California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

NEED HELP with Vortech Install

Old 01-20-2010, 12:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy NEED HELP with Vortech Install

I'm currently finally doing the install of my SC into my beauty.. I'm in Montclair at a shop on Valley blvd. We are installing everything, and are almost done but unfortunately I forgot to call my Tuner Bisi before hand to help with tune. Since he will be gone till the 2nd of February.. I don't know if after install of the SC will I be able to safely drive the vehicle after the install without tune? Is there any tuners or anybody familiar with the Vortech and AEM so I can drive my babee back home?

I have a V3 Si unit self lubricated, RC 1000cc injectors with an HPI driver, Walbro 255 Fuel pump, and a used AEM 1052 I purchased from someone on the forums. Will I need any guages? I was thinking of buying just the AEM multi guage? Do I need guages to drive home?

Again sorre for all the questions but I need anyone's help..

The idea was to finish the install today and take it to Bisi and get it tuned. But I don't think I can wait that long for him to comeback. So if anyone knows anyone near Montclair, Pomona area that can come and help that would be great..

Please feel free to chime in here, or call me any time at 818-266-6257

Thank you again Rommel..
Old 01-20-2010, 12:56 PM

Did you install what you are tuning it with yet or did you just have the stock stuff on there? If you have the stock stuff you can just drive w/o taking it high into rpms etc....If you have the aem and everything in then its going to be a rough basemap right?
Old 01-20-2010, 01:04 PM

Yea I don't know what map is in the AEM unit.. How would I figure that out? I have the CD it came with and it was a used unit. But I don't know if I have to reset that? or not? After the install is complete can I just start the car?
Old 01-20-2010, 01:08 PM

since your AEM unit is used i could presume that the previous owner didnt clear/delete his old tune. Based on that i think it wouldn't be a good idea to run on someones tune unless you can hook up a laptop to the ECU and take a look at it.

GL

P.S. note your pully size as well
Old 01-20-2010, 01:40 PM

wideband a/f and boost guage would be highly recommended...this way you could keep your a/f levels monitored and also make sure you dont have any boost leaks

but yes..your stock unit is not gnna know how to take care of those 1000cc so its highly recommended to get tuned.

personally..i wouldnt brg it to anyone BUT bisi...so id wait for him if i can...if not..then id take those 1000ccs off and put it back to a stock vtsc kit and run watever black box it comes with..until bisi can tune the aem/1000cc/which ever pulley size youre running other than the stock one that comes with the kit

worst case scenario, tow it home on flat bed..montclaire to the valley is defintely less than 100 miles...(which AAA plus(?) would not charge anything for..if you have it)
Old 01-20-2010, 01:52 PM

yea I think I'm gonna jz leave the car here.. Talked to a few peeps already, just waiting on gunshow to get back.. But I guess my car won't make it to our lil MEGA meet on the 28th...
Old 01-20-2010, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by dwnshft & xlr8,Jan 20 2010, 02:52 PM
yea I think I'm gonna jz leave the car here.. Talked to a few peeps already, just waiting on gunshow to get back.. But I guess my car won't make it to our lil MEGA meet on the 28th...
BOO
Old 01-20-2010, 02:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If i were you.

the AEM unit should have come with a base map to run the car.

retard 1 degree of timing per boost and try to keep your AFR's to about 11.8 and drive home slowly.

If i had more experience with EMS, i might be willing street tune your car. If you had an EMU i could make it drivable.
Old 01-20-2010, 02:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^ hey what are the mods, maybe i could get you base map from one of my friends cars.

IF you are an AP1, PM chairmanoftheboard to email his .em2 file of his vortec ap1. You should be able to make you drive home safely.
Old 01-20-2010, 02:11 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Jari's idea is best to get you going, but give me under an hour and i'll know where we stand brotha. I'm pulling strings wherever I can

Quick Reply: NEED HELP with Vortech Install