California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Malibu Drive FRIDAY Sep 11, 2015

Old 08-15-2015, 06:09 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Vouching for these guys for hosting an event around driving rather than hard parking.
If I were within 3 hours driving distance, I would be there!
Have fun guys and...
THANK you for hosting a DRIVING event rather than taking selfies in front of your car wearing certified grade-A 'F-boy ' elastic ankle khaki jogger pants!
Old 08-15-2015, 08:46 PM

Received 207 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by TougeHorseman
Vouching for these guys for hosting an event around driving rather than hard parking.
If I were within 3 hours driving distance, I would be there!
Have fun guys and...
THANK you for hosting a DRIVING event rather than taking selfies in front of your car wearing certified grade-A 'F-boy ' elastic ankle khaki jogger pants!
Lol! Thanks!

I'm thrilled that the people I drive with regularly were willing to take off a Friday and be there for me to help make this happen. Totally awesome driving friends. Every step of the way with our drives over the years, whenever I've asked for something, they have always made what I thought we needed happen.

No danger of me wearing anything you described. I'm female. Truth be told, I can't even really visualize what you described.

Old 08-19-2015, 07:18 AM

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by badmengS2K
Roughly 2.5 hours. LA/OC traffic kicks up approximately at 7am and ends around 10am. Hope this helps.
Originally Posted by RMurphy
I highly recommend you stay someplace closer. That time of day... from Escondido, it could be more like 3 hours or more easily. I can put you in touch with others who have told me they have arranged to stay closer to the Malibu area, in case you want to stay in the same places.
Thanks for the input. I am most likely going to be staying with my brother in Escondido and then meeting up with Michael/Sandeep in the morning. I am already going to have a long drive on Thursday and driving all the way to LA isn't going to happen. If we have to leave at 6 am then so be it, my brother is coming with me so we can split driving if I get tired.
Old 08-19-2015, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by 1nate7
Originally Posted by badmengS2K' timestamp='1439269641' post='23710748
Roughly 2.5 hours. LA/OC traffic kicks up approximately at 7am and ends around 10am. Hope this helps.
Originally Posted by RMurphy
I highly recommend you stay someplace closer. That time of day... from Escondido, it could be more like 3 hours or more easily. I can put you in touch with others who have told me they have arranged to stay closer to the Malibu area, in case you want to stay in the same places.
Thanks for the input. I am most likely going to be staying with my brother in Escondido and then meeting up with Michael/Sandeep in the morning. I am already going to have a long drive on Thursday and driving all the way to LA isn't going to happen. If we have to leave at 6 am then so be it, my brother is coming with me so we can split driving if I get tired.
Totally understand. Sandeep explained the route into SoCal you guys are taking is more scenic and sounds great. I just now checked Google maps again for Escondido to the meetup area and it says today (right now, which is later than you want to leave anyway) it would take about 2 hours 45 minutes. There are cafes in the immediate area of the meet up point so if you guys end up arriving early, you can easily grab a cup of coffee or check out the local scenery. The Flags at Pepperdine for Sep 11 are really amazing to see.
Old 08-19-2015, 08:10 AM

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Sounds good. Thanks for taking the time to set this up, really looking forward to it.
Old 08-20-2015, 12:06 AM

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

This and our drive to CA will be epic. I'm looking forward to the scenic views and pic opportunities.
Old 08-20-2015, 10:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by s2k4life_az
What about Dana Point Roseanne? About 1.5 hours up 405N?
I left around 5:45AM from Laguna Beach the last time I attended an EOQ, you can skip a good amount of traffic by leaving early.I still had plenty of time to grab coffee as well as topping off the tank (about 45 minutes). With any early morning driving, be on your best defensive driving for drunks or otherwise bad/distracted drivers.
I'm not a morning person by all means, but waking up early for this drive is well worth it.
Old 08-21-2015, 03:51 PM

Greetings from Rosenthal Winery tasting room on gorgeous Pacific Coast Highway!

I am hanging here after finishing yet another recon of this drive and I gotta tell ya, this drive is gonna so ROCK!

It's totally different on a Friday than on weekends. And we have changed up the route because of that. So effing cool, I can't even tell you how much fun I had today. And that's saying something considering I was in my daily!!

This is gonna be great.
Old 08-21-2015, 03:58 PM

I may have to sit here awhile and wait for this chardonnay wear off.
Old 08-21-2015, 04:00 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Damn it really want to make this drive but have a project delivery that day, sigh why.

Have fun guys

Quick Reply: Malibu Drive FRIDAY Sep 11, 2015