California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Next EOQ Malibu drive... Sunday June 28

Old 06-29-2015, 12:34 PM

Received 207 Likes on 108 Posts

A very hasty walk of the cars video taken at the top of Tuna Canyon.

(oh... and by my count, we had 29 cars start the day)

[media]http://goo.gl/photos/K529Sa83v5eYHtaAA[/media]

(And yeah, I have NO idea why I called the group our "crew." I blame it on the heat.)
Old 06-29-2015, 01:06 PM

Hi all!

After reviewing who didn't get checked off on the sign-in sheet, here are the people who were no-shows.

The List of Shame:
Teriyakibbs (SYP AP1)
j2kei (GPW AP2)
S2Ks&ProteinShakes (GPW AP2)
MartinLA (Rio)
Arbi (E36?)
sk8ter4life (silverstone AP2)
Ryosuke300 (silverstone AP2)
S2danny (bmw 1600 or ssm s2000)

It takes a lot of effort to put this drive together so that it goes smoothly. Creating good run groups is a critical part of that effort and it isn't easy. When people don't show up, it means I have to hastily make changes to the groupings and that sometimes results in sub-optimal groupings that cause a massive slow down in the running of the day.

A lot of work goes into making these events enjoyable for everyone. Honestly, the list of steps that goes into putting this together is too long to even consider typing here, but let's just say it's WAY more than just a post of me saying, "Hey guys, follow me up in Malibu." And the effort pays off. The drive our group puts together is known for being the best organized free event available. We would like to keep it that way, but we need you all to keep doing your part to make that happen.

So if you say you are coming, then come. Short of a mechanical failure, you know what your schedule is and if you are realistically going to be able to commit to a day in the canyons 24 hours before.

Heads up for future plans:
In response to some rather insistent requesting by Franco (silver5656) we shall be doing a Tuna Sandwich Run. Two passes down Tuna Canyon, break for lunch, then two passes down Tuna Canyon. I have no other details yet, but it will get its own thread when we do it. Probably in late July or early August, but those are just guesses right now on timing.

Next EOQ will not be in Malibu. We are going to do the next EOQ someplace else. Not sure where yet, but someplace else. I am in early stages of possibly planning a separate Malibu drive in September which will be on Friday September 11, so if you still want to drive Malibu in September, it's likely I'll have something going on then, but it's still early planning yet.

I am also in the beginning stages of trying to organize a possible meet at the Automobile Driving Museum in El Segundo on Sunday September 13. There may be a lot of S2000s in town for some crazy reason (which shall remain unnamed and undisscussed for reasons which anyone who has been on S2ki for more than 6 months knows and doesn't want to run afoul of) and that seemed like a good time to consider organizing an outing with lunch and whatnot to the museum filled with over 130 vintage, antique, and muscle cars AND is also the only museum that takes you for a ride in them. So we shall see if I can put that together.
Old 06-29-2015, 01:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I shall call it the "double double tuna sandwich"
Old 06-29-2015, 01:52 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

How do you guys feel about GMR as next possible location? Too many cyclists? Too short? Too many idiot drivers? Just throwing out an idea
Old 06-29-2015, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Silver5656
Animal Style?
Old 06-29-2015, 03:06 PM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by RMurphy
Originally Posted by Silver5656' timestamp='1435614558' post='23664774
Animal Style?
If there is a 4x4 version, I'm in.
Old 06-29-2015, 04:34 PM

I too would like a 4x4 animal style.
Old 06-29-2015, 06:31 PM

My first time out to this drive. It was an amazing experience! Thank you for hosting this event. Everything was awesome, except for those truck bros burning out next to EZ group 1
Old 06-29-2015, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by tooncreations
My first time out to this drive. It was an amazing experience! Thank you for hosting this event. Everything was awesome, except for those truck bros burning out next to EZ group 1
The truck thing was definitely unusual. It's rare to have that amount of traffic in that spot at that particular time of day on PCH and I suspicion it was a combination of hot weather beach traffic and whatever truck show/meet was apparently going on at the Beach past Point Dume. That's where all the LE took off to in a big hurry when we were leaving lunch.

http://mynewsla.com/crime/2015/06/28...ausing-ruckus/

http://www.canyon-news.com/malibu-lo...response/30870

Edit: btw, I got nothing against trucks or low-riders or whatever people want to do. But the dumbasses who got into the collision right in front of our group and made dealing with trying to get to lunch a major hassle annoyed the hell out of me. Drive your ride, but don't eff things up for the people around you!

Oh... and I almost forgot to mention. While there were no Jay Leno sightings, we did happen to see Julia Roberts while we were outside the Pavilions store. It was a little embarrassing to realize we happened to have congregated right behind her SUV. Oops.
Old 06-29-2015, 10:02 PM

What got to me was when one of the trucks did a burn out in front of the NASA Suzuka Blue AP2 with his top down. All of the smoke flew right into his car and then the passenger in the truck tells me to do a burn out too LOL

Quick Reply: Next EOQ Malibu drive... Sunday June 28