California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

lojack on lease

Old 06-10-2006, 11:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lojack on lease

sup all again,
as you may know, i just got my s2k on thurs.
i got the lojack for the lease on her but now i am thinking that i really dont need it.

any advice will be appreciated and money saved. =)

thanks again,
andrew
Old 06-10-2006, 11:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you have gap insurance lo jack is not needed and plus it's really hard to steal a s2000 barely any been stolen
Old 06-11-2006, 12:12 AM

thank you. if anyone else would like to add, appreciated.
i do have gap ins.
if i signed up for lojack at sign up and call them to cancel, do i have that right or am i screwed?
Old 06-11-2006, 01:05 AM

???? s2k do get stolen! They are just as easy to flatbed as any other car.

I'd say go for it, car alarms don't cut it anymore, so I have had lowjack on my last 3 cars. Insurance is a false sense of security - if you file a claim, you will more than repay it through higher rates. It is easier and cheaper to have the car recovered. You also get a minor discount on your insurance for having it installed.

Negotiate the install price. I have heard people claim they have gotten it for as little as $450, best I have done is $500. If you haven't paid a deposit I don't think you'll have any cancellation problem.

Also DO NOT get it done at Scott Robinson Honda - while it was in for the lojack they dinged my s2000, 3 days after I got it, and wouldn't man up to it. I'll never buy another car there!

-JD
Old 06-11-2006, 08:33 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If someone were to steal my car, I wouldn't want it back.
Old 06-11-2006, 09:47 AM

^ I would agree BUT, you may not have a choice. If someone steals your car with lojack, you may get it back with minimal damage, HOWEVER, if you don't have it, you may still get it back with ALOT more missing and just have to fix it. Then you'll be even more pissed that it was stolen and a ton of work needed to be done to fix it.

The point of Lojack is 1. speed of recovery and 2. you may get a small discount on your insurance. Alot of cars are recovered, and I agree, If mine gets stolen, I hope it is gone forever, but I'd rather have it back fast, than found 1/2 stripped and then have to rebuild it with the insurance company.

If you have abunch of aftermarket parts its worth it also.
MAtt
Old 06-11-2006, 09:50 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by pierceman,Jun 11 2006, 10:47 AM
^ I would agree BUT, you may not have a choice. If someone steals your car with lojack, you may get it back with minimal damage, HOWEVER, if you don't have it, you may still get it back with ALOT more missing and just have to fix it. Then you'll be even more pissed that it was stolen and a ton of work needed to be done to fix it.

The point of Lojack is 1. speed of recovery and 2. you may get a small discount on your insurance. Alot of cars are recovered, and I agree, If mine gets stolen, I hope it is gone forever, but I'd rather have it back fast, than found 1/2 stripped and then have to rebuild it with the insurance company.

MAtt
Ahhh, good point
Old 06-11-2006, 02:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My cousin's car a brand new accord coupe 05 was stolen. It was gone for about a week. Cops found it in a ditch somewhere. There were no signs of anything getting stripped. They did take the spare tire though i dunno why. But basicly there were only scratches on the car that he got repainted. So just to show you sometimes cars can get stolen and you will get it back with very little damage.
Old 06-11-2006, 04:34 PM

[QUOTE=oatnet,Jun 11 2006, 01:05 AM]
Negotiate the install price.
Old 06-11-2006, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by pierceman,Jun 11 2006, 10:47 AM

MAtt
The wise man has spoken... 110%...

I have Lojack and I'm very happy that I do...I also had it installed at HondaWorld...

Quick Reply: lojack on lease