California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Last Sunday of the month Santa Monica Mtns run 2013 -- aka The EOM Drive.

Old 02-08-2013, 09:11 AM
kap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RMurphy
Originally Posted by mostdope818' timestamp='1360343823' post='22323764
But what if a driver can be just as smooth/fast or smoother/faster with out it at all..does that make him a better driver?...since the driveer has no assist at all (except abs.most cars have abs)
That makes him Ayrton Senna.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

traction control is only part of how VSA implements its safety features. The S2000 dosent have a steering angle sensor that needs calibration but should utilize a yaw sensor to calculate stability in conjunction with body roll and wheel spin and vehicle speed. This being said modern vehicles will actually alter steering feel and apply the brakes in a method to obtain vehicle stability. this will give a vehicle amazing handling characteristics such as decreasing under steer or over steer whithout the driver being the wiser.......dam play station generation, were not breeding better drivers just weaker ones. but if your not used to driving with he vsa off practice at the track for safety reasons.
Old 02-08-2013, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by mostdope818
Whos ayrton senna? Lol sorry

no, just kidding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8By2AEsGAhU
Old 02-08-2013, 02:29 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NaturalAspirations
traction control is only part of how VSA implements its safety features. The S2000 dosent have a steering angle sensor that needs calibration but should utilize a yaw sensor to calculate stability in conjunction with body roll and wheel spin and vehicle speed. This being said modern vehicles will actually alter steering feel and apply the brakes in a method to obtain vehicle stability. this will give a vehicle amazing handling characteristics such as decreasing under steer or over steer whithout the driver being the wiser.......dam play station generation, were not breeding better drivers just weaker ones. but if your not used to driving with he vsa off practice at the track for safety reasons.

Makes me wonder if I should even have a VSA installed or not... Hondata has one that is compatable KPRO for afew extra features but as you know the ems has been abit glitchy to say the least. Then again I dont worry about rain with my tires and even driving around town im lucky to see 20mph tops.
Old 02-08-2013, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by RMurphy
PS I know the Exige has VSA, but I don't know if the driver had it enabled or not. The light on the Exige's dash that alerts the driver if it has engaged is shaped like a miniature-Exige as seen from the rear with little squiggly lines coming off the tires.

The car has a very basic traction control, which I don't turn off, but in the entire time I've owned and tracked the car (in wet, dry and sand-covered conditions), I've never engaged it. The only reason I know what the icon looks like is every so often, I forget what the little button on my console does, so I push it.

Thanks everyone for the awesome pics! Always good times driving with everyone, even if I look (and feel) like the odd man out.
Old 02-08-2013, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by mostdope818
Whos ayrton senna? Lol sorry
Go to Netflix/Redbox/wherever. Rent the movie "Senna." Thank me later.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by Kyushin
Makes me wonder if I should even have a VSA installed or not... Hondata has one that is compatable KPRO for afew extra features but as you know the ems has been abit glitchy to say the least. Then again I dont worry about rain with my tires and even driving around town im lucky to see 20mph tops.
When Hondata first hinted that they were developing a traction control, I was excited about it might be possible to tune VSA to work as electronic differential lock or even brake steer. However it turned out not as I hoped when it was released. The Hondata traction control doesn't touch brakes, it only control engine output through ECU. When the wheel slip is greater than the target wheel slip, the ECU reduces engine output. That's pretty much it. It's a little help for a car with massive power which needs additional aids to put those power down by cutting power down.
That's not what I need for my car. It's already pretty low down on power to speak of. But in your case Kyushin, your S2000 is different. If you can't find a good set of tyres to handle power and serve daily driving at the same time, that Hondata traction control may be a thing worth to look at.
Old 02-09-2013, 01:56 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by human668
Originally Posted by Kyushin' timestamp='1360366163' post='22324781
When Hondata first hinted that they were developing a traction control, I was excited about it might be possible to tune VSA to work as electronic differential lock or even brake steer. However it turned out not as I hoped when it was released. The Hondata traction control doesn't touch brakes, it only control engine output through ECU. When the wheel slip is greater than the target wheel slip, the ECU reduces engine output. That's pretty much it. It's a little help for a car with massive power which needs additional aids to put those power down by cutting power down.
That's not what I need for my car. It's already pretty low down on power to speak of. But in your case Kyushin, your S2000 is different. If you can't find a good set of tyres to handle power and serve daily driving at the same time, that Hondata traction control may be a thing worth to look at.

Ahh I see, good to hear from someone who knows more about than myslef.... I was clueless as to how it works. I run 265 Michelin PilotSport Supersports in the rear and they hold very well and 225 supersports in the front. I have an appt with WestEnd Alignment on the 25th to get a new set of Blistein PSS 9 and a rear anti bump steer installed and aligned, im sure handling will be significantly better! Im on my original 03 suspension btw
Old 02-13-2013, 03:19 AM

Should be a blast.
Old 02-14-2013, 01:50 PM

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

I should be there on the 24th!

Quick Reply: Last Sunday of the month Santa Monica Mtns run 2013 -- aka The EOM Drive.