California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

My BEST buddy my doggy is in animal ER

Old 01-14-2007, 08:17 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default My BEST buddy my doggy is in animal ER

Hey guys and gals. My best friend Belle startred vomiting early this mroing at 2 am. Vomited 7 times in the duration of 12 hours. Nothing came up but stomach acid and stomach mucus. I got home at 5 and took her straight to Animal ER. For those who share their lives with a pet, you all would know and can feel the saddness and worry I feel. They ran an Xray and Blood test. Shes got an infection in her liver and they can not isolate the infection at ER. Primary concern is she is completely dehydrated and her liver is infected. She spends the night at ER where they have her on an IV and antibiotics. I pick her up at 7am where I drive her straight to my VET for an ultrasound and further treatment. Cost for ER for the night, X ray, blood work, IV etc. $1000.00. The the ultrasound and further diagnosis tomorrow. I am not at all complaining about the cost. I grew up with her and she is all I've got. I just lost my Grams last August 25th. I am sooooooo distrot I dont know what to do. Just looking for a few words of encouragement and prayers. If any of you can toss in a prayer, and kind words, I can rest a bit easier. I am soooooooooooooo sad. Only the second nite she has EVER spent away from her home EVER. Without me by her side.

Thanks Friends.

Old 01-14-2007, 08:26 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow Petey

I'm sure everything will turn out ok Nancy and I send our best to you and Belle
Old 01-14-2007, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by AP2Suzuka,Jan 14 2007, 09:26 PM
Wow Petey

I'm sure everything will turn out ok Nancy and I send our best to you and Belle
Thank you Jay and Nancy! It may not make much sense, but feeling my friends feel empathy for me makes me a bit more at ease. Thanks again my friend.
Old 01-14-2007, 08:32 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

hope the little one makes it through.
Old 01-14-2007, 08:33 PM
Community Organizer

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Pete,

Hang tight and get her to a good vet. Stanley lost mov't of his hind legs last month, and I was scared too. (He has a minor disc protrusion). He's up and running now, but its only time before he gets cut up. Never once I worried about the vet bill, b/c I see him as my family member.

Hopefully the infection can be treated by heavy dosage of medication and the IV and high glucose diet will help her out. Nothing sadder than a sick dog, a sick family member. At all cost, if its curable with good prognosis, you got to do it.

Stanley wishes the best for her, and hope she gets well soon.

BC
Old 01-14-2007, 08:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Pete,
I've had my dog Sammy for the last 9 years....I have been thru hell and back with him. He is EVERYTHING to me. Sammy has had his share of health issues, but 1 1/2 years ago I felt what I thought were swollen glands in his throat. After a trip to the vet and some tests he was diagnosed with lymphatic cancer. I thought I was going to die when I heard that....I got myself together, my vet assured me that there was plenty we could do, Sammy was a very strong dog, we caught it early, and that we need to be VERY positive, loving, and there was a good chance we could put the cancer in remission....

Well after 2 courses of Chemotherapy to the cost of around $7500.00, Sammy never knew he was sick, is still strong as an ox and is still in remission 1 1/2 years after his diagnosis...Sammy is sleeping on the couch behind me as I write this note to you and still doesn't know he has cancer and I plan to keep it that way. We spend everyday happy and healthy, playing, sleeping, and doing everything that Sammy and I love to do together.

Keep your chin up, don't let your dog see you sad. Stay VERY positive, as you know she will worry, they can always sense when something is wrong. Love her like always, feed her the best food, expect the best outcome and it will come to you.

Sammy and I will be praying for you...If you need anything PM me and I'll shoot you my cell...

Here is a pic of Sammy...Post a pic of Belle...

Old 01-14-2007, 08:37 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[QUOTE=volcomSNOWS2K,Jan 14 2007, 09:31 PM] Thank you Jay and Nancy!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

where did you take Belle pete? Sorry for what's happening...i'm sure things will be alright

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by silentdancer,Jan 14 2007, 09:32 PM
hope the little one makes it through.
Our thoughts are with you and the little one
Old 01-14-2007, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by DragonHeart,Jan 14 2007, 09:35 PM
Hey Pete,
I've had my dog Sammy for the last 9 years....I have been thru hell and back with him. He is EVERYTHING to me. Sammy has had his share of health issues, but 1 1/2 years ago I felt what I thought were swollen glands in his throat. After a trip to the vet and some tests he was diagnosed with lymphatic cancer. I thought I was going to die when I heard that....I got myself together, my vet assured me that there was plenty we could do, Sammy was a very strong dog, we caught it early, and that we need to be VERY positive, loving, and there was a good chance we could put the cancer in remission....

Well after 2 courses of Chemotherapy to the cost of around $7500.00, Sammy never knew he was sick, is still strong as an ox and is still in remission 1 1/2 years after his diagnosis...Sammy is sleeping on the couch behind me as I write this note to you and still doesn't know he has cancer and I plan to keep it that way. We spend everyday happy and healthy, playing, sleeping, and doing everything that Sammy and I love to do together.

Keep your chin up, don't let your dog see you sad. Stay VERY positive, as you know she will worry, they can always sense when something is wrong. Love her like always, feed her the best food, expect the best outcome and it will come to you.

Sammy and I will be praying for you...If you need anything PM me and I'll shoot you my cell...

Here is a pic of Sammy...Post a pic of Belle...

Thank you for the words of encourgment Mark! I am soooo happy to know that Sammy is doing GREAT! My life here on this earth I still do not know my purpose... but I do know that I have a BIG heart and I love ANIMALS. As I was waiting with Belle in ER, there was a family before me. Came in with their pet and after the vet visited them, the kids leaves the ER room, followed by the mom, then I see the dad teared up. Then I get to see and hear him ask for their pets collar and the vet tech say I'm so very sorry. My heart was in knots and just hit the floor. Belle has made my life 10000000000% better. She has shared smiles with me, and tears with me. Loosing family has made me realize I am not as strong as I thought I was. Nothing lasts forever... My thoughts are all scattered right now. I do appreciate you taking the time to say hi and that prayers are coming my way. You are a class act Mark! As are BC and Jay. Thank you! I have updated the first post with a pic of my Belle!

Quick Reply: My BEST buddy my doggy is in animal ER