California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Nisei Car Show Pictures

Old 08-17-2009, 02:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

damn what a dushe. next time hide a razor under your quarter panel so people like that will cut their finger
Old 08-17-2009, 02:13 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

haha here's one guy

I realize and understand why people feel the need to do that but I have had perfect fenders on a previous car until I took it to a meet and so many people had to try and jam their fingers between it and the tire that by the time I left, I had a chip of paint missing.

Still, it didn't bother me as much as the Filipino auntie that opened my car door and tried to sit inside as if it was the LA Auto Show.
Old 08-17-2009, 09:51 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by alexisthemovie,Aug 17 2009, 02:13 AM
Still, it didn't bother me as much as the Filipino auntie that opened my car door and tried to sit inside as if it was the LA Auto Show.
DUDEE......I REMEMBER THAT. that was UNCALLED FOR.

what was she thinking??
Old 08-17-2009, 10:11 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by alexisthemovie,Aug 17 2009, 01:57 AM
he wanted to see under my hood and in my trunk and i was like ... i haven't gotten to those areas yet and the guy said "we still need to see under your hood, please pop it for me"

I guess it irritated me since I was hot and tired and my hood is a bitch to close. Then he goes to the back of my car and tries to stick his finger between the quarter panel and tire. His fingers get dirty (tire shine) and he asks if the car is on air bags or if I lowered it once I got there. I told him no and that it doesn't rub while driving and he just said "sure" and gave me a look as if he didn't believe me haha.

It doesn't bother me too much though, I was just there to have fun.
Damn wtf? Why would they want to look in the trunk anyways? If they would've made me pop my trunk they would've seen all my dirty detailing rags and bottles of water.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by Lummie,Aug 17 2009, 11:11 AM
Damn wtf? Why would they want to look in the trunk anyways? If they would've made me pop my trunk they would've seen all my dirty detailing rags and bottles of water.
Show's are judged from exterior, engine mods/cleanliness, and ICE (In Car Entertainment) as well as cleanliness. The want to make sure you get or don't get the points you should. Some guys are cool and will just be like, "ok you got no mods back there?" and leave it at that. Some will be SUPER picky and ask you to pop it anyways. IMO, it's not like you're telling him you have a sick sound system you don't want to show.

The wheel well check for cleanliness started roughly almost a decade ago. The problem with that is even when they check, their fingers get dirty from tire dress, or whatever was used to make the well shiny. DUB shows started checking the rim from the back too. Kind of hard to get full points when you drove the car there Unless you take a ton of time on prep like Tommy.
Old 08-17-2009, 11:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by alexisthemovie,Aug 17 2009, 01:57 AM
he wanted to see under my hood and in my trunk and i was like ... i haven't gotten to those areas yet and the guy said "we still need to see under your hood, please pop it for me"

I guess it irritated me since I was hot and tired and my hood is a bitch to close. Then he goes to the back of my car and tries to stick his finger between the quarter panel and tire. His fingers get dirty (tire shine) and he asks if the car is on air bags or if I lowered it once I got there. I told him no and that it doesn't rub while driving and he just said "sure" and gave me a look as if he didn't believe me haha.

It doesn't bother me too much though, I was just there to have fun.
hahaha i was standing right there when this happened. got a quick laugh
Old 08-17-2009, 11:11 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ap2 jared,Aug 16 2009, 04:18 PM
some of the s2ki crowd seems so close minded to other cars except the s2k itself or an nsx....seems that if it aint a s2k or nsx...theres no appreciation..unless its some "high-end" type car

like alex said. most of the cars presented had very detailed builds, if u appreciate detail and the amount of hard work...you MIGHT have a different opinion.

i can definitely appreciate a car with a bluebook value of 2grand with a great twist in race parts and custom paint. then admiring a stock s2k with a carbon fiber hood.

to each either own...
Super well polished turds.

I'm a old muscle fan, I like X's `64 and I've bult a father son 427 Shelby Cobra replica from scratch. Also down for a 85 rock crawling truck, still a turd is a turd.

It's not that I don't appreciate it but to have it at a show, to show what? How much time can be dumped into something that still accomplishes nothing? I see no point I guess. I'm a function>form kinda guy, the 240 home built race car that guy did (thread on s2ki) was AWESOME. These cars just.... aren't, with some exceptions.

-Greg
Old 08-17-2009, 11:17 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

O I should mention, the valve cover done up as a map is pretty gangster. I have a hard time appreciating it fully perhaps I'm too white?

Or maybe I just can't appreciate it fully because I think of LA as a shtho1e of a city. Dirty and grimy, just the way I like my hoes.

Either way It's gangster and original.
Old 08-17-2009, 11:20 AM

With everything I've been at for over a decade now, I'm still floored by how thing change. There's some new trends I'm not into, but people are getting sick with the engine tuck. That thing has gone so far I walked around in awe, eventhough a lot of import scene veterans I knew have become closed mided during our walk through the show. I know everyone has a reason why they mod the way they do, and I think it's been great to see all the changes in how builds are now.

I got a lot of love for S's, but I came from a CB7, EG6, EG2, and EK9. Definitely can't forget, or be snobby now.
Old 08-17-2009, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by 05TurboS2k,Aug 17 2009, 12:17 PM
O I should mention, the valve cover done up as a map is pretty gangster. I have a hard time appreciating it fully perhaps I'm too white?

Or maybe I just can't appreciate it fully because I think of LA as a shtho1e of a city. Dirty and grimy, just the way I like my hoes.

Either way It's gangster and original.
I LA

Quick Reply: Nisei Car Show Pictures