California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Loud Bikes

Old 05-03-2007, 02:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile Loud Bikes

So it was yet another beautiful 75 degree day in sunny Southern California. I had the top down, music up and an ear to ear grin on my face as I made my way to work today. I was having a moment with my S, enjoying the pure drive before I had to be cooped up at work all day.

I look in the rear view mirror and I see a motorcylist coming up behind me. I notice he's coming up with quite a bit of steam. He slows down as he gets closer to my car and darts side to side as if wanting to pass, mind you it was a 2 lane road and there was absolutely no one next to me.

I notice this and give him a and point him by. He darts left and downshifts right in my ear and then cuts me off and turns hard right into a neighborhood street. What a freaking jerk.

I felt angry because I had done nothing to the guy and I even gave the thumbs up and pointed him by while moving to the side to give him more space. I don't ride, myself, because I don't have a bike, but I like to look out for the safety of others who do ride. What token of appreciation did I get? A freakin 12K RPM downshift in my face. What a douche.

Thanks for reading my rant.
Old 05-03-2007, 03:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

don't worry.

Tomorrow he'll prolly drive into the back of a truck,
doing 120...
Old 05-03-2007, 04:32 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by s2k_dreams,May 3 2007, 03:44 AM
What token of appreciation did I get? A freakin 12K RPM downshift in my face. What a douche.
Old 05-03-2007, 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by s2k_dreams,May 3 2007, 02:44 AM
So it was yet another beautiful 75 degree day in sunny Southern California. I had the top down, music up and an ear to ear grin on my face as I made my way to work today. I was having a moment with my S, enjoying the pure drive before I had to be cooped up at work all day.

I look in the rear view mirror and I see a motorcylist coming up behind me. I notice he's coming up with quite a bit of steam. He slows down as he gets closer to my car and darts side to side as if wanting to pass, mind you it was a 2 lane road and there was absolutely no one next to me.

I notice this and give him a and point him by. He darts left and downshifts right in my ear and then cuts me off and turns hard right into a neighborhood street. What a freaking jerk.

I felt angry because I had done nothing to the guy and I even gave the thumbs up and pointed him by while moving to the side to give him more space. I don't ride, myself, because I don't have a bike, but I like to look out for the safety of others who do ride. What token of appreciation did I get? A freakin 12K RPM downshift in my face. What a douche.

Thanks for reading my rant.
he just got excited and started showing off...come down...it was prolly a kid or some immature person, don't take it personally

I used to ride, some ppl give us so we rev high to show off... no biggie
Old 05-03-2007, 07:55 AM

whats the big deal. he went around you. you should be thankful he enlightened your day with such a beautiful sound. I could see getting annoyed if he kept riding next to you and revving up or trying to race you.

He sounds like a real squid, but no harm no foul.

If it's any consolation, you have to understand how boring it is to go straight on a sportbike. I only ride street to get to the canyons, all within 5-10 miles of my house. I almost fall a sleep before I get there
Old 05-03-2007, 08:04 AM

oh and to someone in a corvette or a benz, you are a loud bike. No offense, it's just not a big deal.
Old 05-03-2007, 08:07 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ya as a rider myself... i have to say ive prolly done this too, it gets really boring and you dont think about the 12k downshift much, i mean ....thats just how u cruise out when u wanna really move. He probably didn't mean anything by it but its somethin to keep in mind while riding.
Old 05-03-2007, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by 05TurboS2k,May 3 2007, 08:07 AM
ya as a rider myself... i have to say ive prolly done this too, it gets really boring and you dont think about the 12k downshift much, i mean ....thats just how u cruise out when u wanna really move. He probably didn't mean anything by it but its somethin to keep in mind while riding.
in addition, when i used to ride I always assume that no one sees me so I do any possible way to get noticed like high revving while splitting lanes, also blimping the throttle to make sure i don't get a tight sqeeze while between cars...its no biggie at all
Old 05-03-2007, 08:24 AM

and plus 12k is not even that high....try 16-17k now that sounds awesome, its actually quite addictive...one of the main reason i didn't own a 1k bike only a 600 has that rev range at least the production street version, don't know about the race bikes...
Old 05-03-2007, 08:25 AM
Former Sponsor

Your thumb up and point could have been misunderstood as you wanting him to downshift and go...I know i've seen people do with with exotics to signal them to take off and rev it out.

Quick Reply: Loud Bikes