California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Last Sunday of the month Santa Monica Mtns run 2013 -- aka The EOM Drive.

Old 07-29-2013, 10:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 07-29-2013, 11:29 PM

lol vtaaaaaaaaaaaaak
Old 07-30-2013, 02:34 AM

The cloud pics are epic. If its cloudy like that next time I say we stop at that big dirt lot on piuma from your after eom pics.
Old 07-30-2013, 04:32 AM

Glad things turn out ok with the bike incident.
Well organized as always.
I wish I know the roads more enough to lead if there are more people show up next month.
Here are couple clips that were captured:

http://youtu.be/4bCcg8MUNek

http://youtu.be/1s-tOXEdFgg
Old 07-30-2013, 06:51 AM

Yeah, that bike incident was scary. If Murf had gone in a little deeper or opted for a later apex it would not have ended well. What tires is the 'vette running? I've never seen that aggressive a tread pattern.
Old 07-30-2013, 08:36 AM
arf

Here's an album of photos from this past Sunday:
http://imgur.com/a/P36BJ
Old 07-30-2013, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by askin
Yeah, that bike incident was scary. If Murf had gone in a little deeper or opted for a later apex it would not have ended well. What tires is the 'vette running? I've never seen that aggressive a tread pattern.
Definitely a scary moment when we were told a motorcycle clipped a car, glad everyone was ok.

The tires on my 'vette are Vredestein Ultrac Sessantas. Never heard about them until after I got my car. I was very skeptical at first, but after annihilating my nitto invos after 6k miles (didn't hook for crap), I did some more research and the Vredesteins were the best bang for the buck. Lots of people on the forums love them, so got all 4 installed. So far they are great, and hook much better than the invos I had.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:40 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by N2OZ06
Originally Posted by askin' timestamp='1375195894' post='22695596
Definitely a scary moment when we were told a motorcycle clipped a car, glad everyone was ok.

The tires on my 'vette are Vredestein Ultrac Sessantas. Never heard about them until after I got my car. I was very skeptical at first, but after annihilating my nitto invos after 6k miles (didn't hook for crap), I did some more research and the Vredesteins were the best bang for the buck. Lots of people on the forums love them, so got all 4 installed. So far they are great, and hook much better than the invos I had.
Never heard of Vredesteins... Is it a subsidiary of a larger tiremaker or are they their own company?
Old 07-30-2013, 12:59 PM

Received 207 Likes on 108 Posts

Those pics are amazing, as always. Y'all, in case you aren't aware, Alan takes those pictures completely free of charge for us and he pays out of his pocket to have them hosted. So next time you have a chance, buy him lunch or contribute to his hosting fund or just give him a hearty thank you with a warm handshake and lots of eye-contact... whatever fits your budget.

To clarify on the motorcycle incident: there was no contact in the close call which I posted the video of, but we *did* have some minor contact between one of our group and a motorcycle elsewhere. It would not surprise me if the incidents were very similar in nature, though. Another yellow S, too. Either situation could have been oh-so-much worse and we are happy they weren't.

Love the tunnel footage as we did the easy cruise up Malibu Canyon to Piuma.
Old 07-30-2013, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by vtecaddict
Originally Posted by N2OZ06' timestamp='1375204243' post='22695964
[quote name='askin' timestamp='1375195894' post='22695596']

Never heard of Vredesteins... Is it a subsidiary of a larger tiremaker or are they their own company?
[/quote]

http://www.vredestein.com/car-tyres/...sessanta/info/

http://www.vredestein.com/car-tyres/...essanta/sizes/

Finding a dealer that can order them is a pain though, California Tire off Pico has them.

Quick Reply: Last Sunday of the month Santa Monica Mtns run 2013 -- aka The EOM Drive.