California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Last Sunday of the month Santa Monica Mtns run 2013 -- aka The EOM Drive.

Old 05-23-2013, 04:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any Idea How Manny People Going To Show Up On The 26th
Old 05-23-2013, 05:09 PM

Received 207 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by vtak_foo
Any Idea How Manny People Going To Show Up On The 26th
Manny hasn't called me to let me know his plans yet. Nice guy though, that Manny People. Hope we see him.

If you mean how many, then no. Why? Do you have a minimum requirement that must be met for you to want to join in? Is it exclusivity you seek? Or are you just taking a random poll as your first post on this forum?

Enquiring minds want to know!!
Old 05-23-2013, 06:02 PM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

RMurphy, do you know of any nice places to eat at that are decently priced that is within the vicinity of the end of this run? Anywhere cool in malibu? Thinking about making this one and stopping by a good place to eat afterwards with the s/o.
Old 05-23-2013, 06:39 PM

Decently priced is a tough one because everyone's definition of that is different.

Here are a few ideas running from North to South generally along PCH. Check the yelp reviews and then choose as you think is best. I have put an * next to the ones I have personally been to and enjoyed (view, food, etc).

*The Sunset Restaurant
6800 Westward Beach Rd, Malibu, CA
right on the edge of the beach! Zuma at its finest.

Coral Beach Cantina (I want to go here!)
29350 Pacific Coast Hwy #310, Malibu

*Paradise Cove Beach Cafe
28128 Pacific Coast Hwy, Malibu, CA
(watch the speed bumps, but otherwise great.)

Geoffreys
(supposed to be lovely, but definitely pricey! haven't actually been there though.)

*The World Famous Malibu Inn
22969 Pacific Coast Hwy, Malibu, CA
(more casual. local landmark been there for ages. across from Malibu Pier. Parking likely to be a pain)

Duke's Malibu
21150 Pacific Coast Hwy, Malibu, CA
(I keep saying I'm gonna go here. It's sort of a sin to live here and not go.)

Moonshadows Malibu
20356 Pacific Coast Hwy, Malibu, CA ‎
(another place I keep saying I'm gonna go... but be careful parking and running across PCH!)

*Chart House
18412 Pacific Coast Hwy, Malibu, CA
(realize you are there for the view. Food is okay, but it's all about the view.)

Gladstones
17300 Pacific Coast Hwy (at Sunset and PCH)
(another one that I think we are supposed to go to if we live near it. Haven't been yet)

There are several places in Santa Monica proper (The Penthouse at the Huntley -- awesome view; Fig or Michaels for wonderful food; BubbaGump for Pier atmosphere, drinks, and food you would expect) but you can do a zagat search for those easily enough.

For something totally NOT ocean like, there is Saddlepeak Lodge off of Piuma Road. We drive past it on the run. What an amazingly different and nice place. Total lodge-like atmosphere in the woods. Nicer... moderately upscale. Sunday brunch is very pleasant.

I want to go to the Malibu Cafe at Calamigos Ranch (off Mulholland near Kanan), but every time I try they always seem to have some special event going on and they want me to turn my car over to a valet, even when I ask nicely and say I'll pay the valet to let me park it myself. Bast@rds. Looks so fantastic from the pictures.

Hope that helps. Naturally there are other places along PCH which look like they probably have great views (ocean side and all) but I haven't been. They all look kinda hip and happening and suave probably I wouldn't fit in so well.
Old 05-23-2013, 06:47 PM

If the weather is moderate, consider Malibu Country Club on Encinal Road. They usually have live acoustic music outside on Sunday afternoons, a light lunch and small plates menu and wine tasting. Pleasant to just sit in the shade if the weather is not too oppressively hot and slowly sip a glass. Malibu and Vine, it's called.

This Sunday might actually be ideal weather for it. Not too hot, not too cold.
Old 05-23-2013, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by RMurphy
Originally Posted by Silver5656' timestamp='1369293471' post='22561495
i've always been famous, now i'm famous and on youtube...... again
Dude... don't confuse famous with INfamous.
Lol
Old 05-23-2013, 07:13 PM

Sundays forecast on my accuweather, sunny with clouds 73ºF
Perfect for topdown
Old 05-24-2013, 12:10 PM

Just Curious.. LastTime I Went Was A Good Turnout So I Was Just Wondering. I Enjoy Seeing A Bunch Of S's
Old 05-24-2013, 07:56 PM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

Decently priced is a tough one because everyone's definition of that is different.

Here are a few ideas running from North to South generally along PCH. Check the yelp reviews and then choose as you think is best. I have put an * next to the ones I have personally been to and enjoyed (view, food, etc).

*The Sunset Restaurant
6800 Westward Beach Rd, Malibu, CA
right on the edge of the beach! Zuma at its finest.

Coral Beach Cantina (I want to go here!)
29350 Pacific Coast Hwy #310, Malibu

*Paradise Cove Beach Cafe
(watch the speed bumps, but otherwise great.)

Geoffreys
(supposed to be lovely, but definitely pricey! haven't actually been there though.)

*The World Famous Malibu Inn
22969 Pacific Coast Hwy, Malibu, CA
(more casual. local landmark been there for ages. across from Malibu Pier. Parking likely to be a pain)

Duke's Malibu
21150 Pacific Coast Hwy, Malibu, CA
(I keep saying I'm gonna go here. It's sort of a sin to live here and not go.)

Moonshadows Malibu
20356 Pacific Coast Hwy, Malibu, CA ‎
(another place I keep saying I'm gonna go... but be careful parking and running across PCH!)

*Chart House
18412 Pacific Coast Hwy, Malibu, CA
(realize you are there for the view. Food is okay, but it's all about the view.)

Gladstones
17300 Pacific Coast Hwy (at Sunset and PCH)
(another one that I think we are supposed to go to if we live near it. Haven't been yet)

There are several places in Santa Monica proper (The Penthouse at the Huntley -- awesome view; Fig or Michaels for wonderful food; BubbaGump for Pier atmosphere, drinks, and food you would expect) but you can do a zagat search for those easily enough.

For something totally NOT ocean like, there is Saddlepeak Lodge off of Piuma Road. We drive past it on the run. What an amazingly different and nice place. Total lodge-like atmosphere in the woods. Nicer... moderately upscale. Sunday brunch is very pleasant.

I want to go to the Malibu Cafe at Calamigos Ranch (off Mulholland near Kanan), but every time I try they always seem to have some special event going on and they want me to turn my car over to a valet, even when I ask nicely and say I'll pay the valet to let me park it myself. Bast@rds. Looks so fantastic from the pictures.

Hope that helps. Naturally there are other places along PCH which look like they probably have great views (ocean side and all) but I haven't been. They all look kinda hip and happening and suave probably I wouldn't fit in so well.
thats awesome! Thanks for the info, i greatly appreciate it.
Old 05-25-2013, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by Silver5656' timestamp='1369293471' post='22561495
i've always been famous, now i'm famous and on youtube...... again
Dude... don't confuse famous with INfamous.

why cant i be both?

Quick Reply: Last Sunday of the month Santa Monica Mtns run 2013 -- aka The EOM Drive.