California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Last Sunday of the Month Santa Monica Mtns run.

Old 11-05-2011, 02:26 PM

Received 30 Likes on 30 Posts

Come over to Arizona for a few runs. No front plate is required over here.
Old 11-06-2011, 09:07 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

LOL Really wish it was like that over here ):
Old 11-07-2011, 09:30 AM

Received 207 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by stupkid
You took off your front plates? AND expired tags? LOL I was thinking about taking my plates off for the last run but could't make it hahha!
I've run without a front tag on most of my fun cars in the last 2 decades. Neither of my Miatas had the front plate and I don't usually run the front plate on the S either. I took the bracket off the day I picked it up at the dealership. :-) Vehicles registered in California are required to run the front plate so if you already have the bracket, I don't recommend removing it.

Now the expired tag... it wasn't expired. I had just received the new registration and sticker in the mail the night before the drive. I had the thing in my console and the funniest part about it is we were talking about it in the morning before we drove off and I commented, "Yeah, when we stop for lunch I really should put that sticker on. Not having it is just *asking* for trouble, you know?" So when the cop asked for registration and insurance, I had the current registration right there with the sticker still attached so it's not like I was in fact expired. The ticket was for failure to *display* the current registration sticker. *sigh* Still, it would have been much worse to have gotten a speeding ticket so I'm not complaining.
Old 11-07-2011, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by AZS2KDancer
Come over to Arizona for a few runs.
Actually, I would really like to at some point. I may have reason to go out to the Phoenix area come spring time, or perhaps to Sedona. Sedona is truly beautiful.
Old 11-07-2011, 01:49 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Lol dont you have your front plates for the monthly run? I just bought a bracket fron an auto store and stuck mine on haha
Old 11-07-2011, 01:54 PM

Check out the Arizona Chapter for potential 2012 rides we're thinking about, although exact dates have not been set yet. Anyone would be welcome to join us. Most of the 2012 rides would be one day trips, but the Spring and Fall Devil's Highway (Arizona Route 191 used to be called Route 666, until too many sign thefts initiated a name change) runs would be something that everyone dreams about. I am looking forward to driving that route. Our AZ group made a two-night trip from Phoenix out of it, as it takes a good portion of the day from Phoenix just to get to a good starting point.
Old 11-07-2011, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by stupkid
Lol dont you have your front plates for the monthly run?
At present, my front plate is zip-tied to the grill just to avoid recurring fix-it tickets. I do have the under-lip bracket which I just need to install. One of these days I'll get around to that... Show N Go license plate holder

Check out the Arizona Chapter for potential 2012 rides we're thinking about, ...
Will do!
Old 11-18-2011, 09:07 PM

I am hoping that my next visit to the So Cal area won't be another fender bender. I would love to join you in a canyon run some early Sunday morning. I'd have to leave by lunchtime or shortly afterward to make the drive home timely.
Old 11-20-2011, 11:50 PM

I would love to join you in a canyon run some early Sunday morning.
Next EOM drive is Sunday the 27th, weather permitting.
Old 11-25-2011, 07:47 PM

EOM Drive Sunday November 27
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday NOVEMBER 27
Vons at 9:00am (meet) and depart by 9:30am. This gives everyone a 30 minute window to arrive. We will not be rolling out late. We will roll out ON TIME.

Vons parking lot on the PCH side
At Sunset Blvd and PCH
17380 W Sunset Blvd
Pacific Palisades, CA 90272

Bring sunscreen, drinking water, and a full tank of gas. All of which can be obtained at or near the Vons. Potty breaks are encouraged before we head out since there aren't many options other than bushes where we drive.

Lunch stop will be at Pavilions shopping center on PCH near Kanan Dume Road.

Quick Reply: Last Sunday of the Month Santa Monica Mtns run.