California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Need a good Korean BBQ place in K-town

Old 11-19-2010, 03:30 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by llxzxll,Nov 19 2010, 04:29 PM
honestly, if you're looking to impress your friend from korea, the best bet is Park's BBQ. IMO, this is by far the best korean bbq hands down in ktown. they have kobe-style meat. it's called "ggot ssal" --> loosely translated as flower meat/flesh.

more of a quality of meat than a quantity of meat place though (not all you can eat).

coming from korea, where beef is extremely expensive, if he has ever eaten korean bbq in korea, it was most likely high quality beef and he will not be impressed with the all you can eat places unless you go to oo-kook.

Park's BBQ is on the corner of Vermont and Olympic.
quality > quantity
Old 11-19-2010, 03:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by edspecR,Nov 19 2010, 04:30 PM
quality > quantity
absolutely man.

after a while, the all you can eat places just aren't worth the pain (i tend to overstuff my face with meat just b/c it's "all you can eat").

at this point, i'd rather enjoy the good stuff and be comfortable after a meal.
Old 11-19-2010, 03:36 PM

oh...and if you want a really good all you can eat, there's a spot in my hood that is pretty good (best AYCE i've had).

it's called "Hae Jang Chon" and it's on 6th in between serrano and hobart. it's the small plaza with a Kyochon Chicken.

they give you kimchi pancakes (really awesome), give you kimchi fried rice after your meal (if you still have space), and the meat is all cooked on a stone grill, which is unique.
Old 11-19-2010, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by edspecR,Nov 19 2010, 11:54 AM
best suhlungtang ever: hanbat suhlungtang!!!
hells to the yes man! haha. my favorite place to go for sullungtang since i was a kid.
Old 11-19-2010, 03:44 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by llxzxll,Nov 19 2010, 04:38 PM
hells to the yes man! haha. my favorite place to go for sullungtang since i was a kid.
Old 11-19-2010, 06:33 PM

No one mentioned Soot Bull Jeep yet? Hands down the best Korean BBQ with real charcoal grills.

Yelp it.
Soot Bull Jeep
Old 11-19-2010, 10:23 PM

im craving for some dae chang from byul dae pyo
Old 11-20-2010, 12:58 AM

better than manna but the same price is road to seoul! there's also another one called haejaechang dolgooi or something like that which is pretty good ayce too for the same price. used to eat at manna a lot, but the meat really isn't that great there
Old 11-20-2010, 06:35 AM

this thread is sooo for me
I used to do a food blog in Korea and here in the states and went to almost every single korean AYCE place in KTOWN and some in OC so hope I can help you out.

AYCE
1. So far, the cheapest place in LA for AYCE is Lunch $7.99 Dinner $12.99 but you are only limited to two choices (pork belly and Brisket) for lunch and forgot about dinner. However, this place has the best meat!
It's called Ma Dang Swe, located right across Moo Dae Po I. (901 S Vermont Ave.)
2. Choi Ga Nae: Lunch special is $9.99 and regular dinner price is $14.99 if i recall. Has the best grill setting (soup in middle of the grill) and has good quality meet.
3. Gui Rim Korean BBQ http://www.yelp.com/biz/gui-rim-korean-bbq...ery:Gu%20i%20il I strongly recommend this place. I would say it's the best place in KTOWN right now. Price is the same like all the other expensive places, $16.99, but they have a variety of meat choices and the quality is outstanding. Probably the best place I've been to. (ubise knows wsup because he choose this place too ) If you're planning to go around 8, get ready to wait a hour or so.
4. Hae Jang Chon KBBQ: http://www.yelp.com/biz/hae-jang-chon-kore...ant-los-angeles Also a really good place, my #2 after Gui Rim. You won't be disappointed.

*there are MUCH more places but listed the ones I liked the most out of 234235 ones in LA.

Non-AYCE
1. Moo Dae Po I: Moo Dae Po II is an AYCE place so that's not included. Same owner by the way. Moo Dae Po 1 won the best meat during the KBBQ festival, so no doubt, best meat.

2. Da Ho Galbi: been to this place couple of times and like their meat. Not bad at all.

*Much more as well but I recommend you to go to #1.

Now if you're looking for a place that's big and has a good atmosphere, Manna and Moo Dae Po II is a good place.

If u want to kno more, PM me
Old 11-20-2010, 11:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^You're mistaken, there are numerous places in LA that have AYCE dinner for $10.

Quick Reply: Need a good Korean BBQ place in K-town