California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Miller Honda in Van Nuys/Sherman Oaks- recommend

Old 11-17-2003, 12:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Miller Honda in Van Nuys/Sherman Oaks- recommend

I know we are all looking for good service department recommendations...

I couldn't take my car back to where I bought it at Norm Reeves for the free servicing, as that would eat up $25 in gas. So I took my S in for it's first oil change/servicing at 3,731 miles on Sat to Miller Honda on Van Nuys. This was after I called the dealership in Santa Monica (they quoted me $55!) and then the one in Hollywood (they quoted me $45) and I told them both that if I had wanted to get screwed on servicing I would have bought the Porsche. Anyway, Miller quoted me $25 and had availability the following day. They ended up doing the service for free after all and washing the car. Maybe this is standard, but I was pretty impressed.
Old 11-17-2003, 03:14 PM

Same thing happened to me when I went to Culver City Honda (I think its also a Mike Miller). They quoted me $25.00, and ended up doing it for free with a free wash...just as a first time visit type of deal....will be going back for a 2nd visit soon!
Old 11-17-2003, 04:00 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I found the Van Nuys location to be both courtious and fare, however, I have not gone there for any major repair.
Old 11-17-2003, 04:07 PM

Originally posted by AP1ByDesign
Same thing happened to me when I went to Culver City Honda (I think its also a Mike Miller). They quoted me $25.00, and ended up doing it for free with a free wash...just as a first time visit type of deal....will be going back for a 2nd visit soon!
Miller Honda in Culver City also did my first oil change for free and I've been going to them since mid 2001
Old 11-17-2003, 09:12 PM
Former Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I bought my car from Miller Honda in Van Nuys. I would not recommend their service department. They had to service my car three times under extended warranty, each one being more expensive than the last. They had no reason to deny any of the coverages but on the 2nd one I had to fight and it took almost a month for them to agree to do the service under warranty. On the third major service they denied the claim and gave me no good reason. You can read their lame excuses for denying the claim here - http://gallery.s2ki.com/imagecatalog/custo...image/list/267/ . I had to take them to court, where I won. I'll be posting a full write up soon about the whole ordeal to give people some ideas on how to approach dealing with a dealer that falsely denies a warranty claim, but as far as Miller Honda in Van Nuys goes they'll never touch my car again.
Old 11-18-2003, 06:38 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Strike,
I,m in Woodland Hills, I see your in West Hills. Who services your S2000, I always want to be prepared if something should go wrong. By the way, good info on Van Nuys- I'll stay away.
Old 11-18-2003, 06:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wouldn't let a dealer wash my car.
Old 11-18-2003, 07:10 AM
Former Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by alexz
Strike,
I,m in Woodland Hills, I see your in West Hills.
Old 11-18-2003, 07:48 AM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally posted by OC S2K
I wouldn't let a dealer wash my car.
I heard that!!!

My dealer slacks SO BAD (Cush Auto Group), they don't even wash the car half the time.
Just as well, they would probably scratch it up anyway.
Old 11-18-2003, 08:29 AM
bjl

Be very careful of Miller Honda in Van Nuys. They had to test drive my car and right around the corner from them is a fairly severe dip in the road. They scratched up the entire front bumper from bottoming out and didn't bother to tell me. When I noticed it later that day, I took it back to them and got nothing but the runaround. They eventually paid for the damage but I haven't been back since.

Quick Reply: Miller Honda in Van Nuys/Sherman Oaks- recommend