California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Last Sunday of the month Santa Monica Mtns run 2013 -- aka The EOM Drive.

Old 04-26-2013, 11:16 PM

Received 207 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by sb67
My prep work, in its entirety, will consist of: Turn the battery back on.
Oh, and make sure the tank is full.
Either I'm a terrible slacker, or there are some impressive overachievers here!
You just have to tempt fate and try to jinx your Sunday with a post like that? Yikes, woman!

Go find some wood to knock on and toss some salt over your shoulder.
Old 04-27-2013, 08:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RMurphy
Originally Posted by sb67' timestamp='1367045159' post='22503140
My prep work, in its entirety, will consist of: Turn the battery back on.
Oh, and make sure the tank is full.
Either I'm a terrible slacker, or there are some impressive overachievers here!
You just have to tempt fate and try to jinx your Sunday with a post like that? Yikes, woman!

Go find some wood to knock on and toss some salt over your shoulder.
With the length of time she's been in the shop, I figure I'm owed some backlogged driving time.
Old 04-27-2013, 08:44 AM

Is it Sunday yet??
Old 04-27-2013, 09:16 AM

C you guys
Old 04-27-2013, 10:32 AM

hey guys, i have a few questions.. first off.. how come some people said it is bad to run with CEL on? and also if i have a T1R exhaust... is that gonna be too loud for the sunday run? first time on s2ki sorry for these questions
Old 04-27-2013, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by Cargo
Is it Sunday yet??
Almost.

Originally Posted by Mchen626
hey guys, i have a few questions.. first off.. how come some people said it is bad to run with CEL on? and also if i have a T1R exhaust... is that gonna be too loud for the sunday run? first time on s2ki sorry for these questions
1) CEL means check engine light. It comes on when there is something wrong. Could be something big or something small. One would probably want to get that checked out instead of flogging the bejeezus out of it on a canyon drive for about 100 miles. Depending on what is wrong with the car that it's got this CEL on, driving it in that condition *could* be very, very bad.

2) I'm not familiar with your particular exhaust so I have no idea if it's too loud for anything. Basically, if it's street legal and the car doesn't exceed whatever CA law says the maximum allowable decibels are for a street going automobile, I don't see a problem. If you would get a ticket for your configuration, then it might be advisable for you to consider that there is law enforcement (LE) out in the canyons on the weekends and sometimes they are in the mood to hand out tickets for infractions of that nature.

This may seem obvious, but I'll take this as an opportunity to point out the following: the "organizers" of this drive assume NO responsibility for if people who go on this drive get tickets, crash, have a crappy time, get sunburned, don't like lunch, or experience a paper cut. Your car, your responsibility. We are happy to hand out free advice and tips on what to expect out there on the road, but each individual is responsible for his/her own vehicle and for keeping it safe and between the lines! We are not responsible if you screw up. We will, however, take all the credit for if you have a good time.

So if you are getting all sideways, endangering other motorists/cyclists or property, and generally driving like a douchebag, it's not our problem, BUT we will all hate you and some folks may not want to drive near you.

Dammit... I said "douchebag" again.
Old 04-27-2013, 05:08 PM

Reminder all: we use walkie-talkies, so bring 'em if you got 'em. We stay mostly quiet on them, but we do use them to keep the group together or if something is amiss.
Old 04-27-2013, 07:31 PM

When the Cell light is on and depending what code is being flaged the vehicle is put in a safe mode to keep it running and get you in a repair shop. for example if the cam angle sensors thorw a flag the s2 wont rev past 3k and seems like it bent a valve. so running with a cell can cause damage. best case scenario you will get poor fuel economy and produce less power.
Old 04-27-2013, 07:59 PM

We take our EOM drive just as important as our track days.... LOL
The past two days doing a little here and there to prep
see yall tomorrow.

Old 04-27-2013, 08:08 PM

Would've loved to make it tomorrow but I'm going to AutoX instead

Quick Reply: Last Sunday of the month Santa Monica Mtns run 2013 -- aka The EOM Drive.