California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Man I miss my S

Old 07-24-2008, 07:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was just about to say at least theres no picture of you holding up the tower.......but thats ok
Old 07-24-2008, 07:37 PM

yeahhhh europe.. bring back the memories been there than that.. there are so many small cars there (smart car) its funny....
Old 07-24-2008, 07:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome trip... looking forward to more pictures
Old 07-24-2008, 08:36 PM

How about some pics of the great euro beaches...(8

How much longer are you gone for?
Old 07-24-2008, 08:39 PM

Good choice in location!! I lived in Italy for 4 years
Go hit up Montalcino! It's an awesome town and is home to my FAVORITE wines in all of Italy. Have yourself a nice '99 or '01 Brunello di Montalcino. Quella sei bellisima!!
Old 07-24-2008, 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by onepieceluffy,Jul 24 2008, 08:36 PM
How about some pics of the great euro beaches...(8

How much longer are you gone for?
haha frank haven't been to a beach here I'm coming back saturday afternoon, so yeah today is my last full day in stockholm.

Anyways, back to our regular scheduled programming...
Cannes/Monaco, France:
Monaco was alright, I guess I was just ticked because everyone there was filthy rich haha. The people here weren't as warm but nevertheless it was still fun. Never seen so many ferrari's in one place before. My camera ran out of battery so here are pics my sis took.

Changing of the guard at the Royal Palace. What a crock. 95+ degrees and a crowd of equally pissed off tourists, no fun. Unless you're into this stuff, it's not so great.

Gotta head out now, enjoy!
Old 07-24-2008, 11:23 PM

wowow monaco sooooo nice
Old 07-25-2008, 12:17 AM

nice. the wife and i will be doing the whole euro trip with contiki end of aug for 3 weeks!
Old 07-30-2008, 03:48 AM

7-30 update! Man, feels really different to be back home. Got back in the S and wet my pants. Anyways, sorry for the lack of updates, been trying to get back on my feet with the lag and all, couldn't really get around to updating. Well since I woke up at 4 in the morning , why not? also I'm running out of photo space, so I'm only posting up the ones I think are best.

Lisbon, Portugal:

Lisbon was a nice place, didn't take too many photos. Here are the ones worth seeing.

This egg custard tart was AMAZING. A must have if visiting Portugal

Paris, France:

Escargot

foie gras

dessert!

The thing I miss most about Europe are the absolutely beautiful skies. Flying back into LAX and seeing the layer of smog was very disheartening Truthfully, I never noticed it until spending 3 weeks away.

London, England:

We saw Keanu Reeves at Westminster Abbey! haha, pretty random

Pretty ballin'.

Of course, you have to get fish and chips in London. It was crap.

BEST PLACE IN THE WORLD....
Amsterdam, Netherlands:

Amsterdam is an amazing place, and not just because of the famed Red Light District (I don't even smoke). The city is VERY beautiful and with its wide array of manmade canals is considered the Venice of the North. Everybody is super friendly and open, speaks fluent English (hell better than the people here speak it), and either walks or rides a bike!

"coffee", anyone?

Whaaa...?

Can anyone (who has not been to Amsterdam) guess what are behind these curtains in these stalls? Hint: It's Amsterdam
Old 07-30-2008, 03:57 AM

Helsinki, Finland:

Nothing much too memorable in Helsinki. Not much to do, really nice place though plus the friendly and warm Finnish folks. Home to Kimi, Heikki, and Mika. Yeap...that's all I got. Oh and they also have AMAZING produce.

Cute

Look at the size of these things! And you can eat 'em raw out of the pod, too. Sweet and tasty, it makes a great snack on the go.

St. Petersburg, Russia

The absolutely most visually stunning destination of my trip. This city is so rich with history and culture, hence dubbed "The Cultural Capital of Russia." Also, the Russian chicks were also real pretty. This place is a MUST GO.

Next ones are the Summer Palace of the Czars. Man it must have been nice to be royalty.

And here's a very out of shape me trying to beat the water fountain timing.
I got wet.

A delicious meat filled pie

Apparently a very authentic bowl of Russian borscht. Was kind of weird tasting, didn't like it. In my defense it was cold, drunk only in the summer. If it was warm I bet I'd have liked it better.
The Hermitage Museum. It's HUGE! Supposedly, if you stood in front of each artifact for one minute each, without breaks in between, it would take you 11 YEARS!!! to get through everything!
Real gold parts, not gold painted.

Most beautiful place, ever.

Tallin, Estonia:
Nice and small medeval town. Good place kick back, enjoy a beer, and take a nap in the park.

Saw some neat little automobiles:
HAHA!

SUKA SUKA SUKA!!

Why, hello there cutie!

Quick Reply: Man I miss my S