California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Last Sunday of the Month Santa Monica Mtns run.

Old 08-02-2011, 08:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is USCTrackstar from the s2000.com forum. Anyways here's a short movie I made from July 31'st Run. It's a combination of pictures and short video clips. Sorry for the poor quality I took all this footage with a point and shoot camera.

I want to say this is my 5th time participating in this run this year. I hope everyone had a good time and I look forward to seeing more S2000's joining in on the festivities.

Enjoy!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqxVPJVZj8Y&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/media]
Old 08-02-2011, 09:59 PM

Nice vid, here's mine, just raw footage, bringing up the rear.

http://youtu.be/TBo-WhAfN0k

<object width="560" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TBo-WhAfN0k?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&amp;hd=1" ></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TBo-WhAfN0k?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&amp;hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="349" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Not sure how to embed the video properly...
Old 08-03-2011, 12:21 PM

Received 207 Likes on 108 Posts

Great footage guys! Thanks for posting.

I'm looking into gettting some radios for future runs. When there are more cars, I think having radios will help avoid wrong turns and losing people. If the investment isn't too painful, I'll probably pick up 3 or 4 of them. When you get 10 cars or more, it gets challenging to make sure everyone is together. Even with route sheets and maps, people get confused sometimes. And cell phone reception up there can be spotty at best. Last thing I want to do is to put us through what we saw that NSX group doing which was making poorly executed k-turns in the middle of Mulholland and just tempting fate to land an on-coming car in the passenger seat.
Old 08-11-2011, 12:23 PM

Hadn't seen this...nice recap Murph!
...and yes, I did bring the rain by washing and waxing my car the day before the run! HAHAHA

I'm really considering going back....I'm still weighing the 16hr drive roundtrip vs the 5-6hrs of the actual run..... If I get a passenger I'll probably make it back!
Old 08-15-2011, 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by Gardimontana_S2K
I'm really considering going back....I'm still weighing the 16hr drive roundtrip vs the 5-6hrs of the actual run..... If I get a passenger I'll probably make it back!
How hard could it be to get a passenger to come see the bright lights of LA? :-D You've got just under 2 weeks. Better get with the program!

PS Don't freaking wax your car next time!!! ;-)
Old 08-17-2011, 01:07 PM

Received 30 Likes on 30 Posts

I'm looking into trying to join you guys (and gals?) for the EOM Santa Monica Mountain runs. I need to work out logistics of where I can stay the night before and if I spend a night after the run or try to drive all the way back to Phoenix. Gardimontana is in Tucson I believe, so he would have a little longer drive. It's about a 5-6 hour trip for me to get to the San Fernando Valley. What is the address of the Vons where you meet on the Sunday morning? Do you always start from that same location or does that vary with the route for the day?

Mark
Old 08-17-2011, 03:15 PM

Nice! Tempted to come out at the end of the month, but I'm riding on crap all-season tires right now (moved down from SF) that make canyon runs fun... but not necessarily in a good way I'll see what the days leading up to it look like, though.
Old 08-17-2011, 06:35 PM

I'm definitely considering this run at the end of Aug so I'm hoping to keep updated with this whole noise.
Old 08-21-2011, 11:02 PM

Nice pics .. Count me in for the aug run.. Keep me updated
Old 08-22-2011, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by AZS2KDancer
It's about a 5-6 hour trip for me to get to the San Fernando Valley. What is the address of the Vons where you meet on the Sunday morning? Do you always start from that same location or does that vary with the route for the day?
Vons
17380 W Sunset Blvd
Pacific Palisades, CA 90272

That is not in the San Fernando Valley. It's on the westside, on the coast, just north of Santa Monica on Pacific Coast Highway. Meet time this month will be 8:30am, depart at 9am. That gives everyone a 30 minute window within which to arrive. We congregate on the PCH side of the parking lot near the Starbucks.

Quick Reply: Last Sunday of the Month Santa Monica Mtns run.