California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Last Sunday of the Month Santa Monica Mtns run.

Old 06-26-2011, 10:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^^I see that guy there all the time BUT the popo is at the top a lot there too. Just dont take the last turn and you'll be all right
Old 07-24-2011, 02:40 PM

Received 207 Likes on 108 Posts

Just a reminder that our next run is next Sunday. Location, same as last (Von's). Meet time to be decided later in the week, but it's summer so it will likely be early. I'll post updates here.
Old 07-26-2011, 12:34 PM

Former s2k owner, can non-s2k's join in? What time?
Old 07-29-2011, 03:43 PM

Let's say Vons at 8:30am (meet) and depart by 9am.

That will give us plenty of time to arrive, engage in some chit chat, drive a little, hang at The Snake a little, then we are making a stop at Hows Market for lunch. There are people meeting us there and we are celebrating two people's birthdays while there.

Vons parking lot on PCH
17380 W Sunset Blvd
Pacific Palisades, CA 90272

Anyone wanting to catch us at Hows Market at noon...
30745 Pacific Coast Hwy.
Malibu, CA 90256

All cars are welcome. It's all good.
Old 07-29-2011, 04:05 PM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

might head out to this for the first time. Don't think I can make it to the lunch part tho
Old 07-29-2011, 11:11 PM

Count me in
Old 07-31-2011, 01:58 PM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Didn't bring my camera so I didn't take any pics but DAMN that was fun. Might have to go to this every month
Old 07-31-2011, 06:20 PM

Okay, quick recap:

I think we had as many as 10 cars at one point! That was great.

Met up at Vons and I got a text from Brian (Joker) saying, "meet @hows, right?" To which I replied, "meet at hows at noon. VONS in 10 minutes!" And in response, "F***!" This is the second time he's done that. :-D We waited.

So a good sized group of us filed on out of Vons at about 9:15am and within about 5 minutes we had to pull over to put tops up. Rain! Go figure. In July. We don't get rain in July in LA. Must have been Gardi's fault! Brought it with him from AZ.

So we forged ahead. Up Las Flores...carefully. Over Schueren. Real rain now!! I'm laughing my butt off at this point. Almost as funny as the horde of locusts on the Idyllwild run. On to Stunt (no stop at the Overlook cuz there was nothing to see and it was just wet)

Left on Mulholland. Now, about this point Brian (Joker), Gardi, and Chaz got separated from the rest of the pack because Gardi had opted to try top down again and needed to stop to put it back up. There was some confusion, Brian ended up out front and turned right on Mulhollad instead of left. We were only about 1/4 mile down Mulholland waiting for them, but they couldn't see us around the curve. Took Chaz awhile to get Brian's attention to turn around. Chaos of course ensued but we saw lots of cool cars trying to get t-boned (NOT any of ours!!!) near where we were pulled over (long story). Joel went back to see if he could find them (Chaz, Brian, and Gardi) but didn't realize they had turned the wrong way. So once Chaz, Brian and Gardi showed up, I suggested Chaz lead up to the top of the Snake and I would go collect Joel. We were maybe 3 minutes behind the pack but that was enough to get Joel and me stuck in the middle of the Snake because they stopped traffic due to a commercial being filmed. But the rest of the group was up top enjoying the view. But while we were stopped we picked up a random blue S2000 that just happened to be driving up same time as we were. :-)

Onward... we lost one car due to them having other plans for the day. Down Latigo (always fun) and eventually over to Hows for lunch. A couple more cars had to take off at bottom of Latigo also, but we still had a good group.

Met up with Phil and the sun came out, literally. Sherrif decided to check out our rides in the parking lot there. We got pics. Thought it was kind of funny! Gardi had to head back to AZ but we're hoping he'll come back out next month to get to do the rest of the run. Hopefully weather will be more agreeable and we'll have a tighter bit of timing on everything (start, breaks, shorter lunch, etc). We also lost the random blue S that joined us at the Snake because they had other stuff to do as well.

From there we headed up Decker Canyon. Chaz and Joel peeled off toward the 101 as Ivan (USCTrackstar, on his new tires), Phil and I picked up Mulholland to head back to the Snake, Piuma, and then eventually Tuna Canyon. Nice clean run with only a five minute stop at the Snake overlook. What a difference 2-3 hours makes. Where it was spitting rain earlier it was now bright, clear, and roasting hot.

Called it a day at the bottom of Tuna and I headed home to go wash my yellow beastie. All clean and happy now, it's tucked in under its car cover to take a nap. And honestly, I'm about ready for one myself too!

Below are a couple of pics, but the entire gallery of shots (including my usual rearview and hold-it-up-point-backwards-and-snap shots) I took is on picasaweb here:

picasaweb album

Old 07-31-2011, 07:30 PM

that really looks like fun, will have to join you guys next month!
Old 07-31-2011, 09:44 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Today was really fun haha! Felt weird being the youngest, and sorry had to leave early.

Quick Reply: Last Sunday of the Month Santa Monica Mtns run.