,Jun 26 2007, 04:58 PM
im not racist or anything but i hate those wet backs just driving unsafe vehicle with minimum liability coverage plus they drunk drive

and they hit and run!!!

WHAT IS ON THEIR PHOCKING MIND???
It sounded like a racist F*#&ing comment to me!
Old 06-26-2007, 06:22 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have some nightmare stories about uninsured illegal aliens. I won't make any reference to race though.

My impression is that CA is a no-fault state for insurance purposes. You report it to your insurance company and they work it out with the other insurance company, in court if need be. Could be wrong.
Old 06-26-2007, 07:18 PM

I like pepperoni pizza!

Quick Reply: OMG! carnegie ins sucks