California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Lube Pump for Tranny & Diff fluid change this wknd

Old 03-25-2008, 07:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lube Pump for Tranny & Diff fluid change this wknd

hey guys,

im planning on doing a nice maintenance job this wknd (change engine, tranny, diff fluid, full detail, install oem lip, etc.) and I have everything but a lube pump. I dont want to order it online and was wondering if u guys knew some places that have them. I'm in the Santa Monica area and wouldn't mind driving a bit but not like 50 miles. Thanks in advance!!

Tim
Old 03-25-2008, 08:07 AM

for diff changes and tranny oil i use this little place called Song's alignment out here in Hawthorne/ south bay.

the manager (its a small chain) of that location is my friend Marco Song, give him a holla.

He's done my, ph1lyk, and Luvins2k's s2000's and the service is very good and inexpensive.

13435 Prairie Avenue
Hawthorne CA, 90250
(310) 219-3338
Old 03-25-2008, 08:21 AM

Thank you for the suggestion, but i've never taken my car in for some fluid changes and i don't think i will until i am physically unable to do so. Sooooo where do i get the lube pump damnit!! hahah
Old 03-25-2008, 08:21 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Interesting method I used for the tranny

Just use a container (funnel works) with a long tube at the bottom going to the tranny and diff. Worked great for me .

U can use a coat hanger bent to hold the funnel if you don't have a friend, then pinch the tube and move under the car
Old 03-25-2008, 08:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i made my own using a meguiars spray pump:

i removed the green end and trimmed some plastic and attached a small hose at the end and it worked fine. i would have bought one but I was doing it during midnight. lol!
Old 03-25-2008, 08:34 AM

ooh.....making one is a great idea.. never thought of that. The gf will probably not be too happy tho as i will take apart all the pumps around the apt lol.
Old 03-25-2008, 08:36 AM

autozone, pepboys, kragen, napa, any one of those places have the pumps, under $10.

For the diff you're going to need a big wrench, I want to say 23mm (not a 100% sure, can't remember)
Old 03-25-2008, 08:38 AM

Xavier, I think ur right I think it was 23mm I remember it happened to be the size I used for a motorcycle axle bolt so I happened to have it.

like he said, if you have to buy the wrench (socket? i think i used a socket idk maybe there wans't room for a socket I dont remember) but you might as well buy the pump if you have to make a trip, otherwise make ur own. Then make the GF hold it and dump in the containers while you hold it in the tranny. Worked good for me

I jacked up one side of the car, filled it up, leveled the car out to let it drain even, then jacked it up and screwed it on tight. Done deal. New FM Honda stuff is a slight bit smoother too The diff wasn't too bad either same method.

-Greg
Old 03-25-2008, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by 05TurboS2k,Mar 25 2008, 08:38 AM
Xavier, I think ur right I think it was 23mm I remember it happened to be the size I used for a motorcycle axle bolt so I happened to have it.

like he said, if you have to buy the wrench (socket? i think i used a socket idk maybe there wans't room for a socket I dont remember) but you might as well buy the pump if you have to make a trip, otherwise make ur own. Then make the GF hold it and dump in the containers while you hold it in the tranny. Worked good for me

I jacked up one side of the car, filled it up, leveled the car out to let it drain even, then jacked it up and screwed it on tight. Done deal. New FM Honda stuff is a slight bit smoother too

-Greg
Cant use a socket, not enough space.

The funnel Idea works, I've done it before.

I jack up on side, fill, put the bolt on, then lower. This way you have a lil extra oil in the trans. But that's just me.
Old 03-25-2008, 08:46 AM

exactly thats what i meant by leveled the car out. Great minds!

<edit...mis-read.

you do extra oil? I was scared to do that I thought it might foam etc. Not a bad idea if you run the car extra hard.

Quick Reply: Lube Pump for Tranny & Diff fluid change this wknd