California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Need a Huge Favor!

Old 01-11-2005, 06:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need a Huge Favor!

It's completely legit. I got rear ended and my insurance company requires that I give them a full plate number to pay out my claim. That was near impossible since I got rear ended after dodging a car that was sideways to traffic on the 10E at 11:35pm in the rain, pulled over to the side of the road with my hazards on to call 911, got hit and moved forward 35- 50 feet, then chased the car at 110 mph through traffic and could not get the full plate. The only other I could have done was to carry a gun and shoot out the guy's tires.

Anyway, I have the date/time/accident report number, insurance claim number, approx. year of the car, make, model, and color with the first three digits of the plate number. I'd be most grateful if anyone with access to this database could run the plate for myself or my attorney.

Thanks in advance!
Old 01-11-2005, 06:34 PM

you were in an accident?? when was this? sounds pretty severe! were you hurt and was it in your S?
Old 01-11-2005, 06:36 PM

That really sux, Josiah. Are you OK? Was it your S? I'm really sorry.

That sounds like total from your insurance company. Wawanessa?

What if the car that hit you didn't have plates?! You have no control over that, neither can you be expected to get a plate number in every hit and run. What if you weren't there? What if you'd been knocked out???

If you do find this guy, prosecute all the way! Too many people don't want to deal with the hassle of testifying and such, but anyone who would hit and run at 100+ MPH is a menace and needs to be punished. (Within the law!!! Let's not start with the vigilantes again!)

I think some of the TITS guys are connected with law enforcement... maybe someone there could help?

Don't let your insurance company railroad you; this isn't your fault!
Old 01-11-2005, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by drewchie,Jan 11 2005, 07:36 PM

What if the car that hit you didn't have plates?! You have no control over that, neither can you be expected to get a plate number in every hit and run. What if you weren't there? What if you'd been knocked out???

If you do find this guy, prosecute all the way! Too many people don't want to deal with the hassle of testifying and such, but anyone who would hit and run at 100+ MPH is a menace and needs to be punished. (Within the law!!! Let's not start with the vigilantes again!)

I think some of the TITS guys are connected with law enforcement... maybe someone there could help?

Old 01-11-2005, 06:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by drewchie,Jan 11 2005, 07:36 PM

<--- we need one of those.

Insurance cant pay out on EVERY hit and run. He's still covered, but they're gonna pin the fault on him, meaning he has to pay his deductible and raised premiums. Basically, if the insurance can't collect the money from the at-fault party, it's your fault. I.E. car stolen with no suspects, hit and run with no witnesses, vandalism with no suspects.

If insurance didn't do this... EVERYONE and their mothers would file hit and run, and insurance rates would skyrocket. Hey, want that Imola Orange S2k? Just key your car and have insurance pay! Want an '02 top for your '00? Just slash the top! Backed your car into a wall? Hit and run!
Old 01-11-2005, 07:36 PM

PM sent
Old 01-11-2005, 08:05 PM

Before you guys get all worked up...I think it was Jennifer's civic.
Old 01-11-2005, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by r_duff,Jan 11 2005, 07:53 PM
they're gonna pin the fault on him, meaning he has to pay his deductible and raised premiums. Basically, if the insurance can't collect the money from the at-fault party, it's your fault.

I thought he was saying they were denying his claim altogether; that would be BS.

Of course you're right about the rest. By the same token, someone with liability-only coverage would be SOL. As he's posted many times on the subject, I know flitcroft has TONs of coverage.

I wasn't very clear in my first post... too !!!

Josiah's car is one of the cleanest, well cared for S2Ks I've ever seen. This couldn't have happened to a nicer car or person. Very wrong.
Old 01-11-2005, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by webdiva,Jan 11 2005, 09:05 PM
Before you guys get all worked up...I think it was Jennifer's civic.
whew!

It still sux, but at least his hard work keeping up the car wasn't wasted.

Thanks for the update, Samira.
Old 01-11-2005, 09:50 PM

fell bad for you man.

Quick Reply: Need a Huge Favor!