California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Miller Honda in Van Nuys says I had a bad tranny

Old 11-13-2009, 01:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Miller Honda in Van Nuys says I had a bad tranny

So all of a sudden I get creaky noise coming from somewhere underneath the car when I resume to slow down. I took my car to miller honda service center in van nuys and asked them to check it out. They call me on the phone and tell me they need to flush my transmission. I told them i didnt think it was the transmission but fine I let them flush it out. When I go to pick up the car the guy at the desk says that the mechanic doesnt know where the noise is coming from but they are going to need to open up the tranny and check it out becus thats where it was coming from. He said that the tranny will possibly have to be rebuilt and when im ready to throw down 3200 hundred dollars come back.

I thought they were full of it because I was pretty sure the noise wasnt comin from the tranny. I took my car to vartans auto repair on parthenia in northridge and told the mechanic what they had told me. He drove the car around the block and told me that the noise was coming from the passenger side rear wheel. He lifted up my S and tightened a bolt on the rear axle charged me 20 bucks and told me the noise would be gone. The noise is gone.

I spent 30 minutes total at vartans to get my car fixed for 20 bucks and my car spent about 5 hours at miller Honda for over a hundred and fifty dollars for them to tell me they didnt know what the noise was but that they needed to open up my tranny which only has about 60k miles on it.

What a bunch of jerks or incompetent people at miller Honda in Van Nuys!!
Old 11-13-2009, 01:48 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,532 Likes on 1,913 Posts

Thanks for sharing. I'm really glad you went to Vartans.
Old 11-13-2009, 01:48 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What a bunch of biatches. You want me to burn their foking shop down? Fok, I'll do it too. I hate stinking ripoff artists.
Old 11-13-2009, 01:50 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow man, good job finding a competent Armenian mechanic
Old 11-13-2009, 01:52 PM

lol! Thanks but dont burn them down..just dont go there if you dont have to.
Old 11-13-2009, 01:59 PM

What kind of noises were they? Usually for a bad tranny the noises sound almost normal, but have a little more rasp and a deeper tone. Did you check for an unnatural bulge on the cylinder that supports the head? Did you notice any odd signs of excessive bodywork? Were the headlights symmetrical and natural looking, or were they misshapen?

Usually by the time you get down under the hood and notice the spare nuts and a driveshaft it's too late for a refund.

Take it to Honda of West Hollywood, I think they have a lot of experience in this dept.

Old 11-13-2009, 02:07 PM

It wasnt the tranny it was a bolt on the rear axle that needed tightening...the noise is long gone
Old 11-13-2009, 07:48 PM

theyre the same shady company that wanted to charge $37 bucks for a vtec solenoid gasket...and when i declined and said i was going to just wait and buy somewhere else ($17 after tax elsewhere)....the sales person said hell sell it to me for 25 plus tax...and when i said its coool..i thought it was over...another person called me back claiming he was the manager of the sales dept...he said hell sell it to me for $22 cash if i met him at the back parking lot..

shady much?
Old 11-13-2009, 08:51 PM

WOW !! honda dealers FTMFL !!
for some reason the honda dealers in the valley are full of it !
Old 11-13-2009, 09:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would complain to American Honda.

Quick Reply: Miller Honda in Van Nuys says I had a bad tranny