California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Last Sunday of the month Santa Monica Mtns run 2013 -- aka The EOM Drive.

Old 05-28-2013, 10:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RMurphy
leeohhness:
Crossing double yellow is bad (unless it's for avoiding debris or a bicycle, and then only very carefully). It's dangerous in multiple ways. And when you cross, you would be amazed how many bicyclists, motorcyclists, and other drivers will call in complaints and then LE shows up. And then...
im still under/over estimating the position of my car within the lanes. hoping to get more runs so i can practice but that place is faaar.
still need to work on A LOT of things.

even if tuna had tough corners, i felt more comfortable driving there because of the one way street

Originally Posted by human668
Originally Posted by leeohhness' timestamp='1369804281' post='22572937
any chance i can get that/those picture/s?
No, I didn't keep it. It was the shoot right before that one.
I don't get paid for taking these photo (I actually pay a monthly fee to host them) so whatever I don't upload, I don't keep. For customers, I do keep back up even for those shots I don't use.
got it chief.
Old 05-28-2013, 10:55 PM

Received 207 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by human668
No, I didn't keep it. It was the shoot right before that one.
I don't get paid for taking these photo (I actually pay a monthly fee to host them) so whatever I don't upload, I don't keep. For customers, I do keep back up even for those shots I don't use.
We are very lucky to have someone so talented with a camera involved with our drives. I was actually wondering today what kind of local storage (as well as on line) you must have to have to support all of this. It really is staggering when one takes a moment to think about it.
Old 05-28-2013, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by leeohhness
im still under/over estimating the position of my car within the lanes. hoping to get more runs so i can practice but that place is faaar.
still need to work on A LOT of things.

even if tuna had tough corners, i felt more comfortable driving there because of the one way street
Autocrosses are good for working on that sort of thing. In the meantime, maybe just slow it down a little so it's easier to judge. It will come, just takes time and lots of practice. Being smooth and in control is more important. With smoothness and control comes speed.
Old 05-29-2013, 12:00 PM

I've often wondered about the direction of the wheels. I never realized there was information in the handbook when there were no curbs involved. Nice to see all the information gathered. I learned something today! Love when that happens. Thanks!

Though admittedly, without that understanding, I've never turned my wheels much, but always leave the car in gear when parked (all of the time, every time I park) so have convinced myself (right or wrong) that it isn't as big an issue.

Also, for anyone wondering about the cornering/braking ability of my car, if we have as much free time and open road as we did this month, I'm happy to make an extra run through the Snake while everyone's chit-chatting at the Lookout.
Though based on the F1 schedule, I likely won't be joining for the June drive. Though you can sometimes find me out in the canyons at other random intervals.
Old 06-01-2013, 01:37 PM

Just want to say & quick thanks to Roseanne, Alan, Andrew & everyone participated in the recent eom drive. Very well organized event with map, 2-way radios, detail road instructions, & lunch break :yes: it just can't get better than this unless you at a track or autox. The pics & video are awesome too! when Alan in the lead group stay with the slow group since he's the photographer also I also recommend going through the entire drive as the 2nd half is the best. We had a great time with fellow car enthusiast. Look forward to the next drive.
Old 06-04-2013, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by 7ackD1
Just want to say & quick thanks...
Glad you had a good time!
Old 06-08-2013, 06:36 PM

Just a heads up, all. It's possible that I won't be able to make the June 30th drive due to a work commitment. A client is moving that day and it's my job to make sure their entire computer network is up and running for Monday morning. I'll be in touch with Paul, Alan, Andrew, and those who frequently attend and we can decide if I'm going to skip this one or if we'll change the date either forward or back. The weekend after is right after 4th of July so.... I dunno yet. When we do know, we'll update the initial post in the thread accordingly.

In other news, I have finally put in an offer on a Lotus Elise. We'll see how that goes.
Old 06-08-2013, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by RMurphy
Just a heads up, all. It's possible that I won't be able to make the June 30th drive due to a work commitment. A client is moving that day and it's my job to make sure their entire computer network is up and running for Monday morning. I'll be in touch with Paul, Alan, Andrew, and those who frequently attend and we can decide if I'm going to skip this one or if we'll change the date either forward or back. The weekend after is right after 4th of July so.... I dunno yet. When we do know, we'll update the initial post in the thread accordingly.

In other news, I have finally put in an offer on a Lotus Elise. We'll see how that goes.
I'd be down for a week earlier!
Old 06-08-2013, 07:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Down for the weekend after! =D
Old 06-09-2013, 05:19 PM

AutoX this month is on June 21-23 so I'll probably make it out to the EOM drive this time!

Quick Reply: Last Sunday of the month Santa Monica Mtns run 2013 -- aka The EOM Drive.