California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Last Sunday of the Month Santa Monica Mtns run.

Old 12-04-2011, 01:26 PM

Received 30 Likes on 30 Posts

Thanks for sharing. That looks wonderful and you are so lucky to be living right there. I'm happy that you all had a good time.

Murph, did you have someone taking those shots of you from the side? Is that a camera mount on your windshield?
Old 12-04-2011, 10:50 PM

Received 207 Likes on 108 Posts

AZ, my nephew was visiting his crazy aunt (me) for the holiday weekend so he was taking the pics for this drive. Yes, that is a video camera mount you saw on the windshield. I haven't pulled the footage off of it yet.
Old 12-15-2011, 06:36 PM

EOM Drive Sunday December 18
Sunday DECEMBER 18
Vons at 9:00am (meet) and depart by 9:30am. This gives everyone a 30 minute window to arrive.

Vons parking lot on the PCH side
At Sunset Blvd and PCH
17380 W Sunset Blvd
Pacific Palisades, CA 90272

Lunch stop will be at Pavilions shopping center on PCH near Kanan Dume Road. Subway Sandwiches seems to be the best deal there.

This will be the last EOM drive of 2011!

(PS We moved this to the 18th since the last Sunday of December is actually Christmas Day.)
Old 12-16-2011, 08:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Might have to come to this!!!!
Old 12-16-2011, 02:39 PM

Looks like it's going to be a busy day, another drive scheduled for the same day but starting earlier
Old 12-17-2011, 01:55 PM

Ladius: There are always a LOT of groups organizing drives every weekend in the Santa Monica mountains. The end of month (EOM) drive had to get moved because of Christmas day. The group of us who met at the last end of month drive in November decided to move it to the 18th just for December. Not trying to step on anyone's toes by choosing the 18th. It's just something we do every month and if it isn't consistant, people forget it's happening.

I hope you take my comments the way they are intended -- just bein' chill and having a good time. I'm a little concerned that you posted a link above that will confuse people; and now some poeple will get confused and think the Von's group isn't meeting at Vons. And so a few people will still show up at Vons (and because I'm organizing it I *have* to go to Vons -- would be very, very uncool for me to not show up there now and stand up those who are counting on the Von's group meeting time of 9am) and some won't.

I know that everyeone will all have a good time no matter where they go tomorrow (the 8am thing in Palisades or the 9am meet at Von's on PCH), but I just want to make sure everyone knows I didn't change what the EOM regulars agreed on last month and I'm not trying to upset anyone and changing the plans last minute or anything.

Cheers!
Old 12-17-2011, 02:01 PM

So, just to reiterate...

EOM Drive Sunday December 18
Sunday DECEMBER 18
Vons at 9:00am
(meet) and depart by 9:30am. This gives everyone a 30 minute window to arrive.

Vons parking lot on the PCH side
At Sunset Blvd and PCH
17380 W Sunset Blvd
Pacific Palisades, CA 90272

Lunch stop will be at Pavilions shopping center on PCH near Kanan Dume Road. Subway Sandwiches seems to be the best deal there.

This will be the last EOM drive of 2011!

There is another group (and probably much larger with a mix of lots of different types of cars -- not just S2000s) meeting at 8am near the California Incline in Santa Monica and planning a cruise through the Santa Monica mountains. Different group. Not the EOM group. It's all good. Drive safely and have fun wherever you go this weekend.
Old 12-17-2011, 02:27 PM

Received 30 Likes on 30 Posts

I can't wait for opportunities to join you in 2012.
Old 12-17-2011, 04:25 PM

My bad! Didn't mean to distract, also not related to that other drive at all. Just seems like there's going to be a lot of cars out tomorrow, which may mean a lot of enforcement.

Have fun everyone and drive safe.

Originally Posted by RMurphy
Ladius: There are always a LOT of groups organizing drives every weekend in the Santa Monica mountains. The end of month (EOM) drive had to get moved because of Christmas day. The group of us who met at the last end of month drive in November decided to move it to the 18th just for December. Not trying to step on anyone's toes by choosing the 18th. It's just something we do every month and if it isn't consistant, people forget it's happening.

I hope you take my comments the way they are intended -- just bein' chill and having a good time. I'm a little concerned that you posted a link above that will confuse people; and now some poeple will get confused and think the Von's group isn't meeting at Vons. And so a few people will still show up at Vons (and because I'm organizing it I *have* to go to Vons -- would be very, very uncool for me to not show up there now and stand up those who are counting on the Von's group meeting time of 9am) and some won't.

I know that everyeone will all have a good time no matter where they go tomorrow (the 8am thing in Palisades or the 9am meet at Von's on PCH), but I just want to make sure everyone knows I didn't change what the EOM regulars agreed on last month and I'm not trying to upset anyone and changing the plans last minute or anything.

Cheers!
Old 12-17-2011, 07:30 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm in for tomorrow! (:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick Reply: Last Sunday of the Month Santa Monica Mtns run.