California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

My First trip to KOREA!

Old 04-20-2008, 12:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Metalhead,Apr 20 2008, 11:37 AM
Damn, I was gonna say that
Really, I was.

Oh, all right, I'll stop whoring and go clean my leaf-filled pool.

Late.
Old 04-20-2008, 12:43 PM

Itaewon, Nam Dae Mun (south gate) and Dong Dae Mun (east gate) are popular shopping districts. Itaewon also has an entertainment sector that services foreigners and, yeah, you can get cheap hookers there too.

When it comes to eating you'll want to have your local business friends to take you out. They'll probably really enjoy the opportunity too. If they have a sense of humor, you'll get to taste dog meat.

If you're into the cultural thing, the folk village is someplace to check out. It's like a little village where the people there all dress and do things like they did hundred of years ago.

Lotte World was pretty cool last I remember. There's a giant indoor theme park among other things.

It's been over 15 years, but when I was there, Nike had a manufacturing plant. They'd sell their factory rejects on the local economy for a fraction of the usual price. Rejects are indistinguishable from the shoes eventually shipped here. So, if you feel like getting some sneakers, Seoul is a good place to do it. Also remember, if you shop at a shopping district ALL prices are negotiable.
Old 04-20-2008, 12:48 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

nobody mentioned the drivers are NUTS...

I watched a 300C weave between a bus and truck...... guys I kid you not... there was INCHES between the bumper front and rear. the Bus slams on the breaks and the guy hesitates taking up both lanes and sliding between lanes. I saw these kinds of stunts multiple times, as well as a few scooter riders almost eat it...... WOW.

I''lll look for Nike! And perhaps the culturual center your talking about. That'd at least be iteresting.

Thx..

And yes I'm aware of the N. Korean open mindset.
Old 04-20-2008, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by Wolfgang,Apr 20 2008, 12:43 PM
Itaewon, Nam Dae Mun (south gate) and Dong Dae Mun (east gate) are popular shopping districts. Itaewon also has an entertainment sector that services foreigners and, yeah, you can get cheap hookers there too.

When it comes to eating you'll want to have your local business friends to take you out. They'll probably really enjoy the opportunity too. If they have a sense of humor, you'll get to taste dog meat.

If you're into the cultural thing, the folk village is someplace to check out. It's like a little village where the people there all dress and do things like they did hundred of years ago.

Lotte World was pretty cool last I remember. There's a giant indoor theme park among other things.

It's been over 15 years, but when I was there, Nike had a manufacturing plant. They'd sell their factory rejects on the local economy for a fraction of the usual price. Rejects are indistinguishable from the shoes eventually shipped here. So, if you feel like getting some sneakers, Seoul is a good place to do it. Also remember, if you shop at a shopping district ALL prices are negotiable.
A LOT has changed in 15 years! I go every few years and the city seems transformed every time I go. It's amazing how much people can fit into a small little peninsula. Regarding nightlife there are so many great theme bars, large and small, and even those tents (pojangmacha). One thing that is the same is that when the sun goes down, the drinking starts begins.
Old 04-20-2008, 12:55 PM

ya, only problem is the language barrier when it comes to hitting a bar. I can say VERY simple phrases and I understand maybe 50 words past that......

O at least I saw a fully paint wrapped Turbo SC400 before I even left the airport.
Old 04-20-2008, 01:02 PM

Sometimes Korean girls will book the foreigner in a club so they can practice their english.
Old 04-20-2008, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Wolfgang,Apr 20 2008, 01:02 PM
Sometimes Korean girls will book the foreigner in a club so they can practice their english.
A work associate explained this to me.....

We went to TGI fridays where I was a semi- big hit. I couldn't help but laugh a little when I walked into the place and 4 little korean girls are waving with both hands up in the air.
Old 04-20-2008, 06:36 PM

Yeah. Just open your mouth and say a few things in English. They will probably think your a movie star or something...
Old 04-20-2008, 07:52 PM

idont think just because you speak english you will get pu..ssy.
lol.. if you can speak good korean and english, you might get lucky..no, maybe..

go to hong dae.. its a college area with alot of bars and clubs...
go to apkujung if you want to play with the rich brats...lol..
go to kangnam to hang with the ballers...try boss night club, juliana etc....
to get the best hookers.. get in a getto taxi and just say young ju gul...or in english dragon alley up in paju...lol...of if you want to go to somewere in seoul.. go to miari texas....lol.. please wear a condom.. ...
itaewon if you wanna meet k-girls that think there americans and a bunch of gi's.. i recommend going to geckos...or just take a walk up hooker hill..lol....your bound to find something.. have fun..
Old 04-20-2008, 09:16 PM

Dude juice bar.

Quick Reply: My First trip to KOREA!