California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

My ass of a neighbor

Old 03-29-2008, 07:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

& it looks like we're moving..
Old 03-29-2008, 08:47 PM

I had a neigbor going ape over parkin in the cul de sac. He was thrwin cigs on top of the car and leaving notes all the time. you need to put VASELINE UNDER THE DOOR HANDLE!! or on their door knob... Nobody likes walkin out to get there fingers all jellied up. We put up the video cam and the next mornin he came out and called the cops (like he'd been doing for parking, changing oil in the driveway, etc. The cops said "If its not permanent its not vandalism" Once he heard that he tried opening up his gas tank the next morning and called again. We told the police we had the block recorded and didn't do anything and offered to show the footage. The cops declined and yelled at the neighbor for being a prick. I havent heard from him in weeks and he has slowly been moving stuff out of his house. I think he's moving
Old 03-29-2008, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by AP100_JA,Mar 29 2008, 07:17 PM
the girl
dayum....

It all makes sense now. You probably ignored him one of the times he was trying to hit on you.

Since your moving and you know it'll end, just ride it out.
Old 03-29-2008, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by S2KANDRE,Mar 29 2008, 09:27 PM
dayum....

It all makes sense now. You probably ignored him one of the times he was trying to hit on you.

Since your moving and you know it'll end, just ride it out.
actuallly... we ALWAYS see him eyeing my brother.................'s car.

i'm really contemplating a hawaiian s2ki themed meet out here... ESPECIALLY if we're going to be the ones to move out.

Old 03-29-2008, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by AP100_JA,Mar 29 2008, 07:10 PM
hey how's it going! ya there is a nail right inbetween his property and our property but I don't know if it was a BM or if it's there for another property in the area. Another thing- I wouldn't be able to know really where the property line is without any proper equipment. And nah I don't work for a Land Surveyor... I wish. I was working for a CM company not too long ago. You should come by to the valencia meets.

-anleth

by the way.... thanks for the cooling plate!

-jess
Your right, you cant tell just by by looking at a nail. It can be a lot corner offset or a tie to something else. Its prob not a BM. They are usually big, marked up well and have diff markings to identify the elevation, position and location.

You can actually go to your city records office and get tie sheets, property records, and such. You can even go to the county assessor and ask for their maps. They have a pretty good load of maps to dictate who own what cause they want to get paid for property taxes!

Thats one way to go.

Seriously, kick his ass.

Anyway, I was going to try to make it this past week but it was on Wed. I thought it was on Thurs.
I was planning on going after my Surv 106 class.

Next time.

Peace.
Old 03-29-2008, 10:45 PM

I've had similar situation but my neighbor was kind enough to ask. We have 5 cars, but we only have 2 spaces in the garage, 2 in the driveway, and have a option of either side of my house on the street(one side has a fire hydrant kind of close and we are limited on which car is able to park there). I always tend to pick my neighbors side where they have a hedge blocking the view. They also had a similar problem of them having a too many cars(3 of them). They do have a garage but only one could park inside do to excessive amount of junk they have stored; and also, there cars are too long to fit inside(they park slanted inside. lol) So they left us a note asking us nicely enough to give up the option of parking halfway in between there house and ours. I was gladly enough conviced of there situation and agreed to what they asked for.

I would suggest going to city records as mentioned above to see the property line. You have the right to know what you are paying for. Also, your neighbor will try to defend himself in court by acusing your family for mental stress and false accusations of your family tampering with his vehicle and etc. They only hard evidence you have will be your family/neighbors voice(what they've seen or heard), the camera you have set up, and etc.
Old 03-30-2008, 02:33 AM

Originally Posted by JunD,Mar 29 2008, 10:45 PM
I've had similar situation but my neighbor was kind enough to ask. We have 5 cars, but we only have 2 spaces in the garage, 2 in the driveway, and have a option of either side of my house on the street(one side has a fire hydrant kind of close and we are limited on which car is able to park there). I always tend to pick my neighbors side where they have a hedge blocking the view. They also had a similar problem of them having a too many cars(3 of them). They do have a garage but only one could park inside do to excessive amount of junk they have stored; and also, there cars are too long to fit inside(they park slanted inside. lol) So they left us a note asking us nicely enough to give up the option of parking halfway in between there house and ours. I was gladly enough conviced of there situation and agreed to what they asked for.

I would suggest going to city records as mentioned above to see the property line. You have the right to know what you are paying for. Also, your neighbor will try to defend himself in court by acusing your family for mental stress and false accusations of your family tampering with his vehicle and etc. They only hard evidence you have will be your family/neighbors voice(what they've seen or heard), the camera you have set up, and etc.
You were dealing with rational people. The OP neighbor sounds a lot worse. Everything does not have to be a big deal. Certain crazy a-holes make life much more difficult than necessary.
Old 03-30-2008, 10:08 AM

^^yeah. he's psycho and high strung.. i wish he was more rational........ then maybe my mom, who is diabetic and has problems with some of her discs in her back, wouldn't have been admitted to the hospital in the middle of the night last night by ambulance due to her almost having a heart attack as she was stressing, hyperventilating, and crying over the situation especially since he threatened my dad and insulted, her mother who, little did he know, she is still not over her passing.

and my dad has decided to not go thru with hiring a land surveyor and making him tear his wall down bc he's afraid that that'll only set off his ticking time bomb, so to speak.
Old 03-30-2008, 10:40 AM

Damn the terrorist won! Well, since you guys are moving, +20 to the huge mega meet before you move day. Hmm, tho he'll probably counter with a cop-call.
Old 03-30-2008, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by moogleii,Mar 30 2008, 10:40 AM
Damn the terrorist won! Well, since you guys are moving, +20 to the huge mega meet before you move day. Hmm, tho he'll probably counter with a cop-call.
oh yeah he for sure will. but there's NOTHING wrong with having a bunch of cars in the neighborhood due to a gathering at mi casa.

the only thing is... he'd probably somehow do something to all of the cars.

Quick Reply: My ass of a neighbor