California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Last Sunday of the month Santa Monica Mtns run 2013 -- aka The EOM Drive.

Old 01-21-2013, 10:29 PM

Received 207 Likes on 108 Posts

Keeping an eye on the weather report. Right now they are saying possible rain Sunday. I hope not.

Posted via mobile. sorry about any typos. :-(
Old 01-22-2013, 01:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Y wont you be able to drive your car? getting a lotus?
Old 01-22-2013, 04:43 PM

Received 207 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Silver5656
Y wont you be able to drive your car? getting a lotus?
No Lotus yet. :-D

In fact, the Lotus discussion is an interesting one. I have come to the personal conclusion that the S2000 is a street car which you can race/track, while the Lotus Elise is a race/track car which you can street. :-D Both are very nice, and both have advantages and disadvantages.

While I don't think I can swing having both an S2000 and a Lotus Elise for a very long period of time, I may consider allowing a time during which I would have both long enough to make a longer term decision. Not sure. First things first though, I would have to find one I like well enough to buy and which is selling for what I'm willing to spend on one. And that, my friend, is a tall order! Takes patience and time, I am finding out. Danged 2007 Lotuses (Loti?), well-cared for, and with no clam damage are harder to find than an unmolested AP1. :-D

As far as Sunday goes, I was driving my S around a lot while my Yaris was in the shop (and that danged thing still has an issue that has me more than a bit pissed off with the dealer about -- but that's another story) and I noticed the gear box feeling a lot notchier than normal. And then it popped it out of first gear on me a couple of times. So I brought it in for MTF and diff (I wanted to do those anyway) while I also had the oil changed, but it's still feeling a little notchy and while it's possible I may have imagined it, it felt to me like I had trouble getting it *out* of second gear when I stopped at a traffic light. Concerns me a little. And I have an appointment for alignment with West End (more outer edge wear on the front tires than I would like to see) on the 29th so I'm thinking maybe I should not be hard driving the thing until I figure what's what with the notchiness and also after the alignment anyway (not that the two are at all related).

So I may be glomming a ride off of someone who needs passenger seat ballast. :-D
Old 01-22-2013, 05:04 PM

OMG, those videos LOL.....idiots.
I'll try to attend this Sunday.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:30 AM

Forecast is saying rain on Sunday :'-(
Old 01-24-2013, 09:12 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looking like I will be able to make this one, gonna make the gf come so I can scare her alittle on the snake!
Old 01-24-2013, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by Kyushin
Looking like I will be able to make this one, gonna make the gf come so I can scare her alittle on the snake!
Maybe you can do that on Tuna. We rarely have chance to enjoy the snake due to traffic and LE.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:39 AM

So, providing something doesn't come up last minute (as it seems to *sighs*), I can get out this weekend. Hopefully the rain won't keep up.
Old 01-24-2013, 01:26 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

My girlfriend's friend is visiting us this week, but if she leaves before Sunday, we're there!!
Old 01-24-2013, 01:36 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by human668
Originally Posted by Kyushin' timestamp='1359051134' post='22289609
Maybe you can do that on Tuna. We rarely have chance to enjoy the snake due to traffic and LE.

Ya the swine do graze there alot hoping to extort money from us so they can visit the KrispyKreme... The cops brag that its a great place to meet your quota, and too many bored cops out to nit pick chicken shit has killed the PCH for me in general. Granted, they havnt been able to touch me yet and I sure as hell wont be contributing a single dime to their obesity.

Thank god for the 9500xi and ZR4. Gonna be upgrading to the blinder extreme because I was nailed by a lazer but thankfully not speeding, I was rather confused why he followed me to the starbucks and went in with me.. He was after coffee but then oddly asked me why I was doing 5 under the psl so guess the ZR4 didnt work that time. He was on a bike and pop'd out from behind a bush like an excited puppy

Quick Reply: Last Sunday of the month Santa Monica Mtns run 2013 -- aka The EOM Drive.