California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Last Sunday of the month Santa Monica Mtns run 2013 -- aka The EOM Drive.

Old 04-30-2013, 09:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RMurphy
Originally Posted by mostdope818' timestamp='1367334306' post='22509628
Quick question, anyone here use the heel-toe technique? I always wanted to practice n get it dwn, hopefully use it next eom
If you want to be good at it, you really ought to be doing it all of the time, not just on spirited drives. You have to be able to do it without even thinking.

I heel and toed religiously in my Miatas and in my truck when I drove those. Unfortunately, I find it very difficult to do in my current daily driver and I've gotten out of practice. I use it in the S always, but I'm not as smooth at it as I used to be and I think it's because of the lack of everyday practice.
Practice is important, but I also recommend a good pair of shoes. I have gotten used to wearing the same shoes, it's a huge difference wearing anything else. I would recommend Puma, since they are relatively narrow compared to most.
Old 04-30-2013, 10:27 AM

Received 207 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by BlakeKleinCalabrese
Practice is important, but I also recommend a good pair of shoes. I have gotten used to wearing the same shoes, it's a huge difference wearing anything else. I would recommend Puma, since they are relatively narrow compared to most.
Yes, appropriate shoes are important, but brand is pretty much inconsequential to probably 90% of us here. I doubt I have to mention high heels are out, but if you must... then go Jimmy Choo. But since I wear heels on occasion, I've had to drive barefoot and, yes, one can heel and toe barefooted but I don't recommend it. LOL! Gets your feet dirty and those pedals are cold until the car gets warmed up. Brr!

Any good fitting, moderately thin soled shoe with medium grip that transmits pedal feel well should suffice. I like my 5 dollar kmart specials. But I learned to heel and toe when thick soled Reeboks high tops (with those silly multicolored laces) were all the rage and I was wearing them all the time. Once you know how to do it, you can generally do it in almost any shoe that isn't a clog or a spiked heel.

Or, you could do these $1500 Jimmy Choos...

You know, I used to see these guys running around in their fancy Pilotis and afraid to get them dirty. About half of them were being worn simply because it's like getting a Rolex or Dom Perignon. The owners frequently didn't know the difference, they just bought into the hype.
Old 04-30-2013, 11:05 AM

True most people cant drive and simply wear gear just to floss.... mostly of the Armenian and Arab type or my fellow Indians
I prefer using my Adidas campus shoes but chucks work just as well. Ive started using my competition shoes from Simpson just to get used to my gear again for drift season, the shoes are lighter and offer some more feel of things like the break pedal but if you dont know what to feel for the added sensitivity is for nothing. Keep it simple and keep it fun and most importantly dont fake the funk
Old 04-30-2013, 11:15 AM

Rick Astely will let you borrow any of his Pixar movies from his collection except one.

He's never going to give you up.
Old 04-30-2013, 12:11 PM

I would say, if you are using your regular shoes, tuck in your shoe laces.

I once had the shoe lace stuck somewhere in my civic moving to brake from gas pedal. I was just cruising to a stop so i shook it off and was able to brake. Just thought I would share my experience.
Old 04-30-2013, 12:47 PM
Former Sponsor

Some sick heel and toe action here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8By2AEsGAhU
Old 04-30-2013, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by NaturalAspirations
...offer some more feel of things like the break pedal...
WHICH pedal??? I hope I haven't got one of those on my car.
Old 04-30-2013, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by BlakeKleinCalabrese
Rick Astely will let you borrow any of his Pixar movies from his collection except one.

He's never going to give you up.
Meh... he can keep the movies. I secretly lust after his pompadour.
Old 04-30-2013, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by RMurphy
Originally Posted by NaturalAspirations' timestamp='1367348735' post='22510272
...offer some more feel of things like the break pedal...
WHICH pedal??? I hope I haven't got one of those on my car.

Brake pedal........ sorry
Old 04-30-2013, 02:32 PM

^^ bwahahaha. I just thought it was funny.

Quick Reply: Last Sunday of the month Santa Monica Mtns run 2013 -- aka The EOM Drive.