California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

ok i need ya'll's opinion on something

Old 09-24-2007, 10:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

can't you just find out the impound fees, add a little $$ for your time, and tell him to give you the money up front?

i wouldn't want that to keep that car, karmas will catch up to you sooner or later
Old 09-24-2007, 11:20 PM

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by kikicha,Sep 25 2007, 06:46 AM
can't you just find out the impound fees, add a little $$ for your time, and tell him to give you the money up front?

i wouldn't want that to keep that car, karmas will catch up to you sooner or later

Get your money up front in cash, cashier's check, or money order and give them their car. But this time, let them know that they must finish changing the title.

If they don't like it, pay the fees yourself, sell everything until the car is back to stock and sell the car and put that money into your S pronto!!!

GL with everything.
Old 09-25-2007, 05:33 AM

money plus some extra coin from you "friends" who want the car back up front.
Old 09-25-2007, 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by jyeung528,Sep 24 2007, 09:54 PM
i don't see what all the fuss is about.

the car isn't yours.

if you get it out...it still isn't yours.

your dilemna is racking up daily impound fees that you're liable for.

so what you do is get the expenses paid in full by the new owner...get the car out...give the car to the rightful owner...fill out your release of liability...and be on your way.
Let me ask you this. You say this is so easy right but look at a few of the facts

I traded the car to person A

Person A traded the car to god knows who

God knows who happened to trade the car to a person i knew back in the day

I AN I ALONE DID ALL THE LEG WORK TO FIND ALL THIS OUT AND CONTACT THE NOW "OWNER" (remember no paperwork shows anyone is the owner but me)

So he is lucky i even decided to do anything or he would be without the car.

Yer quick to flame but if you were in the same situation you probably would have done nothing about it.

And if i hear one more person bring up the release of liability issue again im gonna f'in punch the screen. Im gonna assume every single one of us in here has done something that in hindsight wasnt the perfect way to do it when dealing with a friend. And if you say you havent yer a damn liar and your opinion matters for shit
Old 09-25-2007, 07:23 AM

One more thing as well....no one is sayin anything about the lack of responsibility on any of them to not have the car put into there names, whick would have taken me right out of the loop for all of this.

I deserve to go through a little trouble for my not turning in the release of liability....they deserve something for not switching to there name
Old 09-25-2007, 07:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I say do the right thing, get the car out for the guy and have him cover the impound fees. The car is still legally yours, but I would feel wrong taking the car back and selling it or parting it out. Seems like those guys put alot of time into prepping the car and probably didnt want to register it till it was ready. That is their fault 100% but you should understand as a tuner yourself. I have had cars where I bought and transferred the title directly to someone else, cause I was flipping the car, and thought it to be pointless to have to pay double fees.

All in all do the right thing, do what you would want done to you. I am sure if you were in his position you would want the car back. I know I would.
Old 09-25-2007, 07:36 AM
Community Organizer

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Partshelper,Sep 25 2007, 08:27 AM
I say do the right thing, get the car out for the guy and have him cover the impound fees. The car is still legally yours, but I would feel wrong taking the car back and selling it or parting it out. Seems like those guys put alot of time into prepping the car and probably didnt want to register it till it was ready. That is their fault 100% but you should understand as a tuner yourself. I have had cars where I bought and transferred the title directly to someone else, cause I was flipping the car, and thought it to be pointless to have to pay double fees.

All in all do the right thing, do what you would want done to you. I am sure if you were in his position you would want the car back. I know I would.
Old 09-25-2007, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by jyeung528,Sep 24 2007, 09:54 PM
i don't see what all the fuss is about.

the car isn't yours.

if you get it out...it still isn't yours.

your dilemna is racking up daily impound fees that you're liable for.

so what you do is get the expenses paid in full by the new owner...get the car out...give the car to the rightful owner...fill out your release of liability...and be on your way.

Oh here comes that screen punch
Your askig the same question and based on what i have read everyone is telling you to do the right thing What else is there to go by? It almost seems as though your trying to come up on your old whip and trying to get us to tell you it's ok to do that! Somebody built that car and spent alot of time on it and i don't think it would be fair to take that all away by being shady over the situation. I'm not implying your a bad person, but think about it as if you were in this situation with your s2k and i was the orignial seller.

btw. if you have to pay anything get the money upfront don't pay for it out of your own wallet
Old 09-25-2007, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by Partshelper,Sep 25 2007, 07:27 AM

Well put.

If you look at this from start to finish, I was never in the "KEEP IT AND F THOSE GUYS" mode. I came here asking ya'll's advice and always explored the option. I did all the leg work to find all this stuff out as well. I'm not looking for commendation for any of this, im just sharin the goins ons. I mean truthfully, im sure that at least 15% of the guys here would have done nothing and taken the car out, parted it and been done (90% if this were honda tech). I know what the right thing is, but my feelings are that the other people involved may not know what the right thing is on their end. Thats where the hesitation comes into play. I dont want or need to be screwed here for trying to do "the right thing". It happens far to often in situations like this
Old 09-25-2007, 07:55 AM

I agree with Parts Helper he worded it a lot better than me

Good Luck

Quick Reply: ok i need ya'll's opinion on something