California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Official: Mexican cartels use money, sex to bribe U.S. border agents

Old 06-10-2011, 03:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 05TurboS2k
Originally Posted by mrjulius' timestamp='1307747243' post='20670914
[quote name='05TurboS2k' timestamp='1307746810' post='20670898']
[quote name='mrjulius' timestamp='1307746222' post='20670871']
I guess the reason why I posted this is because I feel like this just encompasses and illustrates why the "fight" against illegal immigration is so futile.

The government makes something illegal and people find a loophole somewhere. People find a way to get what they want if they try hard enough, be it drugs or guns or immigration.

Build a fence, and people will climb under it, over it, around it, whatever.

So when a corrupt cop is found we should just stop having all police and let crimes happen?

Expected a bit more of ya here man....
I'm saying you should not be surprised that we don't have this issue wrapped up and pouring money in is just a waste. Same with the war on drugs. Total waste of time.
[/quote]

Fair enough, though only a waste of time when you half-ass something. It's just like wars that aren't real wars. Either fight it and really do something or just forget about it all together.
[/quote]

You think we're not really trying to fight drugs?

The U.S. federal government spent over $15 billion dollars in 2010 on the War on Drugs, at a rate of about $500 per second.

Source: Office of National Drug Control Policy

State and local governments spent at least another 25 billion dollars.

Source: Jeffrey A. Miron & Kathrine Waldock: "The Budgetary Impact of Drug Prohibition," 2010.

That's a truckload of money that could be used shoring up a lot of inefficiencies or inadequacies in our country.

People will find a way to buy drugs. It's just a fact. I don't see you complaining about it, but I see you complaining about the implications of illegal immigration.

Old 06-10-2011, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by Italia
Somewhere out there, theres a bunch of peeps going "cash, drugs, sex AND getting salary to do it?? where do I sign up?!?!?" LOL
Exactly. I'm trying to find the application online right now.
Old 06-10-2011, 03:35 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mrjulius
Originally Posted by 05TurboS2k' timestamp='1307747929' post='20670935
[quote name='mrjulius' timestamp='1307747243' post='20670914']
[quote name='05TurboS2k' timestamp='1307746810' post='20670898']
[quote name='mrjulius' timestamp='1307746222' post='20670871']
I guess the reason why I posted this is because I feel like this just encompasses and illustrates why the "fight" against illegal immigration is so futile.

The government makes something illegal and people find a loophole somewhere. People find a way to get what they want if they try hard enough, be it drugs or guns or immigration.

So when a corrupt cop is found we should just stop having all police and let crimes happen?

Expected a bit more of ya here man....
I'm saying you should not be surprised that we don't have this issue wrapped up and pouring money in is just a waste. Same with the war on drugs. Total waste of time.
[/quote]

Fair enough, though only a waste of time when you half-ass something. It's just like wars that aren't real wars. Either fight it and really do something or just forget about it all together.
[/quote]

You think we're not really trying to fight drugs?

The U.S. federal government spent over $15 billion dollars in 2010 on the War on Drugs, at a rate of about $500 per second.

Source: Office of National Drug Control Policy

State and local governments spent at least another 25 billion dollars.

Source: Jeffrey A. Miron & Kathrine Waldock: "The Budgetary Impact of Drug Prohibition," 2010.

That's a truckload of money that could be used shoring up a lot of inefficiencies or inadequacies in our country.

People will find a way to buy drugs. It's just a fact. I don't see you complaining about it, but I see you complaining about the implications of illegal immigration.

[/quote]

We're sure as hell not really trying to fight illegal immigrants. Drugs yes. I'd love a big drug crack down as well but the drugs don't do the damage illegals do. They don't burden in the same manner, not even close.

Example, Marijuana, it's legalization is being considered even, really the dollars spent are in preventing it from existing not in the damage done by the drug itself. Illegal immigrants are another story.
Old 06-10-2011, 03:40 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If boarder patrol worked like the DEA does on big busts here something would get done in terms of drugs. I'm sorry it's not THAT hard to keep people and drugs out. It's a matter of better check and balance on corrupt people etc. Physically keeping it out isn't that hard. The tunnels etc also can far more easily be found. There's a few amazing ones but they're not THAT common and generally they're pretty short and VERY easily found with dogs etc.
Old 06-11-2011, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by mrjulius

Yeah, but if you build that fence two feet tall with holes under it and half ass it, of course people will abuse. If you build the fence out of steel with electric current running through it, land mines on the other side, and snipers everywhere, people are less likely to abuse..
Old 06-11-2011, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by 05TurboS2k
If boarder patrol worked like the DEA does on big busts here something would get done in terms of drugs. I'm sorry it's not THAT hard to keep people and drugs out. It's a matter of better check and balance on corrupt people etc. Physically keeping it out isn't that hard. The tunnels etc also can far more easily be found. There's a few amazing ones but they're not THAT common and generally they're pretty short and VERY easily found with dogs etc.
When you dont even POLYGRAPH applicants directly associated with letting illegal aliens and drugs in, it shows you dont really care or are half assing it. It will be implemented later, but until then, abuse will be rampant. Also, they can polygraph all they want, if they dont ask the correct questions it wont matter anyways. "What color is the sky???"
Old 06-11-2011, 10:21 AM

Physically keeping it out isn't that hard. The tunnels etc also can far more easily be found. There's a few amazing ones but they're not THAT common and generally they're pretty short and VERY easily found with dogs etc.
[/quote]

tunnels are the least of their worries
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narco_submarine
Old 06-11-2011, 11:52 AM

We're all illegals to some extent. Maybe we should all go back to fatherlands and get this country back to whatever indians are still left.

The only difference between us and those that are still trying to make it over the boarder is that OUR group is in power. Survivial is about power. Citizens are part of the IN group so they share power. The only thing that keeps us part of the IN group is some paperwork.
Old 06-12-2011, 06:56 AM

I bet if I started a thread titled " I got a ticket for texting while driving"
05turbos2k would manage to turn it into a convo about illegal immigration,
Lmao , just saying
Old 06-12-2011, 07:03 AM

Supply and demand lol,
This about drugs ,not imagrants greg lol,
As long as us "americans" have a demand for drugs, countries like mexico will be more then willing to supply,.we're the reason this is a big problem. not other countries.,excuse my grammer im typing while driving lol

Quick Reply: Official: Mexican cartels use money, sex to bribe U.S. border agents