California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Need helping finding a good body shop

Old 04-18-2003, 11:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need helping finding a good body shop

Today was the worst day of my life. I've only own my S for about a week and a half. Just today some dumb kid in a beat up old civic rear ended my beautiful S. While we were driving I could tell he was following too close to my car so I pulled over to the slow lane as to let the idiot through. When I got to the light he was behind me again. While waiting for the light to change, some of the other cars started to move as they were anticipating the light to change. Light turns green and I was just about to pull out then I felt a huge thud at my rear, as my heart was dropping to the floor. When I got out of my car and saw some dumb little kid in a civic I knew this wasn't going to be good. I looked at my rear and there were cracks below where the license plate area was. At this point there were tears in my eyes and I was ready to beat the living shit out of the kid. After that we exhanged info... blah blah blah.. and now I'm looking for a good body shop.

Does anyone know of a place or a shop in the so. cal region that repairs bumpers? I don't care how much it cost because I'm making that dumb kid or his dad is going to pay for it. I called my dealership and they were telling me they only do minor repairs. Could I get the name and number of some shops around this area. I know it will never be like new, but I want the best possible work done. Any information would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.
Old 04-19-2003, 07:07 AM

Why not just replace it, that way it will be new... Not like it's at your expense.
Old 04-20-2003, 01:56 AM

I called my dealership and they told me that I should go to a shop and have it fixed, they didn't mention anything about replacing it. If so, do I go to honda and have them replace it? Thx for help btw
Old 04-20-2003, 07:15 AM

Im sorry to hear that. I just got my car out of the shop because some lady hit me from behind also. I took it to a shop and told them to quote me on new parts with the worse case scenerio. Her insurance paid for a new bumper since it was cracked. I dont have the number but you can try Pacific Coast Autobody. They did a good job on my friends WRX. Well the best of luck.

Ed