California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Last Sunday of the month Santa Monica Mtns run 2013 -- aka The EOM Drive.

Old 07-27-2013, 07:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hydralover
Where and what time are we meeting? I'll be coming out tomorrow.

Its on the first page. But they meet at Ralphs Store #731 in Malibu
23841 Malibu Rd, Malibu, CA 90265 at 7:45am
Old 07-27-2013, 07:59 PM

I ask because maybe they changed it since then haha
Old 07-27-2013, 08:17 PM

Received 207 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by hydralover
I ask because maybe they changed it since then haha
Latest updates are *always* on the first page in the thread. Although we do sometimes add useful or interesting info in subsequent posts, everything you ever need to know is always in the first post in the thread. The idea is that you don't have to wade through the entire thread to find out if anything has changed for meet up time, place, etc. I edit that first post to make sure it is current.
Old 07-27-2013, 09:10 PM

Bummer. I just got a misfire in cylinder 2 this morning. I had taken the day off for this specifically. Looks like I'll have to wait.
Old 07-27-2013, 09:40 PM

Received 207 Likes on 108 Posts

Get a good night sleep, all. We meet at 7:45am. Please remember to back into the spaces which are lined up nearest PCH at the Ralph's end of the lot. Makes for an easier roll out of the groups.
Old 07-27-2013, 09:43 PM

Anyone in the OC area want to meet up to roll out?
Old 07-27-2013, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by RMurphy
We may be adding a bit to the second half of the drive this month so you really do want to make sure you are topped off so we can do that extended drive.
Noooooo whyyyy!? I decided to rest my car instead and I find this :'(

And I probably won't be able to go until I get a rebuild or a diff used engine. :,((((
Old 07-28-2013, 12:35 AM

Originally Posted by G-Plan
I can't make this one. I have to put in some family time. Doing a drivecation by myself middle August from Eureka to LA down pch. If anyone had any advice on other good roads along the way I am all ears. Have a great drive. And new guys LISTEN TO THE SAFETY NAZI speech. It is important!
I would not recommend taking PCH ALL the way. There are several points where pch is nowhere near the coast. Heck there are even points where pch is not even a paved road, or even connected. Sometimes it just stops and then "restarts" somewhere else.

I was gonna write some crap here but realized its 1:30 and nobodys gonna read this shit for tomorrow
Old 07-28-2013, 01:06 AM

Originally Posted by Silver5656
Originally Posted by G-Plan' timestamp='1374959474' post='22690881
I can't make this one. I have to put in some family time. Doing a drivecation by myself middle August from Eureka to LA down pch. If anyone had any advice on other good roads along the way I am all ears. Have a great drive. And new guys LISTEN TO THE SAFETY NAZI speech. It is important!
I would not recommend taking PCH ALL the way. There are several points where pch is nowhere near the coast. Heck there are even points where pch is not even a paved road, or even connected. Sometimes it just stops and then "restarts" somewhere else.

I was gonna write some crap here but realized its 1:30 and nobodys gonna read this shit for tomorrow
Not to mention rocks fall on PCH and block the road all the time. Since you'll be in Eureka, check out Smug's Pizza. Probably one of the better thing's Humboldt is known for. Live for NY Pizza is also great if you go up to Arcata.
Old 07-28-2013, 07:38 AM

Thanks for the heads up on the road and I will check out the pizza joint. I have driven most of PCH at one time or another in the past in segments and never with my S. The parts that get rough or disappear I will go around but the rest I can't wait for. However I have to say I am a little bummed out out about missing the drive today. I have never made it for the second half and to hear there is even more. Well at least I know you guys will have fun.

Quick Reply: Last Sunday of the month Santa Monica Mtns run 2013 -- aka The EOM Drive.