California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

★☆The Official SoCal Last Minute Meet Thread☆★

Old 08-19-2008, 03:57 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by innovation,Aug 19 2008, 04:54 PM
work sucks either way. everybody can say they "like" work but who's gonna be truthful and say they are 100% working and not slacking off. you can either like or dislike your job but 1 thing always remains in your head, money.
Untrue... If the people are good to me, I'm not the least bit greedy. Even here, they WERE good to me, and I remained under paid. That's a habit I have to break, but I'm too nice about things like that. I slack when I'm not happy. I've had a few gigs where I didn't slack at all, and it rewarded me well.

For what I did do for this company at one point, I didn't ask for much compensation at all, and did shows and meetings off the companies time. Money is not my motivating factor. Only reason money has importance to me is because the world runs that way, but goal for me is hapiness and content.
Old 08-19-2008, 03:59 PM

[QUOTE=Wongawa,Aug 19 2008, 04:56 PM] I hope everything works out for you!
Old 08-19-2008, 03:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by innovation,Aug 19 2008, 03:44 PM
jack ... yeah i'm going tomorrow in the morning. i should of booked afternoon. i forgot the stupid LA traffic going down there
If your appointment was in the afternoon I would have stopped by and said hi. I take my niece to lunch during the week and drive her to cheerleading practice. I hang out at Westend for hours sometime and talk to Darin.
Old 08-19-2008, 04:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by -GunShow-,Aug 19 2008, 04:57 PM
If the people are good to me, I'm not the least bit greedy. Even here, they WERE good to me, and I remained under paid.
only reason why i started slacking. i'm just sour from a stupid corporate thing

jay-dizzle knows what i'm talking about
Old 08-19-2008, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by -GunShow-,Aug 19 2008, 03:47 PM
That's what I'm hoping for

I was waiting for them to get rid of me, and didn't know why it took this long. This way, I can leave and there's nobody getting rid of anybody. I still look clean on paper. I would wake up, and I'd always be exhausted and moody. I just hated waking up knowing I had to go to work, and it was only 2 days a week Now to relax, take care of some projects, and look for something more enjoyable.
Had that same feeling of waking up all MOODY and PISSED everyday x 5 days. Im like T-FACE INFINITY AND BEYOND...

Goodluck with everything Sak Sak and you should have no problem getting another job since your a people person
Old 08-19-2008, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by innovation,Aug 19 2008, 03:54 PM
work sucks either way. everybody can say they "like" work but who's gonna be truthful and say they are 100% working and not slacking off. you can either like or dislike your job but 1 thing always remains in your head, money.
I hear what you're saying Kenny and there is nothing wrong with making money (I used to see life that way). But now I realize that everything is relative, the more you make the more you tend to spend on life. I do enjoy working and being productive and trust me, I wouldn't work if I didn't have to. I can think of other things that I would rather do but I see it as I work so I can play. Any work situation is going to be what you make of it but sometimes you can get beat down so much that there is almost no way you can tolerate your situation any longer and that was what happened to me after putting up with it for 16 years. I now realize that I enjoy quality of life more than the pursuit of money and I am going to adjust my life to accomplish this.
Old 08-19-2008, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by Wongawa,Aug 19 2008, 05:07 PM
I hear what you're saying Kenny and there is nothing wrong with making money (I used to see life that way). But now I realize that everything is relative, the more you make the more you tend to spend on life. I do enjoy working and being productive and trust me, I wouldn't work if I didn't have to. I can think of other things that I would rather do but I see it as I work so I can play. Any work situation is going to be what you make of it but sometimes you can get beat down so much that there is almost no way you can tolerate your situation any longer and that was what happened to me after putting up with it for 16 years. I now realize that I enjoy quality of life more than the pursuit of money and I am going to adjust my life to accomplish this.

*wake up, go to work, go home, dinner, sleep* on repeat mode
Old 08-19-2008, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by innovation,Aug 19 2008, 04:11 PM

*wake up, go to work, go home, dinner, sleep* on repeat mode
I totally know that feeling...
Old 08-19-2008, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by innovation,Aug 19 2008, 05:01 PM
only reason why i started slacking. i'm just sour from a stupid corporate thing

jay-dizzle knows what i'm talking about
Why'd you think I quit Cingular and Best Buy. Best Buy called us "Cancers of the company" and with Cingular; its fun listening to 5 different managers.

So far I'm happy so far with the management at my job right now. Now my quality of work will be shown and not ignored.

mi dengs
Old 08-19-2008, 04:20 PM

I hear you on the corporate thing Kenny, and that's similar to my situation. I lost a lot of say in my side of the company, and don't like taking direction that leads to nowhere. Without being able to be creative, and having the right tools, I'd rather do without it.

Thanks sak sak, i'll find something

I'm also seeing things like you Jack. You can find things to do in life that make you happy. Money is not the same for me, like it was from 18-25. I was beating myself up making more money than I could spend the right way. I blew it on dumb things, and realized that I did all that and partied as an outlet for my depressing state. Now, I want to do something I can look forward to.

Quick Reply: ★☆The Official SoCal Last Minute Meet Thread☆★